PDA

View Full Version : Santana in new SI

SouthSide4Life
05-18-2005, 03:50 PM
i just got the new SI which featured one big as hell article on Johan Santana. it sayin all his great accomplishments and ERA and so forth. i had to laugh because he jost lost:D:

SoxSpeed22
05-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Let me guess, another victim of the SI cover jinx.

doublem23
05-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Let me guess, another victim of the SI cover jinx.

No. The cover photo is Steve Nash. Santana is on the cover, but has a pic that might be 1.5 in^2 in the top border.

SouthSide4Life
05-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Let me guess, another victim of the SI cover jinx. im not one to believe in Flubs/RedSox vexes. he's not on the cover anyways

SouthSide4Life
05-18-2005, 03:57 PM
ooo my hundred and oneth post:D: heres to 102th:gulp:

Iwritecode
05-18-2005, 04:02 PM
i just got the new SI which featured one big as hell article on Johan Santana. it sayin all his great accomplishments and ERA and so forth. i had to laugh because he jost lost:D:

I just read on another site where a Twins fan was saying how Burly looked "Santana-esque" with the way he was dominating the Rangers. Then he was reminded that Santana didn't look very "Santana-esque" last night... :cool:

Then he brought out the attendance card. From a Twins fan? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. They were barely drawing over 1 million when they were considered for contraction just a few years ago.

What's even funnier is that the Sox outdrew them last year! :D:

How come John Kruk wasn't calling out their fans?!? After all they were the defending AL Central champs!

NWSox
05-19-2005, 02:54 AM
[QUOTE=Iwritecode]I just read on another site where a Twins fan was saying how Burly looked "Santana-esque" with the way he was dominating the Rangers. Then he was reminded that Santana didn't look very "Santana-esque" last night...

I saw this yesterday as well. The guy picked a bad time to be using Santana as the model of quality pitching. 11 ERs over the past two games and a 3.96 ERA - Santana should hope his next outing is "Buehrle-esque." Being "Garland-esque" is another matter entirely.