PDA

View Full Version : Flub Series May 20-22 Which games will you be at?

JoseCanseco6969
05-18-2005, 06:00 PM
what games are you attending and where is everyone sitting??

cubhater
05-18-2005, 08:08 PM
As much as I love rubbing it in to Cub fans, I'm avoiding the Urninal this weekend. It's not worth the aggravation of having drunken frat boy jerks trying to fight you and starting non-intelligent baseball conversations which can lead to problems Cub security is a friggin' joke and only panders to their fans. One time as I left the bleachers after a Sox loss, a Cub fan continued to verbally harass me and tried putting his chest into mine, trying to instigate something. I asked security to hold back this jerk for a few minutes while I exited the stadium and he told me to keep walking because I was trying to start trouble.:rolleyes: Nothing happened but it still ticks me off today.

skobabe8
05-18-2005, 09:39 PM
As much as I love rubbing it in to Cub fans, I'm avoiding the Urninal this weekend. It's not worth the aggravation of having drunken frat boy jerks trying to fight you and starting non-intelligent baseball conversations which can lead to problems Cub security is a friggin' joke and only panders to their fans. One time as I left the bleachers after a Sox loss, a Cub fan continued to verbally harass me and tried putting his chest into mine, trying to instigate something. I asked security to hold back this jerk for a few minutes while I exited the stadium and he told me to keep walking because I was trying to start trouble.:rolleyes: Nothing happened but it still ticks me off today.

That sucks dude. sounds like the same thing that happened to Converted and I as we were leaving the urinal last july 4th. Lots of blue lovers running up to us and trying to start something. Luckily we were still in 1st place at the tme so i had a sure fire steady comeback, but it was still an experience i dont want to relive. That being said, i'll be there sunday in 508. Probably right behind a pole.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-18-2005, 09:43 PM
i'm going to the friday game section 515 row 3. if you wanna say hi i'll have the road grey on. call me yoda.

JoseCanseco6969
05-18-2005, 09:47 PM
I went to the game last year on saturday i believe ( the rainout) and the fans werent too bad. No screaming in my face. Just idiots in the UD that didnt get into the game much. They claimed they just got the season tix cause the cubs were good the previous year.

cwsfannick
05-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Saturday game Sec 228. May try to get to the Friday game. Looking for an affordable single ticket for Friday.

Dibbs
05-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Just sold my bleachers tickets because I don't want to go to the Urinal. I am proud to say I was only there once as a youngster (15) and have never been back since.

RichFitztightly
05-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Does anybody happen to have two extra tix they would like to give up for a price??

cbrownson13
05-18-2005, 10:21 PM
I'll be there Sunday. Sec 240, Row 21. I actually have never had a bad experience with the fans at Wrigley. Just good natured stuff, which is expected, and I would actually be disappointed if I didn't get it. We'll see how this one goes.

By the way, Skobabe, every game I've gone to this year, you have been at. Odd.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-18-2005, 10:22 PM
go to stubhub, there are reasonable single tix available

chisoxfanatic
05-18-2005, 11:26 PM
I know the Sox deserve some support, but I REFUSE to go to that dump on the north side!

cbrownson13
05-18-2005, 11:47 PM
go to stubhub, there are reasonable single tix available

That's where I got mine. I got 2 for $50 a piece...not bad. They are down the right field line out towards the group area they have.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-19-2005, 12:10 AM
That's where I got mine. I got 2 for $50 a piece...not bad. They are down the right field line out towards the group area they have.

i love how they charged for shipping and i have to pick them up from some guy

cbrownson13
05-19-2005, 01:17 AM
i love how they charged for shipping and i have to pick them up from some guy

Wow, that sucks. I got charged for shipping, but it was overnighted, I already have them. I would talk to the guy about getting your money back for the shipping. It may be a standard stubhub thing.

05-19-2005, 08:48 AM
I have never had a "bad" experience going there for this series...the Flub fans get it A LOT worse when they come to our house...In 2000 when we were on fire, but lost 2 of 3 at Wrigley, a Cubs fan came to me when he saw that I was obviously pissed and said "Hey, your going to the playoffs, we are going nowhere, this is the happiest we will be all season, but I'll trade you any day of the week to be in your spot"...made sense....Actually the only brawl I almost got in was in 2003 at the cell....a friend of mine and I were celebrating Jose Valentines HR to win the game (the one with his arms out) a drunken steroid muscle head Flub Fan went up to me and said "HEY, how does it feel like to be in 3rd place"...I said "HEY how does it feel like to lose to a 3rd place team?" His roids kicked in and he went on a rage "I'll kill you man, I'll bury you"...Security was on the spot in 2 seconds and we were escourted out different exits...ahole!

SoxFan78
05-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Me and 3 other buddies will be down the right field line. Luckily I got tickets the day they went on sale. My other experience at the Urinal wasn't that bad. We all had 3rd row bleachers for Cubs vs. Sox. It was the game where Josh Paul threw somebody out at second to end the game. The Flub Fans were actually knowledgeable and not to annoying. Good ribbing by both fans, but nothing close to violent.

We will see what happens Saturday.

alohafri
05-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Mr. Aloha and I are going on Sat. with our flub fan friends. Mr. Aloha is also going on Sunday and I was invited too but declined. On Sat. I don't remember our section but it's about 4 rows up from the Sox "bullpen"--sweet seats (if you can call ANY seats at Pigley sweet). I plan to take the camcorder and get some nice shots of Cotts. :redface: LOL

--Mrs. Aloha

fincher
05-19-2005, 09:10 AM
I'll be somewhere down the left field line on Friday. Decent seats from what I'm told. There will be 5 of us: 2 Sox fans, 2 Cub fans and a friend from out of town who will have to mediate.

Rocky Soprano
05-19-2005, 09:11 AM
I will be there on Friday.