PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Garland 8-0 Post-Game Thread

NSSoxFan
05-17-2005, 09:30 PM
YES

Go SOX!

Also, great to see Frank have a good game in Ottawa.

How about Garland? What a sixth inning.

:bandance: :bandance:

voodoochile
05-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Oh good, so the Sox don't suck... :rolleyes:

:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

buehrle4cy05
Twinkies also losing...Santana gives up 7:bandance:

itsnotrequired
Another awesome game by Garland. 8-0, baby!:bandance:

The Racehorse
WTG Big Jon... :gulp:

Winning is great!!!

:supernana:

Stroker Ace
05-17-2005, 09:32 PM
SOX WIN!!! YESSSSS!!!!!

Who would have thought that Garland and Hermanson would be our best starter and reliever? Great job by both of them!

Flames24Rulz
:winner

JG did his job tonight, Marte did a good job and Dustin made it interesting, but still a W. Lets take this series and get a W tomorrow :cool:

Uncle_Patrick
AJ with another home run tonight, too. That's good news.

Ventura Fan 23
Frickin awesome, I enjoyed AJ's home run.

cheeses_h_rice
HUGE inning by JG to keep the game at 3-2 with 3 straight outs and RISP.

HUGE 2-run homer by AJ to give the Sox a much-needed cushion.

HUGE innings of relief by Marte and Hermanson.

All in all, a HUGE victory.

:gulp:

MRKARNO
05-17-2005, 09:33 PM
It feels damn good to be on the winning side again!:D::D:

Garland 8-0

Wow.

NOTE: In Florida, Willis has already given up 4 in the first inning.

ilsox7
05-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Oh good, so the Sox don't suck... :rolleyes:

You mean 3 game losing streaks aren't the end of the world?

SoxSpeed22
05-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Right back to where we need to be. :bandance: Let's build some momentum for the Cubs series and the Western Gauntlet.
:supernana: Garland 8-0!:supernana:
Pods was great, and AJ. Good win.

SouthSide4Life
Marte really redeamed himself for last night. I'm happy with the call for the Designated Hermanson to come in even tho he had me @ the edge of the seat for a few minutes. AJ your are destined for greatness. A-Row thanks Again!!!:bandance::bandance::bandance:

NorthlakeTom
Excellent.

I could be sarcastic about all the Marte naysayers from last night, but I won't.

Hermanson made it interesting, but did the job again. 19 1/3 scoreless innings. 9 saves.

Garland is baseball's first 8 game winner, and if Willis loses or no-decisions tonight, he'll be baseball's only 8 game winner.

Kogs35
Garland!!!!!!!!!! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: back on track win the series tomorow mark:bandance:

WikdChiSoxFan
05-17-2005, 09:36 PM
:jon goodnight garland!!!

you're awesome....

uh...and if you look at Willis' wins they're against all the worst teams, (but he does have an insane ERA), but still, Jon G rox my sox!!!

(Why did I go to the game last night and not tonight?)

Stroker Ace
05-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Excellent.

I could be sarcastic about all the Marte naysayers from last night, but I won't.

Hermanson made it interesting, but did the job again. 19 1/3 scoreless innings. 9 saves.

Garland is baseball's first 8 game winner, and if Willis loses or no-decisions tonight, he'll be baseball's only 8 game winner.Lets hope that happens.:D: . I like the sound of MLB WINS LEADER

ma_deuce
05-17-2005, 09:39 PM
:sandy

"Hey, don't I deserve any credit for leaving the tying run at the plate?"

cubhater
05-17-2005, 09:39 PM
It'll be hard for Torre to keep JG off the ASG pitching staff this year. Oh wait, I forgot he won't manage the team this year!:D:

NorthlakeTom
05-17-2005, 09:41 PM
You mean 3 game losing streaks aren't the end of the world?

No, 3 game losing streaks are the end of baseball.

4 game losing streaks are the end of democracy.

5 game losing streaks are the end of the world.

halfpricemonday
05-17-2005, 09:41 PM
After Garland gave up the RBI double in the 6th, that was some kind of pitching to keep us in a close game. A year ago, that's the kind of situation where Jon gives up the big hit or gets wild and off to the bullpen we go.

This year? Strikeout, strikeout, fly out.

Props to Marte and Hermy as well.

As I've said before, I love our pitching, and I love this team.

SouthSide4Life
05-17-2005, 09:42 PM
(Why did I go to the game last night and not tonight?)iwas thinkin the exact same thing. the place was uncommonly empty for a pepsi/garland night. me and my bro were kickin ourselves for not attending:whiner:psshhhhhhh...sox win!

SouthSide4Life
05-17-2005, 09:44 PM
:sandy

"Hey, don't I deserve any credit for leaving the tying run at the plate?":cheers:

ilsox7

So 6 game streaks mean the end of the galaxy.

And 7 game streaks the Cubs will win a World Series?

gosox83
:rowand If this guy stays hot and continues this hitting streak watch OUT!!!!!

GREAT GAME JG.

MAGIC NUMBER WILL BE 119 as soon as the Jays finish off the twins. 3 more outs to go!!

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

CubsfansareDRUNK
05-17-2005, 09:45 PM
All in All an excellent game for the sox. lets take the series :gulp:

soxwon
05-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Hermanson just set the MLB record for most consecutive scoreless innings since the begining of a season.

ken brett held the record 19.1 innings
now hermie has 19.2

congrats dustan- another new MLB record for the Sox.

SoxWillWin
05-17-2005, 09:47 PM
YESSSSSS!!!!!!
Good job JG for getting out of that jam in the 6th

MRKARNO
05-17-2005, 09:48 PM
Hermanson just set the MLB record for most consecutive scoreless innings since the begining of a season.

I'm pretty sure that's just a White Sox record

WikdChiSoxFan
05-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Jon G goes 8-0 and this thread looks like it might not even make 50 posts....this thread need at least a triple tomato...if not for me...do it for jon...

NorthlakeTom
05-17-2005, 09:49 PM
So 6 game streaks mean the end of the galaxy.

And 7 game streaks the Cubs will win a World Series?

:redneck

(I can't top that one, nor would I want to.)

voodoochile
05-17-2005, 09:50 PM
This post comes roughly 19 minutes after the first post in this thread.

Last night there were 50 replies already... Negative people suck...

NorthlakeTom
05-17-2005, 09:51 PM
It's also worth noting that Dye hit the ball well tonight, and he and Konerko both hit safely. I think they both will be fine.

halfpricemonday
05-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Not that this has to do with anything, but I'm originally from LA, so I guess this means something to me. The Dodgers tagged Willis for 4 in the 1st, so Jon has a fairly good chance to be the only 8-0 pitcher in the majors.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled Sox love. :D:

Lip Man 1
05-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Voodoo:

Maybe Sox fans hate losing and expect winning?

Just something to consider.

Lip

WagMan
05-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Way to go A-Row!:bandance:

Way to go Hermy!!:bandance: :bandance:

Way to go JG!!!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

*WOOOHOOOOO!*

ilsox7
05-17-2005, 09:53 PM

Yes they do. I don't even come around the Clubhouse much when the Sox lose. Too many "sprinters" and not enough "marathoners" around these parts.

We are playing .700 baseball 25% into the season. Unreal.

mjmcend
05-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Another awesome game. Thanks Jon, you are a champ.

voodoochile
05-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Voodoo:

Lip

Maybe they just expect losing and prefer to be right rather than celebrate the moment that is happening in front of them.

Live in the now, Lip... The past is long gone...

FarWestChicago
05-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Voodoo:

LipLip, exactly what does that have to do with only posting when you are psychotically enraged or depressed? That makes zero sense.

FarWestChicago
05-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Maybe they just expect losing and prefer to be right rather than celebrate the moment that is happening in front of them.You hit that nail on the head. Notice the silence of the FOBB's this year. They can't even enjoy the Sox success because of the failure of their beloved A's.

WikdChiSoxFan
05-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Not that this has to do with anything, but I'm originally from LA, so I guess this means something to me. The Dodgers tagged Willis for 4 in the 1st, so Jon has a fairly good chance to be the only 8-0 pitcher in the majors.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled Sox love. :D:

I'll send some love the Dodger's way...bye bye Willis...

what, you can't win against a team that's over .500....so sad Willis...
PHI, WAS, HOU, CIN, COL...come on...

seanpmurphy
05-17-2005, 09:57 PM
:twinslose

SluggersAway
05-17-2005, 09:59 PM
There is only so much you can say after a win and thus the low number of posts. YES, Garland was awesome, Marte and Hermanson brought us to the promised land. Thank you A-Row for bringing the first run in, and Iguchi for the RBI in the 5th, and Dye for keeping the 6th alive, and AJ for obvious reasons.

A loss is open to speculation about the reasons for it from sun spots to Konerko's suckage so you have a lot more reason to post.

I wouldn't look too far into the low post count. Go Sox!

SoxWillWin
05-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Yes they do. I don't even come around the Clubhouse much when the Sox lose. Too many "sprinters" and not enough "marathoners" around these parts.

We are playing .700 baseball 25% into the season. Unreal.

I completely agree. The Dark side has a large influence when the sox lose.

Jerko
05-17-2005, 10:00 PM
The Twins lost to Toronto? One of those lowly teams that only the Sox play? Oh well, let me enjoy this win and blow off half day of work tomorrow for a matinee game.

delben91
05-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Ah victory. In the end, the win is all that matters. Well, the win and those crazy bananas...

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

Glorious. :cool:

billnahorodny
05-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Just got home from the game...fantastic!...garland 8-0!:bandance:

MRKARNO
05-17-2005, 10:03 PM
-Seriously, either Scott Podsednik's on a nice hot streak or we acquired one of the top 3 leadoff men in baseball for Carlos Lee this offseason. I'm really hoping the latter. He's on pace for 100 stolen bases and no one can complain about that, unless they're dillusional, especially considering the fact that he steals at a 83ish percent clip. Heck, even the FOBB would tell you to run wild if you could do it at about an 83 percent clip. And three of those were pickoffs and one of those three he ended up being safe.

No power? Who cares? I'll take the .285 average and .390 OBP with that kind of speed any day of the week.

-On that same note, the 1-2-3 of our order has been producing a fair amount lately. Podsednik-Iguchi-Rowand seems like it will work out pretty well in the short term until Frank comes back, unless you are one who thinks he should hit fourth.

-If Pierzynski keeps this up, he just might have to switch lineup spots with Pauly :D:

MRKARNO
05-17-2005, 10:04 PM
The Twins lost to Toronto? One of those lowly teams that only the Sox play? Oh well, let me enjoy this win and blow off half day of work tomorrow for a matinee game.

And Santana got destroyed with 7 ER in 5.1 (by his standards that is getting crushed). I'll take it!

SoxWillWin
05-17-2005, 10:04 PM
A loss is open to speculation about the reasons for it from sun spots to Konerko's suckage so you have a lot more reason to post.

Usually it's because they scored more runs than we did, no mysterious enchantments or anything like that......the fact is the negative ones like to promote thier favorite whipping boys contribution to the loss.....kind of like an "I told you this guy sucks" thing...... BLAH

whitesoxfan1986
05-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Yea go Jonny G! Can Anyone say CY YOUNG? I hope he has really found it and I am glad we kept him cause I wanted to dump Jon this winter. I said that he sucked and we needed to cut our losses with him. thanks for proving wrong,Jon. now keep it up the rest of your career! :D:

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

FarWestChicago
05-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Usually it's because they scored more runs than we did, no mysterious enchantments or anything like that......the fact is the negative ones like to promote thier favorite whipping boys contribution to the loss.....kind of like an "I told you this guy sucks" thing...... BLAHAnother very astute post. :thumbsup:

NorthlakeTom
The Twins lost to Toronto? One of those lowly teams that only the Sox play?

The Twins' "star" pitching staff gives up 10 runs. Go figure. And Schoeneweis pitches a scoreless inning of relief for Toronto. The stars are aligned properly tonight.

FarWestChicago
And Santana got destroyed with 7 ER in 5.1 (by his standards that is getting crushed). I'll take it!That's a pretty good ass handing for anybody. :redneck

seanpmurphy
Couldn't have asked for a better outing by the Sox. Good offense, Garland pitching. Hermanson had me a little nervous but oh well.

Always a good day when the Sox win.

Can't for this weekend when they play the Chicago Derrek Lee. Cubs? Who are they? I only see one person playing on that team...

Jerko
05-17-2005, 10:07 PM
There is only so much you can say after a win and thus the low number of posts. YES, Garland was awesome, Marte and Hermanson brought us to the promised land. Thank you A-Row for bringing the first run in, and Iguchi for the RBI in the 5th, and Dye for keeping the 6th alive, and AJ for obvious reasons.

True. After a loss we all say what we would have done differently, and there could be 100 different situations or opinions involved. After a win, we just say how great everyone is again even though we wanted them traded, benched or cut after the last loss. :bandance:

FarWestChicago
05-17-2005, 10:08 PM
After a win, we just say how great everyone is again even though we wanted them traded, benched or cut after the last loss. The best part is the guys who do that with absolutely no shame. :D:

Infallible
05-17-2005, 10:11 PM
-On that same note, the 1-2-3 of our order has been producing a fair amount lately. Podsednik-Iguchi-Rowand seems like it will work out pretty well in the short term until Frank comes back, unless you are one who thinks he should hit fourth.

-If Pierzynski keeps this up, he just might have to switch lineup spots with Pauly :D:

On yet another note : our 4-5-6 guys have been absolutely attrocious. These guys wouldn't even hack it in A ball with stats like this.

AJ should be moved immediately to PK's spot. PK's got a spot right here:

http://img.urinal.net/us_cellular/uc.med.jpg

gosox83
05-17-2005, 10:15 PM
:dtroll: JUST WHEN YOU THINK WE GOT PROBLEMS!!!!!

Imagine your ACE getting lit up for 7 ER in 5 1/3.

Marte looked like a man possessed tonight, I like what I saw. We need to win this series tomorrow and then head to the urinal on fire.

P.S. :pee cubs

MRKARNO
05-17-2005, 10:18 PM
That's a pretty good ass handing for anybody. :redneck

I'm trying to think when the last time he gave up that many ER in a start was....

Oh wait! I remember!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=240523109

17-7 last year against us when he gave up 7 ER in 3 IP!

Wait a second who was facing him? None other than Jon Garland!

7 ER in a game is actually a tie for the most he's given up in a game, but those three innings were the quickest he ever got the boot in a game in which he gave up that many.

CLR01
05-17-2005, 10:24 PM
We need to bring out the brooms tomorrow and then head to the urinal on fire.

Are we supposed to clean the park after the game?:dunno:

halfpricemonday
05-17-2005, 10:26 PM
We need to bring out the brooms tomorrow and then head to the urinal on fire.

Looking to do some tiding up around Sox Park? :D:

Seriously, let's save the brooms for the Cubs, considering we lost the first game of this series. :smile:

gosox3072
05-17-2005, 10:31 PM
WOOHOO SOX WIN!!!!!!
AND----my parents bought me sox cubs tix for the friday game at comiskey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hendu
05-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Wonderful pitching performance again by Garland against one of the better hitting teams. ARow, Scotty and AJ are on fire.

Also a wonderful thing to see Big Frank going 2-3 in his first day of rehab. Wow, I miss that guy...can't wait for his first game back at the Cell to give him a standing O.

Santana gets rocked. All in all, a pretty good day.

ChiSoxGirl
05-17-2005, 10:48 PM
I was at the game tonight and there were so many things I loved, starting with Garland continuing to be on his game. The 6th inning presented him with another Miguel Tejada-like situation and he came up with the big pitch to get out of it. I sensed the enormity of the at-bat and came to my feet, despite everyone else around me remaining in their seats.

"Polska" Pierzynski has been heating up at the plate, and Rowand carried his hitting streak to 11 games, both of these couldn't be here at a more perfect time with Konerko & Dye struggling so badly. I had thought Konerko was going to come out of it with that single, but then he proceeded to strikeout and foul out to the catcher. After his foul out, he slammed his bat on the fungo circle and went into the dugout to take his frustrations out on the helmet rack. I feel so bad for him. :whiner:

A couple notes on Bryan Dolgin's postgame show.... One of the many things I love about this team is a player's inability to take all the credit for something positive that occurred. A great example was when Pierzynski & Garland were addressing the media, and I believe it was LeVineLine who asked A.J. what felt better, his HR or calling the pitch to get Garland out of the jam in the 6th; he said it was the pitch he called for. Garland was asked if he's surprised he's 8-0 and he immediately credited his teammates for their offense & defense, and how they've aided him in getting off to the best start of his career.

And BTW- there was this girl who called into the postgame show who just gave us baseball-knowledgeable girls a bad name- she sounded so ditzy and I wasn't impressed at all.

On my way home to the northwest suburbs, I saw a Pace Bus with "Go Sox!" on the outside board, where the bus's number appears; I love it!

I'm just a Sox fan who's feelin' good right now, so I'm calling for the dancing produce! :bandance:

batmanZoSo
05-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Garland is just amazing. Every start he just proves more and more that he's for real. Reminds me of watching Loaiza in 2003, waiting for him to collapse, but he never did. And no, I am not comparing the two beyond that, because there's really no comparison--one's a former stud prospect, the other was a below average veteran who broke out.

I like his pitching style, too, it's condusive to a long career. Good control, quick at bats, lots of grounders. He's like a right handed Buehrle with better stuff, essentially. That should equate to a lot of wins, like Buehrle, but a more dominating ERA, which is what we're seeing right now. Both are near perfect (or in Garland's case, perfect) in the win/loss department, but there's almost a 1.5 difference in earned run average. He's got ace written all over him right now. Keep it up Jonny!

DumpJerry
05-17-2005, 10:55 PM
I was there tonight as well. Over in Section 148 we felt like we were target practice, dozens, I mean DOZENS of foul balls came flying our way.

Great to get back on track with the W. Great to see Pods on pace to get 100 stolen bases, Jon on track to be 32-0 (8 wins in the first 1/4 of the season times 4 =32!).

Great to see the Twinks lose. Could not care less about the Flubs this year, they are nobodies going nowhere....

Chisox003
Sox win, Franks return looms closer, and Johan gets rocked.....Good stuff :gulp:

beckett21

What, no complaining tonight? I might as well just log off now...*YAWN*...

Hopefully we lose tomorrow, so we all have something to whine about.

:booty:

Times like these are meant to be enjoyed. WOOOO-HOOOO!:supernana:

Garland 8-0....are you kidding me?!?!? :supernana:

Realist
05-17-2005, 10:57 PM

I don't know how to classify myself. If the Sox lose I can't read the paper the next day, and I won't watch the news, Comcast, BBTN or Sportscenter that nite. Very rarely will anybody see me on line at this site after a loss.

I take it personally when the Sox lose and I'm already too sad to read or hear anymore about it, but I'm still very hopeful they'll come back and take the next game.

Anyway, this is not the time or the place for such discussions. I apologize. Sox Win!:bandance:

Frankfan4life
05-17-2005, 10:57 PM
Great game Garland. This is for you. Go nana, go nana! :bandance:

GO SOX!!!! :supernana:

Jjav829
05-17-2005, 10:58 PM

Exactly! I've said this before, but losing creates more conversation. Losing also brings to light the problems that the team has. Everett sucked today. Neither Konerko nor Dye snapped out of their slumps. Crede's 1 for his last 20. But we won. Had we lost, these are topics that surely would have sparked some type of conversation. But wins tend to focus on the positive performances. I meant what are we going to discuss, what to do with Garland? Gee, should we keep pitching him every 5 days? Yeah, sure, sounds good to me. End of topic. Whereas if the topic is a struggling Konerko, there will be 30 posts on what should be done with him. Losing just creates more conversation.

NorthlakeTom
05-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Willis leaves game trailing 4-3.

Jon Garland. The majors' ONLY eight game winner!

FarWestChicago
05-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Exactly! I've said this before, but losing creates more conversation.Most of it complete and utter trash.

"I'm a genius because I predicted somebody would blow it!!"

Who cares? Get a job getting paid for your baseball knowledge and I might be impressed.

"So and so should be executed because he made an out. The rest of his career means nothing."

Yes, judging the entire marathon season by one game is always sound judgement.

It's not conversation. Most is just verbal masturbation.

cheeses_h_rice
05-17-2005, 11:10 PM
I don't know how to classify myself. If the Sox lose I can't read the paper the next day, and I won't watch the news, Comcast, BBTN or Sportscenter that nite. Very rarely will anybody see me on line at this site after a loss.

I can go either way, but lately I've become more immune to the losses, more zen, because there's no freaking way the Sox will play .700+ ball the rest of the year. But if I notice a particularly bad play or game by a player, I'll probably pipe in to say something.

My overall feeling about this season is that, in many ways, the team hasn't played very well, but we've executed offensively and defensively just enough to eek out wins. We could just as easily be a below .500 team, in which case I'd probably be in the postgame threads a lot more demanding more head-rolling and complaining about Dye, Konerko, etc.

beckett21
05-17-2005, 11:11 PM
Exactly! I've said this before, but losing creates more conversation. Losing also brings to light the problems that the team has. Everett sucked today. Neither Konerko nor Dye snapped out of their slumps. Crede's 1 for his last 20. But we won. Had we lost, these are topics that surely would have sparked some type of conversation. But wins tend to focus on the positive performances. I meant what are we going to discuss, what to do with Garland? Gee, should we keep pitching him every 5 days? Yeah, sure, sounds good to me. End of topic. Whereas if the topic is a struggling Konerko, there will be 30 posts on what should be done with him. Losing just creates more conversation.

True enough. Hard to argue with that logic.

However, it does get pretty annoying hearing the same complaints about cutting payroll, *cheap* replacements, not wanting to spend money, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum. Sure this team has some warts. No doubt about it. But they are 16 games above .500 on May 17th with the best record in MLB. In that context, any negative talk is going to sound pretty ridiculous. (and yes I admit Konerko and Dye suck...but the team is winning in spite of this fact.) :smile:

FarWestChicago
05-17-2005, 11:14 PM
True enough. Hard to argue with that logic.

However, it does get pretty annoying hearing the same complaints about cutting payroll, *cheap* replacements, not wanting to spend money, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum. Sure this team has some warts. No doubt about it. But they are 16 games above .500 on May 17th with the best record in MLB. In that context, any negative talk is going to sound pretty ridiculous. (and yes I admit Konerko and Dye suck...but the team is winning in spite of this fact.) :smile:Indeed, Jjav himself is one of the few guys who can put up great posts after a loss or victory, across numerous sports. :thumbsup:

Bisco Stu
05-17-2005, 11:20 PM
Garland (8-0), the first White Sox pitcher to win his first eight starts since John Whitehead in 1935,

VivaOzzie
05-17-2005, 11:22 PM
WOOHOO SOX WIN!!!!!!
AND----my parents bought me sox cubs tix for the friday game at comiskey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey man, I'd check your tix before you go to the game. You might not see too much baseball being played at Comiskey on Friday... But that is f ing sweet that you get to go!

Anyway, I was in for the weekend from MI and got to make it to the game tonight. Amazing to see our *crosses fingers* All-Star game starter pitch one hell of a game, and one hell of a sixth.

Oh and btw to all those who are still hating on Dye, he RIPPED 3 line drives tonight. Problem is, 2 of them were right at somebody. But he hit the ball hard and on a rope, and we need him out there for his D...so BACK OFF!!

Paulie is still pissing me off though. While watching the game I realized that everytime he comes up to the plate right above the batter's eye he gets to see a big .197!! Thats got to be GREAT for his confidence! Maybe we just leave that little screen blank for a while....just a thought.

And also, when Hermie walked in before the 9th, they had 'Pitcher Perfect' plastered on the long video board along the first base line of the upper deck. I was so pissed, I thought we were jinxed for sure! But Hermie battled out of it!! I still dont want that 'Pitcher Perfect' crap out there.

Anyway Garland is the SH************T!!!! GO SOX!!!:bandance:

Oh yeah, Garland reminds me of a young Maddux. Fields his position so well, and he has that little hop as the ball crosses the plate. Hopefully he can keep this up for the year, and more!

beckett21
05-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Indeed, Jjav himself is one of the few guys who can put up great posts after a loss or victory, across numerous sports. :thumbsup:

Agreed.

:cheers:

SluggersAway
05-17-2005, 11:23 PM
B21, none of those things were mentioned in this thread.

L'ouest do you not want people to post here? Your constant calling people out lately doesn't make much sense since this is ostensibly a forum for fans of the Chicago White Sox. If no one visited here and put forth their opinion it wouldn't be much fun. In fact there would be no point to it at all. I understand wanting intelligent commentary, but is the best way to attract and maintain fans badgering people over their opinion? (and this is obviously the point or else this would be a private password-protected club) I too get frustrated with some of the ridiculous comments, but is not the best way to handle it not to attack them, but to point out the error of their ways?

chisoxmike
05-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Nice job tonight by the children, AJ looks like he is finding his swing, and I'll take 1-4 nights from Konerko and Dye... FOR NOW. As long as they are hitting in every game they'll (hopefully) get the swings back, I dont think I can watch a "2003 Konerko" again, especially knowing Ozzie will keep him in the lineup with Gload out and Frank not going to play 1B when he gets back.

I'm glad to see Marte redeemeing himself, I woke up this morning still in shock from last night- I think it more had to do with I was at the game rather than just watching it on TV. Being there tends to hurt more.

TheOldRoman
05-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Im not ashamed to admit that after all my years, I still live and die with every pitch. I get upset (just a little) with every loss. I realize that no team has even won more than 116, but I hope unrealistically that the Sox will win every one of their games. Even when the Sox take three out of four, or come off a 20 game win streak like they will in three weeks I still hate losses. That being said, I need some place to talk about losses. After wins, I can be happy. I can watch the news, Sportscenter, and go out happy that night. After losses, I dont watch tv, and if I go out I usually think about the game the whole time. I come here to vent and talk to other angry sox fans. Its like sitting at a bar talking to other surly, bitter fans. I love it. After wins, I check the boards, but everything to say is already said. Garland was unbelievable, and last year that 6th inning would have turned into a 4 spot for the Rangers. Marte and Hermanson were great. Scotty is unbelievable, and Iguchi is the real deal. Rowand is heating up. I look forward to Voodoochile posting the so lead in bananas after every win.

My most important thing of the day was seeing Big Frank face live pitching for the first time in nearly ten months. Most importantly, he is in GREAT shape. Frank hasn't been this slim since the early 90s. He is in shape, he is focused, and he will prove to the morons at ESPN this year why he is a first ballot hall of famer.

chisoxmike
05-17-2005, 11:33 PM
Im not ashamed to admit that after all my years, I still live and die with every pitch. I get upset (just a little) with every loss. I realize that no team has even won more than 116, but I hope unrealistically that the Sox will win every one of their games. Even when the Sox take three out of four, or come off a 20 game win streak like they will in three weeks I still hate losses. That being said, I need some place to talk about losses. After wins, I can be happy. I can watch the news, Sportscenter, and go out happy that night. After losses, I dont watch tv, and if I go out I usually think about the game the whole time. I come here to vent and talk to other angry sox fans. Its like sitting at a bar talking to other surly, bitter fans. I love it. After wins, I check the boards, but everything to say is already said. Garland was unbelievable, and last year that 6th inning would have turned into a 4 spot for the Rangers. Marte and Hermanson were great. Scotty is unbelievable, and Iguchi is the real deal. Rowand is heating up. I look forward to Voodoochile posting the so lead in bananas after every win.

My most important thing of the day was seeing Big Frank face live pitching for the first time in nearly ten months. Most importantly, he is in GREAT shape. Frank hasn't been this slim since the early 90s. He is in shape, he is focused, and he will prove to the morons at ESPN this year why he is a first ballot hall of famer.

I fell ya, a win is great, it makes my day for the most part, a loss sticks with me for the rest of the day/night, its in the back of my head. Last night, although it wasn't the worst game by far, certainly pissed me off, I didnt say 5 words after we left, my friend said to me in the parking lot last night "You're beyond pissed arn't you?" She was right. It's funny how a win can solve yesterdays problems.

voodoochile
05-17-2005, 11:35 PM
. I look forward to Voodoochile posting the so lead in bananas after every win.

I'm just hoping I have to give it up eventually... I mean the database limit is 10 smilies/tags per post...:D:

beckett21
05-17-2005, 11:38 PM
B21, none of those things were mentioned in this thread.

L'ouest do you not want people to post here? Your constant calling people out lately doesn't make much sense since this is ostensibly a forum for fans of the Chicago White Sox. If no one visited here and put forth their opinion it wouldn't be much fun. In fact there would be no point to it at all. I understand wanting intelligent commentary, but is the best way to attract and maintain fans badgering people over their opinion? (and this is obviously the point or else this would be a private password-protected club) I too get frustrated with some of the ridiculous comments, but is not the best way to handle it not to attack them, but to point out the error of their ways?

No, because the team won tonight. But with all due respect, threads have been started on such topics recently. You don't have to dig very deeply to find them.

I have no problem with differing opinions. Some of the unabashed player and management bashing gets tiresome though, especially when we are talking about a team with the best record in baseball. Hey, I took as many cheap shots as anyone else at Billy Koch last year. Is there really all that much to be upset about this season? :?:

There is a faction of posters here that only seem to surface when things are going poorly. Sure it's their right, but it's the *I told you so* manner in which some of them like to get their point across which is grating. None of my business I guess, to each his own.

Enjoy the moment is all I'm saying.

Did I mention the White Sox currently have the best record in baseball?:?:

batmanZoSo
05-17-2005, 11:49 PM
Hey man, I'd check your tix before you go to the game. You might not see too much baseball being played at Comiskey on Friday...

Also, tickets are never printed on Club crackers and there is no MLB team called the Spungos. :D:

SluggersAway
05-17-2005, 11:59 PM
B21, I agree. no need to drudge up old, tired threads.

The Sox have the best record in baseball!! We just started a new winning streak!! Our 5th starter has the best record for a pitcher in baseball and is still undefeated!! A newly acquired reliever has a 0.00 ERA and 8 saves!! Another newly acquired hitter from Japan has a BA over .300!! One of our outfielders is on pace for 100 steals!! Our Polish catcher just hit his 6th home run!!

Did I forget anything?

Oh yea, the Sox have the best record in baseball!!

VivaOzzie
05-18-2005, 12:04 AM
Also, tickets are never printed on Club crackers and there is no MLB team called the Spungos. :D:

Well done...*****!! :rolling:

Thanks for the heads up!

SluggersAway
05-18-2005, 12:12 AM
And one other thing, we aren't doing so bad for posts given the win. The last 3 L's had 65, 52, and 141 posts respectively. That is an average of 86 posts per loss. This win has generated 92 posts so far. To call people out 19 minutes into it is a little premature.

VivaOzzie
05-18-2005, 12:17 AM
And one other thing, we aren't doing so bad for posts given the win. The last 3 L's had 65, 52, and 141 posts respectively. That is an average of 86 posts per loss. This win has generated 92 posts so far. To call people out 19 minutes into it is a little premature.

Yup...took me an hour to drive home from the game and jump on WSI.

Heres one more post for ya too! Almost a tomato..cant be pissed then!

EDIT: im leaving for white castle right now, if i dont see a tomato by the time i get back...youre all gonna get it!! Ollie Williams style:D:

voodoochile
05-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Yup...took me an hour to drive home from the game and jump on WSI.

Heres one more post for ya too! Almost a tomato..cant be pissed then!

Wasn't pissed before... just get tired of the "woe is me" attitude. Actually had a poster say in chat tonight "If they lose, I am going to say they never were good, just playing bad teams." This is with the team leading 3-2 and before JG struck out two guys with men on 2nd and 3rd and nobody out and then retired the side. The Sox were leading. The Sox were being reasonably productive offensively. The Sox still have the best record in baseball.

People need to stop freaking out every time they lose 3 in a row. Guess what. It's going to happen again this season. If the Sox go through the entire year never losing more than 3 in a row, they should walk away with first place.

What's the Sox Series record this season anyway? Go ahead, look it up... I'll check back in the morning...

FarWestChicago
05-18-2005, 12:23 AM
To call people out 19 minutes into it is a little premature.That is your opinion. Last I checked voodoochile works his butt off around here. No offense, but I think he has more say in how things are run than you.

PicktoCLick72
05-18-2005, 12:29 AM
Let's just stop bickering and realize Jon Garland is 8-0 and sefying everyone's expectations.

SluggersAway
05-18-2005, 12:30 AM
I know VDC does a ton here and I applaud him for it. I'm sure you, l'ouest do your fair share as well. I was only speaking of his comment in this post.

In other news, the Dodgers rock Florida 14-5 and Willis is 7-1. Garland has the top all to himself. Well played Mr. Garland, Sox fans around the world thank you!!

FarWestChicago
05-18-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm sure you, l'ouest do your fair share as well.First of all, the name is West. Second of all, you have no idea.

Nellie_Fox
05-18-2005, 12:54 AM
Yes. West does his "fair share." Pretty much like rich people pay their "fair share" of taxes here in Taxesota.

Realist
05-18-2005, 01:05 AM
one tomato, comin' up...

Palehose13
05-18-2005, 01:10 AM
-Seriously, either Scott Podsednik's on a nice hot streak or we acquired one of the top 3 leadoff men in baseball for Carlos Lee this offseason. I'm really hoping the latter. He's on pace for 100 stolen bases and no one can complain about that, unless they're dillusional, especially considering the fact that he steals at a 83ish percent clip. Heck, even the FOBB would tell you to run wild if you could do it at about an 83 percent clip. And three of those were pickoffs and one of those three he ended up being safe.
:D:

Scott Podesednik is an excellent ball player. I said that at the time of the acquisition, but I understand why people were skepitcal if you just looked at his stats. I have watched him the last 2 years here in Milwaukee, and the man knows how to play baseball. It is such a breath of fresh air.

That all being said, I missed the game tonight. I was able to hear the top of the eight, but that was it. Nice to come home to see a White Sox victory. Keep it up boys and show them that you are FOR REAL!

I have an idea for a sign, but I am going to wait til later in the season to bring it...what do you guys think about this:

Hey Mediots, Are we FOR REAL now?

Palehose13
05-18-2005, 01:18 AM
:tomatoaward

Did someone ask for this? :D:

VivaOzzie
05-18-2005, 01:29 AM
HELL YES! :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

Hey Mediots, Are we FOR REAL now?

And me likey...though dont know if theyd put a camera on it. But it would be hilarious to see at a game!

TomParrish79
05-18-2005, 03:16 AM
Another great game by JG, and a timely blast by A.J.

Now its time for Buehrle to go out tomorrow and get us the series win.

Bobbo35
05-18-2005, 06:43 AM

You are exactly right. Had we lost those would have been the main topics of discussion. They will come out of the slump because they feel added pressure to do well because the team is doing well. It isn't like they are not trying, it will come to them.

Imagine this, this team goes on a hot streak in the lumber department as well as a big frank back this team will be scary.

Dan H
05-18-2005, 06:45 AM
The biggest difference in Garland this year is his ability to pitch out of jams. Last year he would have laid that ball in there and the game would have been history. He's for real now and deserves an apology for all those who ripped a young pitcher who had not yet developed.

Jurr
05-18-2005, 07:16 AM

Hell, I'd hate to think what happens after an 11 game losing streak. Remember that last year? Wow. :tongue:

Jurr
05-18-2005, 07:18 AM
Garland's whole key to success this year is that changeup that rides in on right handed hitters. Period. He saw how much success Santana had last year once he learned how to command that change, and it's obviously been something he has worked hard at. He got Blaylock and Soriano on that change. Great stuff.

mccoydp
05-18-2005, 07:50 AM
What was up woth Dustin "Huggin" Hermanson? Kudos to the save, but he looked like he couldn't get a pitch in the strikezone for the longest time. He gave me a Shingo moment there for a while. I know he got three consecutive saves last week...maybe he was just giddy.

Damaso Marte looked good pitching last night...he just got chewed up the night before. That's what happens when you fall behind in the count...gotta work it out somehow.

Good time last night...I watched the whole thing. Great win, and congrats to Jon Garland!:bandance:

balke
05-18-2005, 08:53 AM
What was up woth Dustin "Huggin" Hermanson? Kudos to the save, but he looked like he couldn't get a pitch in the strikezone for the longest time. He gave me a Shingo moment there for a while. I know he got three consecutive saves last week...maybe he was just giddy.

Damaso Marte looked good pitching last night...he just got chewed up the night before. That's what happens when you fall behind in the count...gotta work it out somehow.

Good time last night...I watched the whole thing. Great win, and congrats to Jon Garland!:bandance:

I don't know if anyone started screaming at Hermanson or what last night, i haven't seen it. But if anyone has worries cause he got a little wild there, let me just say I watched Wagner pitch just before Hermanson last night. Wagner gave up the long ball late in the inning, and walked some trouble onto the base paths. He got out of his jam, and earned a save, but it wasn't an easy ride.

The Hermanson pickup still blows my mind. I thought this guy was a bum when Kenny picked him up for that salary. Now, he's probably the best reliever in the game. At some point in time he's going to blow a save, or give up a few runs. I just can't see him doing it at this point. He's been unbelievable.

mccoydp
05-18-2005, 08:56 AM
I don't know if anyone started screaming at Hermanson or what last night, i haven't seen it. But if anyone has worries cause he got a little wild there, let me just say I watched Wagner pitch just before Hermanson last night. Wagner gave up the long ball late in the inning, and walked some trouble onto the base paths. He got out of his jam, and earned a save, but it wasn't an easy ride.

The Hermanson pickup still blows my mind. I thought this guy was a bum when Kenny picked him up for that salary. Now, he's probably the best reliever in the game. At some point in time he's going to blow a save, or give up a few runs. I just can't see him doing it at this point. He's been unbelievable.

Agreed...you wouldn't think that Dustin would have been worth anything if you listened to what everyone else had to say before the start of the season. He has been a breath of fresh air; intensely focused and cares about winning. He's exactly what the Sox need.

Frater Perdurabo
05-18-2005, 09:18 AM
What also may explain the low initial post count for the Tuesday win was the fact that Garland worked a fast game. Because it wasn't on national TV, there probably were fewer viewers overall. Some folks don't get on to the computer until 9:30 or 10 (I caught the eighth and ninth innings of the Rangers' local telecast after getting home from class). Monday night's game, by comparison, was on ESPN and ended after 10 p.m. CDT. So, by the time it ended, lots of WSI members throughout the country were ready to pile on right away.

Me? I'm overjoyed! Let's get them today, too! Anyone who doesn't think Garland deserves to start the All Star game needs their head examined.

:bandance::supernana::bandance:

Baby Fisk
05-18-2005, 09:52 AM
When Hermanson got into a bit of trouble there, I loved it when Hawk started cheering him on from the booth:

:hawk
"Come on, buddy!"

And it worked. This runs counter to DJ's annoying tendency to try and forecast what will happen (always somehow causing the opposite to happen).

Hangar18
05-18-2005, 09:54 AM
*sniffles, tear running down cheek*
Looks like our young Jonny is all grown up now ....

Frater Perdurabo
05-18-2005, 10:01 AM
*sniffles, tear running down cheek*
Looks like our young Jonny is all grown up now ....

:rolling:

:Rocker: Rock on, Jon....

tstrike2000
05-18-2005, 10:10 AM
From espn.com:

With Garland clinging to a one-run lead and the heart of the Texas Rangers (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=tex) order at bat, catcher A.J. Pierzynski (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6109) went to the mound." I can't really say exactly what he said, but he told me I was being lazy," Garland said. "He said my arm was dragging through the zone and told me to pick it up. From that point on, I started throwing the ball the way I had been for the first five innings."

That's awesome. If AJ is responsible for helping Garland regain his composure during that 6th innning, he's earned his paycheck here in the first few months. Just one of the things this team has desparately needed for a long time and probably something Garland's needed the whole time he's been here.

daveeym
05-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Try reading this thread from start to finish and you'll see why so few post after a win. By the third page of "We RULE" it gets a bit dull. BTW, WAY TO GO JON, keep sticking it to the experts.

Baby Fisk
05-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Try reading this thread from start to finish and you'll see why so few post after a win. By the third page of "We RULE" it gets a bit dull. BTW, WAY TO GO JON, keep sticking it to the experts.

Is there nothing that White Sox fans won't criticize? JK. We rule. :cool:

NorthlakeTom
05-18-2005, 10:44 AM
The biggest difference in Garland this year is his ability to pitch out of jams. Last year he would have laid that ball in there and the game would have been history. He's for real now and deserves an apology for all those who ripped a young pitcher who had not yet developed.
I just listened to these idiots on MLB Radio slam Garland. They said he's pitching's version of Tito Martinez, and there's no way he'll keep it up. They said he'll have a good first half, start the ASG, and blow it in the second half. It must be nice to be psychic. They obviously haven't seen him pitch this year. They based their opinion on the fact Jon doesn't strike out a lot of batters. Excuse me? Since when was the SO stat the prime indicator of a pitcher's success? Kerry Wood struck out 20 in a game! He's headed for the HoF. Yeah, right.

daveeym
05-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Is there nothing that White Sox fans won't criticize? JK. We rule. :cool: Tell me about it. THE BEST post game win threads are on weekends after a big game when most are drunk and slap happy. That's when all the crazy nickname ideas come out and all the weird, weird thoughts and ideas come out. Those threads rule.

Paulwny
05-18-2005, 12:03 PM

I'll be one of the first to apologize, never in my wildest dreams would I have expected these types of pitching performances. That said, is it because he finally matured, AJ behind the plate, Cooper finally got into his head or all these factors ?

LVSoxFan
05-18-2005, 12:08 PM
I'd say all. Don't underestimate A.J.--it was his mound conference in the middle of that jam which Garland credits with making it happen last night.

Ozzie, too--I'd say Ozzie knows how to manage him.