PDA

View Full Version : 11-4 Against Teams With Winning Records...

Tragg
05-18-2005, 05:21 PM
.733 winning percentage, which is better than our actual winning percentage.

Next excuse, moronotti?

Jurr
05-18-2005, 05:42 PM
yeah, and then factor in some of the teams that we've beaten that are just below .500. The Tigers are a good example. They'd be over .500 if it wasn't for the beatings we put on 'em. They're 21-19 right now, and we're 4-1 on 'em.

Cowhead418
05-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Some Cub fan told me today that the Cubs were getting hot even though he admitted to the Sox taking at least 2 out of 3. When I told him that it didn't matter since they were light years out of 1st place and still under .500 while having the easiest schedule of any team in baseball thus far, he said "No way, the Sox have had the easiest schedule by far. I mean come on, the Tigers?" I'm really tired of this excuse. Some Sox fan also told me "We're only 10-8 outside our division, so really our record comes from the Royals and the Tigers." How has our schedule been bad? Is playing the 2nd-best team in baseball in a 4-game series not good enough?:?:

NorthlakeTom
05-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Some Cub fan told me today that the Cubs were getting hot even though he admitted to the Sox taking at least 2 out of 3. When I told him that it didn't matter since they were light years out of 1st place and still under .500 while having the easiest schedule of any team in baseball thus far, he said "No way, the Sox have had the easiest schedule by far. I mean come on, the Tigers?" I'm really tired of this excuse. Some Sox fan also told me "We're only 10-8 outside our division, so really our record comes from the Royals and the Tigers." How has our schedule been bad? Is playing the 2nd-best team in baseball in a 4-game series not good enough?:?:

Now the Sox are 11-8 outside the division, but ask that Sox fan, "So what?"

Baltimore is 9-7 outside the division.
Angels 12-11
Atlanta 10-8
St. Louis 8-10
San Diego 15-5

Are we to believe the Padres are the only good team out of the six division leaders?

Sox of White
05-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Now the Sox are 11-8 outside the division, but ask that Sox fan, "So what?"

Baltimore is 9-7 outside the division.
Angels 12-11
Atlanta 10-8
St. Louis 8-10
San Diego 15-5

Are we to believe the Padres are the only good team out of the six division leaders?

Intersting stats there. Especially the Cardinals. It does not seem right that they lost so many out of division games.

Anyways, no one is discounting how good the Cardinals are, and their division has to be the weakest in the league right now. The Brewers are in second with a .500. The Cardinals are the only team in that division above .500! And that division has one more team than most divisions. We win the games we play, and we win because we are good. Why can people not accept that?

NorthlakeTom
05-18-2005, 06:33 PM
We win the games we play, and we win because we are good. Why can people not accept that?

The answer to that question can be found in the "I can't taste my beer" Miller commercial.

We just passed stage one: Shock

Now we're seeing stage two: Denial

Acceptance will follow, but certain North Side and Twin Cities fans will never progress past stage three: Anger

Whitesox029
05-18-2005, 08:00 PM
You're going to have a tough time finding a split in which the sox are under .500....night games when Freddy pitches maybe?