PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me....

sthbndsox
05-18-2005, 07:55 PM
or when D Lee comes back to earth over on the north side, are the cubs really screwed. Nobody up there is hitting other than him. He is carrying the team, and he's not going to hit .360 all year long. I keep telling cub fans that when they tell me its early in the season and the cubs will turn it around, but they just dont seem to understand.

SoxSpeed22
05-18-2005, 08:05 PM
or when D Lee comes back to earth over on the north side, are the cubs really screwed. Nobody up there is hitting other than him. He is carrying the team, and he's not going to hit .360 all year long. I keep telling cub fans that when they tell me its early in the season and the cubs will turn it around, but they just dont seem to understand.:welcome: This was the same thing with Moises Alou last year. When him and D Lee cooled off, their offense was dead. You are right about nobody else producing but if Ramirez gets in a groove, they can do some damage. Just not enough to compensate for the bullpen and occasional bad starts. Under .500 seems right. Also, threads like this belong in "What's the Score?"

sthbndsox
05-18-2005, 08:10 PM
Ok, sorry about the wrong forum. I wasn't sure where to put it.

SoxSpeed22
05-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Ok, sorry about the wrong forum. I wasn't sure where to put it.Not a problem, you'll have fun as a member.

Whitesox029
05-18-2005, 08:42 PM
or when D Lee comes back to earth over on the north side, are the cubs really screwed. Nobody up there is hitting other than him. He is carrying the team, and he's not going to hit .360 all year long. I keep telling cub fans that when they tell me its early in the season and the cubs will turn it around, but they just dont seem to understand.
They're already screwed. No bullpen and one guy hitting as hot as Lee is isn't even enough to win 82 games. Prior is pitching well for the most part and so is Zambrano, so right now my prediction for them is 85 wins, good for second in the strong NL Central but nowhere near a wildcard berth. That will go to the Marlins or Braves, whoever doesn't win the East.

RKMeibalane
05-18-2005, 08:57 PM
The Cubs are screwed because they're the Cubs. End of story.

SOXPHILE
05-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Also, while Prior has been pretty good so far, except for that Astros game, I think there still might be some questions about his elbow, and if he's gonna get "soreness" in it again, and have to skip a couple of starts. Who knows !? Jackass Zambrano is ouchie. They say he just has a mild case of "tennis elbow". I doubt we'll be seeing Johnny Baker keep him out there for any more 136 pitch outings. I think the Blue Ones are more concerned with him than they are letting on, but once again, who knows !?

DumpJerry
05-18-2005, 11:44 PM
The Flubs are toast. Total toast. Burnt to a crisp toast. D. Lee is their only reliable consistent player. Prior has too many ???? about his elbow, same with Zamrano. Anyway, those guys only play 40% of the team's games when healthy. Maddux? Is he doing anything? The media here is ignoring him. Bozo the Clown, is he a starter? I don't even know who the flavor of the week starter is for them for the other two slots.

Then there is their "bullpen"....:kneeslap: