PDA

View Full Version : Boo-Hoo Dusty!

chisoxmike
05-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Baker commented on Ozzie's comments that the crosstown should be 3-games and not 6.

Baker is worried about the competitive disadvantage that can arise among the teams that play six interleague games against the same opponent. While the Cubs are playing the division-leading White Sox, NL Central rival St. Louis gets six games against the last-place Kansas City Royals.

JB98
05-17-2005, 11:47 PM
Cry me a river. We get the Cubs six times. The Twins get the Brewers six times. I don't know if that's a disadvantage for us this year, but it has been the last couple of years. Those are the breaks.

Kogs35
05-17-2005, 11:50 PM
Hey dusty do u know st. louis and KC only play 3 times not 6!!! :tongue:

Chisox003
05-18-2005, 12:04 AM
I know Dusty can't say this, but do you think he realizes that the Cubs have absolutely NO chance at catching the Cardinals?

The Cubs will be lucky to finish third in that division, they might as well start working on the wild card at this point, the Central is locked, and has been since the beginning of the season

Meanwhile, I think the Brewers are going to give the Twinkies some trouble...They always do, and Milwaukee is better this year, IMO....Hopefully, not only can the Sox gain ground this week on the Twins, but really sink the Flubs ship by takin them down and the Cardinals rolling KC

S05X

Nellie_Fox
05-18-2005, 12:18 AM
He's just NOW figuring out that interleague ball gives some teams advantages over other teams in the overall standings?

C-Dawg
05-18-2005, 05:43 AM
I'm with Ozzie on this one. Every year its the Cubs for 6 games, while other NL teams we see 3 games one time and then not again for a long time. I realize they set up the interleague play to allow geographical rivals to play each other often, but come on, its starting to be repetitive.

seanpmurphy
05-18-2005, 07:03 AM
I know Dusty can't say this, but do you think he realizes that the Cubs have absolutely NO chance at catching the Cardinals?

The Cubs will be lucky to finish third in that division, they might as well start working on the wild card at this point, the Central is locked, and has been since the beginning of the season

Meanwhile, I think the Brewers are going to give the Twinkies some trouble...They always do, and Milwaukee is better this year, IMO....Hopefully, not only can the Sox gain ground this week on the Twins, but really sink the Flubs ship by takin them down and the Cardinals rolling KC

S05X

Wild Card? The Cubs with their current record would be at the bottom of the NL East and West with the exception of the Phillies and Rockies. Unless tehy do something amazing, it's just another losing season for the sCrubs. Next year still isn't here.

dcb33
05-18-2005, 11:14 AM
He's just NOW figuring out that interleague ball gives some teams advantages over other teams in the overall standings?

Let's not be too hard on Dusty, after all it took him until just a couple weeks ago to realize LaToya can't cut it as closer.:D:

To be fair, the Cubs have a brutal interleague schedule. They get us for 6, plus Boston, Toronto, and the Yankees. I also agree that we play the Cubs way too many times (if it were up to me I'd do away with interleague altogether), but griping about the schedule the way Dusty did is loser talk. It's shocking someone in charge of a major league team that already has one foot in the grave and is quickly becoming irrelevant in the NL postseason race in the middle of May is wasting his time crying like a girl about something that's out of his control instead of remaining positive, rallying his troops, and trying to make sure his team isn't completely buried by the All-Star Break.

chuckn98229
05-18-2005, 11:49 AM

Dusty is certainly not the brightest light in the marquee, is he?

Iwritecode
05-18-2005, 11:50 AM
To be the best, you have to beat the best.

Suck it up Dusty...

doublem23
05-18-2005, 11:53 AM

These things only dawn on you when you're on the short end of the stick.

CHISOXFAN13
05-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Cry me a river. We get the Cubs six times. The Twins get the Brewers six times. I don't know if that's a disadvantage for us this year, but it has been the last couple of years. Those are the breaks.

Actually, Milwaukee won four of six games last year.

Hangar18
05-18-2005, 12:48 PM
I realize they set up the interleague play to allow geographical rivals to play each other often, but come on, its starting to be repetitive.

Correction: The League of Extraordinarily Dumb Gentleman use Interleague Play to allow for more CONTROLLED MARQUEE MATCHUPS. In other words,
to allow the Cubs to keep playing the Yankees and Red Sox every freaking year. Im sick and tired of the "historic visit to NY" or "historic game vs BoSox" bs. Why do you think the SOX keep getting stuck playing some of the same teams?

SOXSINCE'70
05-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Here's hoping Carlos Lee has a monster series at the Twinkiedome.

He always hits well there.Just watch out for those lights,C. Lee!!
High popups to left field can become HR's over your head in a minute.

santo=dorf
05-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Correction: The League of Extraordinarily Dumb Gentleman use Interleague Play to allow for more CONTROLLED MARQUEE MATCHUPS. In other words,
to allow the Cubs to keep playing the Yankees and Red Sox every freaking year. Im sick and tired of the "historic visit to NY" or "historic game vs BoSox" bs. Why do you think the SOX keep getting stuck playing some of the same teams?
Hangar, the Cubs played the AL East for the first time back in 2003, and this year will be the first time they play the Red Sox in forever. :rolleyes:

Iwritecode
05-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Hangar, the Cubs played the AL East for the first time back in 2003, and this year will be the first time they play the Red Sox in forever. :rolleyes:

Isn't this year the first time the Red Sox have played in Wrigley? Ever?

IIRC, the last time they played the Cubs in Chicago it was at Comiskey...

Nellie_Fox
05-18-2005, 11:20 PM
(if it were up to me I'd do away with interleague altogether)From your lips to God's ear, my friend.

FarWestChicago
05-18-2005, 11:30 PM
From your lips to God's ear, my friend.You talk about an idea whose time has come and gone.