PDA

View Full Version : Please

Rudy Law
05-18-2005, 12:48 PM
I know I am going to get beaten down with a bunch of "What are you a Cubs fan?"..."What do you mow there lawn?" responses like I have in the past(like when I simply stated I like the Mike Murphy show) so I am prepared for it.....So here I go....Can we please....and I said please...Stop refering to the Cubs as the Flubs.......Its like we are in 5th grade...Just like I and I am sure all of you hate it when the Sox are called the SUX..... It just makes us look like a bunch a people who don't have enough knowledge of baseball to argue for your team, so we resort to calling the other team names.....Let us be the bigger people, it just makes the fan of the other team look more like idiots when they do it and we don't.......Thanks

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Baby Fisk
05-18-2005, 12:49 PM
What is baseball without nicknames? :?:

tebman
05-18-2005, 12:52 PM
I know I am going to get beaten down with a bunch of "What are you a Cubs fan?"..."What do you mow there lawn?" responses like I have in the past(like when I simply stated I like the Mike Murphy show) so I am prepared for it.....So here I go....Can we please....and I said please...Stop refering to the Cubs as the Flubs.......Its like we are in 5th grade...Just like I and I am sure all of you hate it when the Sox are called the SUX..... It just makes us look like a bunch a people who don't have enough knowledge of baseball to argue for your team, so we resort to calling the other team names.....Let us be the bigger people, it just makes the fan of the other team look more like idiots when they do it and we don't.......Thanks

I prefer "The Chicago National League Ball Club" anyway. That's was the official name when Jack Brickhouse would read the "...Any retransmission of the descriptions and account of this game..." legal notice back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

DaveIsHere
05-18-2005, 12:52 PM
whay are you talking about the Flubs in the Sox Clubhouse???:?:

ode to veeck
05-18-2005, 12:54 PM
.....So here I go....Can we please....and I said please...Stop refering to the Cubs as the Flubs.......

after due consideration, your request is denied, sorry

daveeym
05-18-2005, 12:56 PM
I prefer the Bitch Sox anyways.

joe_tansey2004
05-18-2005, 12:57 PM
I prefer the sCrUBs. The flubs was dumb anyways.

Mickster
05-18-2005, 12:58 PM
after due consideration, your request is denied, sorry

http://www.sghq.com/denied.gif

fledgedrallycap
05-18-2005, 01:02 PM
http://www.sghq.com/denied.gif

Hilarious.

Risk
05-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Sorry. No can do. Interpret this as having no respect for a team that does not deserve any.
Risk

batmanZoSo
05-18-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm with Rudy. What I do is just refuse to give the honor of capitalization, refusing to recognize it as a proper noun. Observe...

Friday, I am going to the game between the White Sox and the cubs.

Subtle, but deadly...:cool:

I'm sure I've said it once or twice because of my peer influence, but I don't regularly use it. And I don't criticize anyone who does, it just doesn't appeal to me. I like to be above the name-calling thing and "B**** Sox" or "White Sux" is pretty annoying. I'm sure Confucius would be against it...

But yeah, Rudy, this was a fruitless effort from the get-go. As Hawk would say...

:hawk
No chance... :D:

Baby Fisk
05-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Who can resist the subversive allure of the word "Skankees?" :cool:

Sox of White
05-18-2005, 01:17 PM

I agree. scrubs is the way to go.

Sox of White
05-18-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm with Rudy. What I do is just refuse to give the honor of capitalization, refusing to recognize it as a proper noun. Observe...

Friday, I am going to the game between the White Sox and the cubs.

Subtle, but deadly...:cool:

I'm sure I've said it once or twice because of my peer influence, but I don't regularly use it. And I don't criticize anyone who does, it just doesn't appeal to me. I like to be above the name-calling thing and "B**** Sox" or "White Sux" is pretty annoying. I'm sure Confucius would be against it...

But yeah, Rudy, this was a fruitless effort from the get-go. As Hawk would say...

:hawk
No chance... :D:

I do the same thing. Sometimes I actually capitalize out of habit, but I make sure to undo that mistake with the scrubs. They do not deserve to be capitalized.

JoseCanseco6969
05-18-2005, 01:30 PM
FLUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stroker Ace
05-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Um...Let me think......uh.....NO!

seanpmurphy
05-18-2005, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't say it's "resorting" to calling another team names. That's naturally what the big kid on the block does to the little crybaby neighbor up the street :smile:

bestkosher
05-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Does Flubs really offend you becasue that is your last name. Is your families last name fluboski or o'flubbery, or maybe it is flubbio. If it is I know it has to get awkward when talking about the cubs over thanksgiving dinner but for now get over it.

SOXSINCE'70
05-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Can we please....and I said please...Stop refering to the Cubs as the Flubs.......

One word:NO!!!:whiner: :whiner:

Actually,I call them the sCrUBS.They still suck.
I just don't advertise it on a T-Shirt.Also,sCrUBS
is the cleanest name I can call them.Otherwise,i'd just:cuss: :cuss:

DumpJerry
05-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Sorry, no can do. The name I usually used will get me banned from WSI for life.

voodoochile
05-18-2005, 05:16 PM
FLUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you left off the

SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, it's WSI... we reserve the right to act as petty and unobjective as we want to. What are you a flubbie lover? :wink:

chisoxfan64
05-18-2005, 05:18 PM
While I prefer scrubs, I ocasionally throw flubs out there too.
Sorry but I`m not gonna stop.

voodoochile
05-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Oh... one other thing... I put the Sox-O-Gram up before I saw this thread, so if there was any doubt as to what the answer was going to be, I hope that clears it up...

AnkleSox
05-18-2005, 05:26 PM
I really just like calling them the wrigleyville cubs or the lakeview cubs, especially when in the same conversation or sentence as Chicago White Sox. It shows that I don't respect them enough to call them a Chicago team.

BigEdWalsh
05-18-2005, 05:46 PM
I use Flubs or simply refer to them as the Cubbies (sounds SO darn cute). Refering to them as the cubs is TOO subtle and besides there are way too many people who don't capitalize ANYTHING.
Any way you look at it CUBS SUCK!!
:thankgod

I want Mags back
05-18-2005, 05:48 PM

Na, they will always be the Flubs

Dick Allen
05-18-2005, 06:03 PM
"Flubs" has been around too long to let it go now. Besides, the phrase fits!!!

LongLiveFisk
05-18-2005, 06:43 PM
I prefer the sCrUBs.

Same here....heard it first before Flubs and you can spell their team name in sCrUBS, which is pure genious. :wink:

Palehose13
05-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Same here....heard it first before Flubs and you can spell their team name in sCrUBS, which is pure genious. :wink:

Count me in as a "sCrUB" user.

soxfan26
05-18-2005, 09:34 PM
Stop refering to the Cubs as the Flubs.......Its like we are in 5th grade...It just makes us look like a bunch a people who don't have enough knowledge of baseball to argue for your team, so we resort to calling the other team names.....Thanks

:dumbpeople:

VA_GoGoSox
05-18-2005, 10:27 PM
I've always preferred to use "chubbies" or "chubs" when referring to the Chicago national league club. I just find it to be much more clever than calling them the "boners"...

DrCrawdad
05-18-2005, 10:43 PM
I prefer Cubbies. It's such a fittingly festive name.

Rudy Law
05-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Alright guys...Can we try to come up with something more Creative..Thats all I am really saying..

Johnny Mostil
05-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Stop refering to the Cubs as the Flubs.......

The who?

ilsox7
05-18-2005, 11:17 PM

I totally agree with you. It's either just "Cubs" or "the cub" for me.

VA_GoGoSox
05-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Alright guys...Can we try to come up with something more Creative..Thats all I am really saying..

"Jim Hendry and the Merry Pranksters Present the Electric Cubbie Acid Test"

:woo-woo
LSD is a helluva drug! WOO!

:barney&sham

I'm freaking out, man!

:nancy

"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" coming up!

voodoochile
05-18-2005, 11:48 PM

Hey, use whatever you want to so long as it gets the point across and doesn't set off the language filters.

Me? I've been calling them the flubs so long I feel like I invented the term. I have no idea if/when I heard it from someone else. It predates message boards from my perspective...

Randar68
05-19-2005, 12:04 AM

You're right, "Scrubs" is much better.

samram
05-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Eh, I'd prefer calling them the Cubs or just laughing. No reason to actually waste any mental energy thinking up a name for them. It's like when I used to be called a "FIB" when I lived in Madison. They hated it when I told them people in Illinois really didn't care enough about Wisconsin to think of a name for them.

SAVVY18
05-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Do like Sammy did and call them "The Coob"!!

mjharrison72
05-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Someone recently referred to them as the "ursa minor"... has a certain ring to it.