PDA

View Full Version : 5/17 games

maurice
05-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Since that bastard Dub stole my last thread, let's try this again.

The Knights lost 9-8. Adkins got rocked. Thomas was 2-3, 2B, BB, 2 R. Anderson was 3-5, HR, 2 R, 3 RBI, SB. Lopez was 1-4, RBI.

The Barons won 10-3. Villacis was lifted after 4 mediocre IP. Lamura and Meaux combined for 4 scoreless innings. Owens was 2-6, 2B, RBI. Young was 2-4 with a long HR, HBP, 2 R, RBI, SB, and OF assist. Sweeney was 0-3 but walked twice, scored twice, and had an OF assist. Rogo walked 4 times and scored 3 times. Fields continues to slump, going 0-3 but with 2 sacs and an RBI. Stewart was 3-5 and brought his AVE back over .300! Gonzo doubled, and Gray homered.

The 'Hogs won 7-5. Flores was bad, but the pen pitched 3.1 scoreless innings. Castro got the W. Daigle is on fire, going 4-4 and raising his AVE to .340. Schnurstein played 2B again and went 2-4. Amador was back in CF and drew the collar. Collaro was 1-4 with an RBI, and Nanita went 1-2 with a 2B, 2 BB, and a RBI.

The Intimidators won 9-5. Liotta had a rough outing (5.2 IP, 4 ER, 0 K) but didn't get much help from the D (4 errors and a passed ball). Moat pitched 3.1 shutout innings of relief for the W. Ricks was back behind the plate and went 1-3, 2B, BB, R, PB. Delossantos went 3-4 with a BB, but committed 2 of the errors at 3B. Castillo is showing signs of life with the bat (2-3, 2B, BB, 2 R, RBI) but also committed 2 errors at SS. Kelly, McCarthy, and Cook each had 2 hits. McCarthy and Cook each stole a base.

SoxxoS
05-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Am I wrong to think a slightly less talented Nick Johnson when it comes to Rogoski?

maurice
05-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Am I wrong to think a slightly less talented Nick Johnson when it comes to Rogoski?

I guess it depends on what you mean by "talent." Rogo is a better all-around athlete than Johnson (stronger, faster, etc.). OTOH, Johnson has shown more ability to hit for power and is ridiculously good at drawing walks (though Rogo walks at a good rate).

Obviously, Johnson is a fairly established (though chronicly unhealthy) MLB starter. The jury's still out on whether Rogo will be a MLB starter. Daver seems to think so.