PDA

View Full Version : For the second week in a row...

Palehose13
05-18-2005, 07:40 PM
The Sox are on the cover of USA Today's Sports Weekly.

Last week Scott Podsednik was featured in an article about teams building around speed, and this week it is "A-OK with AJ" with a picture of Garland, Buehrle, and Pierzynski.

wsoxfan
05-18-2005, 08:23 PM
link...? :smile:

Palehose13
05-18-2005, 08:34 PM
link...? :smile:

I can't find a link tot he article. It looks like you have to buy a subscription, but this website has a picture of the cover:

http://www.newsstand.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=subscriptions&zone_ID=782&pub_ID=798&edition_ID=2204&issue_id=211335&pub_type=1&privacy_flag=N

wsoxfan
05-18-2005, 09:17 PM
thanks, that's a nice picture too....

Palehose13
05-18-2005, 09:26 PM
thanks, that's a nice picture too....

It's a great article with more great pictures. I recommend picking it up. It also sounds like A.J. is very happy here. Sounds like he gets along great with the guys on the team and likes living in the Lincoln Park area.

DumpJerry
05-18-2005, 10:28 PM
It's a great article with more great pictures. I recommend picking it up. It also sounds like A.J. is very happy here. Sounds like he gets along great with the guys on the team and likes living in the Lincoln Park area.
Lincoln Park, huh? Let's see how he likes the 'hood next week after he hits 5 homers this weekend to drive Flub fans (i.e., his neighbors) into a mass suicide frenzy....

Palehose13
05-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Lincoln Park, huh? Let's see how he likes the 'hood next week after he hits 5 homers this weekend to drive Flub fans (i.e., his neighbors) into a mass suicide frenzy....

I would agree with you if it was a cub player living on the south side, but I think AJ's neighbors won't give him flack. My reason? They probably don't even know who he is,so he is happy walking his dog around the neighborhood without harrassment. Unlike Paulie who got it from the freak on this message board when he was walking his dog. :wink:

fledgedrallycap
05-19-2005, 08:11 AM
I'm really curious to see if Kenny approaches AJ at some point around the All-Star break and tries to lock him up for a few years.

likeawarlord
05-19-2005, 08:16 AM
its nice, but sports weekly uses regional covers. still cool anyway.

Hangar18
05-19-2005, 08:21 AM
I booed Mark Grace once .........

Palehose13
05-19-2005, 08:31 AM
its nice, but sports weekly uses regional covers. still cool anyway.

Oh...I didn't know, but it got my attention so Sox players must not be on it that often.

Palehose13
05-19-2005, 08:33 AM
I'm really curious to see if Kenny approaches AJ at some point around the All-Star break and tries to lock him up for a few years.

It would be nice. But IIRC, the Sox have him next year if they want him because he can't be a FA until the 2007 season.

likeawarlord
05-19-2005, 08:49 AM
Oh...I didn't know, but it got my attention so Sox players must not be on it that often.

yeah, its true. its had brewers players on the cover nearly as often as white sox over the last few years.

daveeym
05-19-2005, 09:16 AM
I can't find a link tot he article. It looks like you have to buy a subscription, but this website has a picture of the cover:

http://www.newsstand.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=subscriptions&zone_ID=782&pub_ID=798&edition_ID=2204&issue_id=211335&pub_type=1&privacy_flag=N
But look at all the empty seats and blueness in that picture.

nccwsfan
05-19-2005, 09:22 AM
No White Sox photo on the cover here, but the A.J. story is mentioned on the top of the page, and the story is the feature smack dab in the middle of the paper. It's a good article- I think the whole 'AJ's a bad guy' is a bum rap from a few guys who just didn't like him. He's obviously gotten under Brett Tomko's skin.....

AJ's the man!

WhiteSox16K
05-19-2005, 10:12 AM
That's one cool picture. So much for AJ not getting along with the pitching staff.

But look at all the empty seats and blueness in that picture.

I thought the sort of the same thing, but mine was more of a...

:rooney
"There are sure a lot of people dressed as blue seats today"

peeonwrigley
05-19-2005, 10:38 AM

Some of his neighbors would be very very happy! :redneck:D::redneck (i.e. peeonwrigley)

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-19-2005, 10:51 AM

I was listening to Mike North right at 6 this morning, and he was praising AJ and saying that it is unfortunate that the GM in SF dragged AJ's name through the mud. He also commented on how he was impressed AJ had some stones to go out and direct Garland on Tuesday. Needless to say, I was shocked.