PDA

View Full Version : Listen To This Crap

TomC727
05-18-2005, 06:51 PM
This morning on Eric and Kathy on 101.9, I heard this.

They were talking about the White Sox and they reported that Major League Baseball has gotten numerous complaints from multiple Teams about the Sox and an unfair advantage involving a higher mound. Eric and Kathy said that MLB has measured the mound TWICE at the Cell already and that both times the mound was EXACTLY the correct height. Has anyone heard anything about this.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-18-2005, 06:57 PM
It was reported today in the WSJ that the mound height has been challenged by both Baltimore and Texas. The Sox are clean.

:cool:

MIgrenade
05-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Sore losers, what a shame.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Sore losers, what a shame.

Roger Bossard is inside the heads of the Sox opponents.
:thumbsup:

:hawk
"I luv it when you analyze!"

NorthlakeTom
05-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Yeah, right. The Sox are 14-6 on the road. How do they explain that?

The White Sox magically raise the mound when they take the field in opposing ball parks. They then magically lower it when the home team goes out.

The whole premise is fallacious. If the mound were too high, both teams' pitchers would have an advantage. They're just looking for excuses.

nccwsfan
05-18-2005, 07:25 PM

They were talking about the White Sox and they reported that Major League Baseball has gotten numerous complaints from multiple Teams about the Sox and an unfair advantage involving a higher mound. Eric and Kathy said that MLB has measured the mound TWICE at the Cell already and that both times the mound was EXACTLY the correct height. Has anyone heard anything about this.

The other teams are getting WORKED by our pitching staff....might as well try to throw this out there. Sucks to be them!

LuvSox
05-18-2005, 07:35 PM

Eric & Kathy? Yikes!

Hitmen77
05-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Eric & Kathy? Yikes!

I thought all they ever talked about were the Cubs and the latest reality TV shows.

ChiSoxGirl
05-18-2005, 07:50 PM
I thought all they ever talked about were the Cubs and the latest reality TV shows.

They're all such Cub fans, it's ridiculous! They *try* to sound fair and as though they're a "fan of both teams," but it so doesn't work. :rolleyes: The only person from that morning show who's a Sox fan is the news update guy. The show's assistant goes to Comiskey Park to sit in left field and watch "Hottie Scotty."

whtsx1959
05-18-2005, 07:54 PM
I listened to that this morning, and right before that they were talking about the win last night and Kathy didn't know JG's name.

RKMeibalane
05-18-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm tired of other teams making excuses when they lose. Furthermore, why aren't these teams saying anything about the Twins cheating by switching the air vents on and off? The pitcher's mound is the same height for both teams, so it shouldn't matter whether it's regulation height or not. It figures that Baltimore would bitch about it. That team has more whiners and complainers than all but two other teams in baseball.

mrfourni
05-18-2005, 08:33 PM
\ why aren't these teams saying anything about the Twins cheating by switching the air vents on and off? \.

or cheating by taking steroids?

NorthlakeTom
05-18-2005, 08:40 PM
After reading about Schowalter's walk around the mound yesterday, while Garland was out there, I'm thinking both Baltimore and Texas may have just been trying to get into our pitchers' heads.

It's hard to believe that after the mound had already been measured, Schowalter honestly thought it was too high. It sounds more like head games to me.

soxtalker
05-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Has anyone seen any comments from the opposing pitchers? It might have been "head games" or "sour grapes," but it may also "feel" odd to the opposing pitchers. The actual measurement (and specifications) may only reflect a few dimensions, and the "feel" of the mound may be affected by others.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Has anyone seen any comments from the opposing pitchers? It might have been "head games" or "sour grapes," but it may also "feel" odd to the opposing pitchers. The actual measurement (and specifications) may only reflect a few dimensions, and the "feel" of the mound may be affected by others.

This is where we really miss Fukcwyiwads. He would know exactly how to laugh off these sorts of cheating allegations.

He would explain that the University of Minnesota conducted a study and found the ventilation fans didn't matter except fly balls might travel an extra 4 feet or so... nothing to effect the game's outcome. Then he would laugh how the HumpDome's ventilation fans were a great method to psyching out the other team's ballplayers.

I say we ask Bossard to do all sorts of wierd dirt sculpting rituals, raindances, and voodoo ceremonies around the mound before every home game... just to psyche out the other teams visiting Sox Park.

Maybe Black&White has an opinion, too.
:wink:

Brian26
05-18-2005, 09:33 PM
They're all such Cub fans, it's ridiculous! They *try* to sound fair and as though they're a "fan of both teams," but it so doesn't work. :rolleyes: The only person from that morning show who's a Sox fan is the news update guy. The show's assistant goes to Comiskey Park to sit in left field and watch "Hottie Scotty."

Yeah, Barry Keefe seems to be a diehard Sox fan. I saw Ferguson interviewed in his home on Chicago Tonight awhile back, and he's got Messiah and Woods jerseys autographed and framed up on his wall. My wife claims Eric likes both the Sox and the Cubs and isn't really a bigger fan of either...he just likes to hang out with his buddies at sporting events.

Kathy is the dumbest person on Chicago radio. During the floods a year ago, she asked why people just don't move their washers and dryers up out of their basements. Maybe because they weigh 500 lbs? :kukoo:

BlackAndWhite
05-19-2005, 09:22 AM
This is where we really miss Fukcwyiwads. He would know exactly how to laugh off these sorts of cheating allegations.

He would explain that the University of Minnesota conducted a study and found the ventilation fans didn't matter except fly balls might travel an extra 4 feet or so... nothing to effect the game's outcome. Then he would laugh how the HumpDome's ventilation fans were a great method to psyching out the other team's ballplayers.

I say we ask Bossard to do all sorts of wierd dirt sculpting rituals, raindances, and voodoo ceremonies around the mound before every home game... just to psyche out the other teams visiting Sox Park.

Maybe Black&White has an opinion, too.
:wink:

<teal>:?:</teal>

Mickster
05-19-2005, 09:44 AM
It was reported today in the WSJ that the mound height has been challenged by both Baltimore and Texas. The Sox are clean.

:cool:

Last night, I got on the the Stevenson about 6p and was in heavy rush hour traffic approaching Kedzie when a black Mercedes SL500 rolled next to me bearing a license plate with the word "SOX" on it. When I looked over, I saw our very own Roger Bossard.

Since his passenger window was open and we were at a crawl driving about 2 mph, I decided to give him a bit of a ribbing yelling that he should lower the mound already, that the mound challenge was embarrassing.

He smiled, laughed and yelled back "Can you believe it? Since we're winning, they all assume that we're doing something." When I mentioned that Baltimore was just upset after losing the first two games, he mentioned that it wasn't just Baltimore - that Buck Showalter spoke with the 3rd base ump during the game Tuesday and subsequently had it measured the 2nd time the next day.

Before traffic picked up, he yelled "They can check it before every game for all I care."

:)

KarkoFan1
05-19-2005, 09:58 AM
This morning on Eric and Kathy on 101.9

I know the member of WSI get their info from a number of unusual places but I never thought I would hear anyone getting stuff from Eric and Kathy. That's what I love about this site we have people looking for news about the Sox just about anywhere.

daveeym
05-19-2005, 10:00 AM
I know the member of WSI get their info from a number of unusual places but I never thought I would hear anyone getting stuff from Eric and Kathy. That's what I love about this site we have people looking for news about the Sox just about anywhere. Eric and Kathy are for women. You better be trying to impress a girl if you're listening to them.

Hangar18
05-19-2005, 10:05 AM
I listened to that this morning, and right before that they were talking about the win last night and Kathy didn't know JG's name.

Sounds very much like a cubby-bimbette to me. Im still waiting for the Cubs FM station, WXRT to acknowledge the White Sox. Im still laughing at the fact XRT went out and got Billy Corgan to do a segment reporting on the cubs .......
eventual collapse, heh heh. awesome.

Hangar18
05-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Last night, I got on the the Stevenson about 6p and was in heavy rush hour traffic approaching Kedzie when a black Mercedes SL500 rolled next to me bearing a license plate with the word "SOX" on it. When I looked over, I saw our very own Roger Bossard.

Since his passenger window was open and we were at a crawl driving about 2 mph, I decided to give him a bit of a ribbing yelling that he should lower the mound already, that the mound challenge was embarrassing.

He smiled, laughed and yelled back "Can you believe it? Since we're winning, they all assume that we're doing something." When I mentioned that Baltimore was just upset after losing the first two games, he mentioned that it wasn't just Baltimore - that Buck Showalter spoke with the 3rd base ump during the game Tuesday and subsequently had it measured the 2nd time the next day.

Before traffic picked up, he yelled "They can check it before every game for all I care."

MICKSTER, that is awesome ......... thanks for sharing that.
WSI, the true source for all SOX news ....

harwar
05-19-2005, 10:18 AM
If this story gets around enough places and everyone is talking about it,then its only a matter of time until it gets into the opposing players psyche whether they want it too or not.
This could get pretty interesting watching guys stiking out and yelling at anyone who will listen thats "no one could hit the ball if the mound is THAT high".

Tekijawa
05-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Maybe we're wearing big shoes then?

the gooch
05-19-2005, 10:22 AM
bossard was on some comcast show this past week and said that the mound is the same height but more steep than other parks.

phanreign
05-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Wouldn't a higher mound benefit the opposing pitchers as well? Bob Gibson thinks so!

John
phanreign@aol.com
http://www.phantomreign.net

balke
05-19-2005, 11:46 AM
I think the A's had the highest mound on the planet when the big 3 were there. THey never really got complaints. Its part of coach's jobs to find ways to win, or gain an advantage. I guess trying to say the Sox cheat is one way of doing it.

It feels good to have opposing teams fear our pitching.

tstrike2000
05-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Next we're going to hear teams complain about the shade of black in center field not being dark enough to pick the ball up out of the pitcher's hand. Actually, that was a complaint in the mid 90's, which is why they made it darker in center field.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Next we're going to hear teams complain about the shade of black in center field not being dark enough to pick the ball up out of the pitcher's hand. Actually, that was a complaint in the mid 90's, which is why they made it darker in center field.

Ironically, it was the Sox' Albert Belle who complained about the old blue tin shed of a batters eye. He claimed there was too much glare refecting off it. At his request the batters eye was painted black back in 1997. It stayed that way until the new green fan deck was installed a couple years ago.

Fake Chet Lemon
05-19-2005, 12:24 PM
How tragic........you listen to Eric & Kathy! I'm assuming since you are smart enough to be on this site, your radio is broken and only tunes in one station. Please let me believe that.

SOXfnNlansing
05-19-2005, 12:33 PM

They were talking about the White Sox and they reported that Major League Baseball has gotten numerous complaints from multiple Teams about the Sox and an unfair advantage involving a higher mound. Eric and Kathy said that MLB has measured the mound TWICE at the Cell already and that both times the mound was EXACTLY the correct height. Has anyone heard anything about this. What are you doing listening to eric and kathy???