PDA

View Full Version : Pohlad writes letter to employees

Jerry_Manuel
11-10-2001, 01:09 PM
Associated Press
The text of a letter signed by Jim Pohlad given to Minnesota Twins employees Friday:

Dear Twins Employee:

The last week has been a difficult time for our family, for Twins fans and particularly for you. The sense of uncertainty and anxiety has been unpleasant, to say the least, for all of us.

We have come to this point because of our failure to communicate the contribution that Major League Baseball makes to the vitality of our area and the partnership that must exist for all professional sports to flourish for the community's benefit. Instead, we have a climate of mistrust, finger pointing and non-cooperation that has brought us to where we are today.

Baseball has committed itself to economic and competitive reform. Contraction is a response to markets where local revenues are insufficient to contribute to competitiveness. Our willingness to go along with contraction, if the Commissioner so decides, has come from a feeling of hopelessness. Within the context of baseball's commitment, when we are posed the question, "why should the Minnesota Twins not be contracted?" we are unable to find a plausible answer.

If the Twins are contracted many will feel loss and sadness. No one, however, will feel that more than our family. It will be a sadness and sense of failure that no amount of money will cure.

Will we in fact be contracted?

That now is up to the Commissioner of Baseball. The owners have overwhelmingly indicated their desire to contract. So if the Commissioner finally decides the Twins are one of the two teams and if he is able to overcome the not insignificant challenges to the process, the Minnesota Twins will no longer exist. If by whatever events the Twins do play the 2002 baseball season, we will participate with enthusiasm and optimism for our team and for a solution to Major League Baseball in Minnesota.

We hope that you will also.

Clearly, whatever happens will have an effect on you. The Twins "front office" consists of outstanding people, many with long careers here. One thing you all have in common is a unique loyalty through hard times, as well as good times. No matter what, you will be treated respectfully and fairly. We will keep you as informed as we are able to.

Thank you for all you have done for the Minnesota Twins.

Sincerely,

Jim Pohlad

Soxheads
11-10-2001, 01:18 PM
Personally, I think he's shoveling it.

Daver
11-10-2001, 02:58 PM
That is a perfect example of pure crap spewing.
Thanx Jim Pohlad for setting the bar in idiocy.

Soxheads
11-10-2001, 03:03 PM
That letter was a waste of ink.

czalgosz
11-10-2001, 03:09 PM
Who the heck is Jim Pohlad, anyway? The Twins' owner is Carl Pohlad, last I heard... Is Jim his son? His brother? An evil twin?

Jerry_Manuel
11-10-2001, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Who the heck is Jim Pohlad, anyway? The Twins' owner is Carl Pohlad, last I heard... Is Jim his son? His brother? An evil twin?

I believe it is his son, but evil twin sounds like it could be true.

IA_soxfan
11-10-2001, 04:37 PM
If you're going to contract an AL team, contract the devil gays. At least the twins have history.

danman31
11-10-2001, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by IA_soxfan
If you're going to contract an AL team, contract the devil gays. At least the twins have history.

I agree, but I'm glad that the Twins will be gone because I got a hatrid for them this year.