PDA

View Full Version : garland on cold pizza

the gooch
05-18-2005, 12:28 PM
they were laughing at how bad an interview he was. of course, the questions were stupid too. they started out with questions about his mom, then they covered the even more important issues like:
"tell us something we dont know about another guy in the rotation" (avoided answering)
"who do you not want to be your lockermate?" (rowand was his answer)
"would you call rowand a slob?" (your word not mine)
they got mad at jon when they asked who will start the ASG for the AL and he said, "whoever the manager picks"

after hes gone they say they think he'll get the all star start, and someone says, "when was the last time a 5th starter started an all star game?"

that would be two years ago on the same team: esteban loaiza.

TDog
05-18-2005, 01:31 PM
after hes gone they say they think he'll get the all star start, and someone says, "when was the last time a 5th starter started an all star game?"

that would be two years ago on the same team: esteban loaiza.

That depends on how you define the fifth starter. Many people define it as the last starter in the rotation at the beginning of the season. Others define it as the weakest link in the rotation. It's a ridiculous concept, really, to call Garland the fifth starter right now, but not as ridiculous as insisting throughout 2003 that Loaiza was the fifth starter.

Garland has the best record on the team with the best ERA and pitches in the rotation the turn before Buerlhe, who has the second best record on the team. It's a matter of perspective.

mjharrison72
05-18-2005, 01:50 PM
I thought ESPN was going to cancel "Cold Pizza.":?:

Iguana775
05-18-2005, 03:14 PM
I thought ESPN was going to cancel "Cold Pizza.":?:

They should.

chaz171
05-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Cold Pizza has to be the worst show on or has ever been on ESPN. This was a show that was based around a washout reporter from the Tampa bay Bucs and a girl from MTV road rules... with not one active brain cell between them. This was a show that was after my so called target demographics of 25-39. I once asked Steve Rosenbloom (for whatever reason don't ask why) if I could apply for a new demographic.And as he replied in his former Cubune column, since his demographic's demi moore was scooped by this demographic's ashton kutcher, I could 'just sit here and take it, mister!'

After several concered Phone calls from my Father in another state (asking me how I was "taking it") I had officially resigned myself to make sure that no friends of mine would ever watch that blasted show on ESPNjr.

I have been successful in convincing both members of my fanclub in doing so.

I hope anyone that reads this may follow suit.

chaz171
05-18-2005, 03:23 PM
That depends on how you define the fifth starter. Many people define it as the last starter in the rotation at the beginning of the season. Others define it as the weakest link in the rotation. It's a ridiculous concept, really, to call Garland the fifth starter right now, but not as ridiculous as insisting throughout 2003 that Loaiza was the fifth starter.

Garland has the best record on the team with the best ERA and pitches in the rotation the turn before Buerlhe, who has the second best record on the team. It's a matter of perspective.

The whole 1st starter, 5th starter thing is over emphasized. After your first off day, your rotation typically will not line up with another team's anyway. also with off days, some teams skip the fifth guy to keep their better pitchers on a 5 DAY rotation while others stay on a five GAME rotation.

Outside of Honours on opening day, some teams after the all star break, and Game one of the Playoffs/ World Series, Starters ordered 1-5 don't hold much more than symbolic value.