PDA

View Full Version : The Gooch...as a nickname??

SoxyStu
05-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Wasn't "The Gooch" the bully in "Different Stokes?"

I'm not entirely sure I dig it for Iguchi.

SluggersAway
05-17-2005, 10:36 PM
It also doesn't translate well into Japanese.

NSSoxFan
05-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Wasn't "The Gooch" the bully in "Different Stokes?"

I'm not entirely sure I dig it for Iguchi.

I actually like the nickname "Different Strokes" for Iguchi. It doesn't really need an explanation if you watch the man hit.:D:

daveeym
05-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Oh please not this again.

SouthSide4Life
05-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Gooooooooch:)

FarWestChicago
05-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Oh please not this again.I was thinking the same thing. :D:

StockdaleForVeep
05-17-2005, 11:09 PM
http://familyguy.blockoland.com/content/pictures/PeterGriffin2.gif

"YES!, and when arnold jackson got beat up by the Gooch, I WAS THERE!"

soxGirl14
05-17-2005, 11:15 PM
not a big fan of the nickname "The Gooch"..

in my own lil mind i think hes a cutie and like the name TadaHOTTIE

yes, im a dork.

Soxzilla
05-17-2005, 11:16 PM
The Gooch is also the piece of ski...

:gulp:

Optipessimism
05-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Is it possible to come up with a nickname for a player this day in age that doesn't involve either a play on his name and/or ethnicity? It seems this is the point where creativity ends.

How about this: come up with a nickname for him based on his play on the field, which is all that matters anyway. How about something that points out his above-average situational hitting? Or his clutch hitting? Or defense? Or his ability to make adjustments and learn quickly?

Can I please get some backing on this?

Chisox003
05-17-2005, 11:48 PM
I dont like "THE Gooch"....

Eliminate "the".....I call him just "Gooch"....

Goooooooch!

Black Sox
05-18-2005, 12:12 AM
The Gooch is also the piece of ski...

:gulp:

haha I'm trackin.' I know what you're saying. Definitely not a nickname any man wants to have.

SoxFan76
05-18-2005, 12:25 AM
Is it possible to come up with a nickname for a player this day in age that doesn't involve either a play on his name and/or ethnicity? It seems this is the point where creativity ends.

How about this: come up with a nickname for him based on his play on the field, which is all that matters anyway. How about something that points out his above-average situational hitting? Or his clutch hitting? Or defense? Or his ability to make adjustments and learn quickly?

Can I please get some backing on this?

I agree. Let's just call him Tadahito the Jap.

(I really hope I don't need teal for you all to know I was being sarcastic.)

WWE Champion
05-18-2005, 12:32 AM
Whenever I talk about him, I usually just call him Hito. I think a fitting nickname will come about sooner or later that doesn't involve a play on his name. And I know Hawk agrees with me. :cool:

seanpmurphy
05-18-2005, 12:32 AM
For those of you unfamiliar with the world of trash television and the show Jackass, I have heard on more than one occasion Johnny Knoxville refer to the area between your goods and your behind as "the gooch." Do we really want to nickname our only .300 hitter after such a lovely spot on the human body?

yes, my mind is definitely in the gutter, but everytime I hear "Gooch" I think of that one Jackass episode. Sorry guys. I tried keeping this as clean as possible

mantis1212
05-18-2005, 12:45 AM
What's Knoxville talking about? Everyone knows that's the TAINT :redneck

seanpmurphy
05-18-2005, 01:58 AM
What's Knoxville talking about? Everyone knows that's the TAINT :redneck

I guess when you've been kicked in the nuts, bitten by animals, and hit on the noggin the number of times he has, you're at liberty to make up words!

Muopsies
05-18-2005, 02:01 AM
I love "The Gooch" as a nickname. Whoever had that sign tonight was a genius. My buddy and I were dying of laughter at that. Great reference too. The Gooch is here to stay.

daveeym
05-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Ah so it's from Jackass, wondering why i'd never heard of it. Frickin jackass generation. :D: I also prefer plain Gooch rather than "The Gooch".