PDA

View Full Version : the fourth fifth spot

bestkosher
05-18-2005, 09:10 AM
With the emergence of Gralnd out of hte five hole we must look at the four hole. Right now the fourtht hole is a big hole for us, sofor we have had only one win out of the position. Granted Jorge has pitched a few good games. He has been very inconsistent however. I know if Jon stays on his current track his wins will make up for part of the lows coming out of the four hole but should would start conisdering the four whole beingour lasts years five hole.

mikehuff
05-18-2005, 09:34 AM
With the emergence of Gralnd out of hte five hole we must look at the four hole. Right now the fourtht hole is a big hole for us, sofor we have had only one win out of the position. Granted Jorge has pitched a few good games. He has been very inconsistent however. I know if Jon stays on his current track his wins will make up for part of the lows coming out of the four hole but should would start conisdering the four whole beingour lasts years five hole.
Hernandez is in the #4 spot and he has a record of 5-1 and an ERA of 3.91. The #3 spot in Contreras ("Jorge"?) who I assume you are speaking of. He is 1-1 with an even better ERA of 3.52. If you think that's comperable to last year's #5 spot then you're nuts. The Tribune ran the numbers for that spot in the rotation last year and it was 0-8 with an ERA over 10. We have no holes in our rotation. Wins and Losses for pitchers are pointless to look at. You can get a win if you give up 99 runs in a game just as you can get a loss while only giving up 1. His ERA is good and his strikeout to walk ratio is 34-22, not bad. Everyone is pitching well in the rotation overall.
It's Jermain Dye and Konerko we have to worry about on this team.

nasox
05-18-2005, 09:41 AM

terrible post

:threadsucks

ja1022
05-18-2005, 09:41 AM
Huh?? Who's Jorge? Hernandez in the four spot is 5-1, and the four spot overall is 6-2. If you meant Contreras in the three spot, he's 1-1 but the three spot overall is 4-4. That is hardly the black hole the five spot had last year. Relax and enjoy.

DarkCloudDropo
05-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Hernandez is in the #4 spot and he has a record of 5-1 and an ERA of 3.91. The #3 spot in Contreras ("Jorge"?) who I assume you are speaking of. He is 1-1 with an even better ERA of 3.52. If you think that's comperable to last year's #5 spot then you're nuts. The Tribune ran the numbers for that spot in the rotation last year and it was 0-8 with an ERA over 10. We have no holes in our rotation. Wins and Losses for pitchers are pointless to look at. You can get a win if you give up 99 runs in a game just as you can get a loss while only giving up 1. His ERA is good and his strikeout to walk ratio is 34-22, not bad. Everyone is pitching well in the rotation overall.
It's Jermain Dye and Konerko we have to worry about on this team.

You are correct. Also, contreras's spot currently stands at 4 wins and 4 losses.

wmusox9
05-18-2005, 11:11 AM

Is that you Harold or is it Kruk?

bestkosher
05-18-2005, 11:14 AM
I know this post was not my finest moment, but please comparing me to Kruk, god that is low.