PDA

View Full Version : Funny Sox fan encounters...

chisoxfanatic
05-18-2005, 06:33 PM
Today something happened that had me in stitches for a very long time...

While driving home from work, I noticed a guy come up from behind me very close. Out of my rear view mirror, I saw the guy take a picture of the back of my car (my license plate is WSOXNO 1) with his cell phone camera. He then proceeds to switch lanes and drive right up next to me, giving me eye contact. I then notice he is wearing a Sox hat. He points to his hat and gives me the "thumbs up."

The Sox Army is coming out in full force!!!

Have you had any funny encounters with other Sox fans lately?

Ron Karkovice
05-18-2005, 07:40 PM
After paying for my fabulous haircut at great crips I turned around and the guy behind me (he was prally in his 40s, i'm 18) was sox batting practice fitted hat and he took a look at my 1983 white sox jacket and we gave each other a high five. It probably looked stupid for those who witnessed it:redneck

Malgar 12
05-18-2005, 07:50 PM
I saw two Sox fans in Philadelphia, at a U2 concert this past weekend.
I couldn't help but wonder if they were WSI'ers, but only had time for a brief thumbs-up whoo-hoo encounter.

havelj
05-18-2005, 08:36 PM
I live in Old Town and on Sunday after the game, I got groceries and parked on the street next to my apartment building.

As I walked away from my car I noticed a couple with their two dogs talking with a woman with her small dog. The chick with the guy was hot but then I took a double-take at her husband. He had a goatee and I realized who it was. So I said, "Howdy Paul" and he said, "How's it going?" It was our first-baseman.

I almost said "you're turning your hips to quick and pulling everything foul down the 3rd baseline - you gotta wait on it a bit more - it will come around" but I declined.

skobabe8
05-18-2005, 09:06 PM
uI live in Old Town and on Sunday after the game, I got groceries and parked on the street next to my apartment building.

As I walked away from my car I noticed a couple with their two dogs talking with a woman with her small dog. The chick with the guy was hot but then I took a double-take at her husband. He had a goatee and I realized who it was. So I said, "Howdy Paul" and he said, "How's it going?" It was our first-baseman.

I almost said "you're turning your hips to quick and pulling everything foul down the 3rd baseline - you gotta wait on it a bit more - it will come around" but I declined.

Beyond awesome! i gotta move to the city! :bandance:

Urban Legend
05-18-2005, 10:22 PM
I've always associated the Sox with the blues. I'll be going to the Chicago Blues Fest in June and when we go to the blues clubs in South Chicago, we always run into Sox fans. I wish the Sox would play up the connection with the Blues and South Chcago, besides just playing 'Sweet Home Chicago' by the Blues Brothers. How about some Muddy Waters or Buddy Guy intros for hitters? I don't think Nancy (God knows we love Nancy) plays any blues, does she? Blues IS South Chicago (and Ilive in Ohio and know this to be true).

skobabe8
05-18-2005, 10:38 PM
I've always associated the Sox with the blues. I'll be going to the Chicago Blues Fest in June and when we go to the blues clubs in South Chicago, we always run into Sox fans. I wish the Sox would play up the connection with the Blues and South Chcago, besides just playing 'Sweet Home Chicago' by the Blues Brothers. How about some Muddy Waters or Buddy Guy intros for hitters? I don't think Nancy (God knows we love Nancy) plays any blues, does she? Blues IS South Chicago (and Ilive in Ohio and know this to be true).

:welcome: and good post

chisoxfanatic
05-18-2005, 10:59 PM
I live in Old Town and on Sunday after the game, I got groceries and parked on the street next to my apartment building.

I thought Konerko lived here in Bridgeport on Emerald???

SaltyPretzel
05-19-2005, 12:29 AM

I really wish the Sox would have a Blues Night promotion. They could have street musicians playing on the concourse and the ramps. Maybe even have a band play in the Bullpen Bar after the game.

HomeFish
05-19-2005, 12:43 AM
Fall of 2003. A friend and I get to the park early. So we walk around Bridgeport.

We see two cars that just had a minor accident. The drivers were out talking to each other. I assumed they were yelling at each other about the accident, blaming each other, etc.

No. Instead, what are they doing? Talking casually about how JR is a terrible owner.

Sox Pride.

Optipessimism
05-19-2005, 03:23 AM
I thought Konerko lived here in Bridgeport on Emerald???

When you get paid on average of $348G for every double play you hit into, you can have just about as many homes as you like.

soxGirl14
05-19-2005, 03:33 AM
i was walking out of my night class the other week and i was wearing my Konerko tshirt and i passed a guy in a sox hat and he gave me that "nod"..if yall know what im talking about...that silent nod ya know when you give someone when you accept them...lol i thought it was the funniest thing ever. it def made my day!

fquaye149
05-19-2005, 04:09 AM
After paying for my fabulous haircut at great crips

i hope you weren't wearing red

Erik The Red
05-19-2005, 04:13 AM
i hope you weren't wearing red
:rolling:

soxfan43
05-19-2005, 09:40 AM
I get the "nod" all the time now whenever I am wearing my sox hat. The fans are really coming together and I can't wait for this weekend, I'll be at all 3 games wearing my sox jersey.