PDA

View Full Version : Sox At Petco Field

michned
05-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Anyone out west planning on going to the games June 10-12 in San Diego? I just picked up a couple seats for the June 11 game, which will be my 7-year-old's first visit to a big league ballpark. He didn't want to go to a D'backs game because he wanted to see the Sox for his first big-league game (I've indoctrinated him pretty well...)
:D:

Has anyone been to Petco Field and how was the experience (watching the game, food, etc.)?

Ed

Centerfield33
05-17-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm going to all 3 games and it'll be my first time at Petco. Looking forward to it.
:supernana:

CubsfansareDRUNK
05-17-2005, 06:27 PM
i wanna go to petco park, it looks really sweet

PINWHEELS
05-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Will Be Flying out Sat. morning to attend the Sat. and Sun. Games! Looking forward to it. Should be a Great Series!:gulp:

soxjim
05-17-2005, 09:33 PM
I will be at the game on Friday and Saturday. Sitting in the upper tank on Friday and down the left field line in Saturday

kojak
05-17-2005, 11:49 PM
I won't make it. I'll still be too busy being pissed that the Sox don't come to Pac Bell Park this season (guess I gotta wait until 2008)

michned
05-18-2005, 12:04 AM
Found this review that talks about Petco Field pet peeves:

http://sandiego.about.com/od/uniquelysandiego/a/petco_peeves.htm

Hell, I'm not complaining - it's a weekend in San Diego! :bandance:

Ed

wsoxfan
05-18-2005, 12:47 AM
i'm gonna try and get a friend to make the drive with me from here in Arizona, hopefully someone'll be able to go. Petco seems nice as does San Diego...

Hangar18
05-18-2005, 08:33 AM
Will Be Flying out Sat. morning to attend the Sat. and Sun. Games! Looking forward to it. Should be a Great Series!:gulp:

I will be in SanDiego for this series also ........... See ya there Pinhead, heh heh

Chisox_cali
05-18-2005, 08:42 AM
I'll be there for all three, although I don't quite expect to remember much of it -- If all goes as planned :gulp:--

You'll have to show me pictures to prove that I was there.

Hangar, I'll see you there, and I'm bringing my crazy heavy metal along with me :bandance:

Hangar18
05-18-2005, 08:48 AM
I'll be there for all three, although I don't quite expect to remember much of it -- If all goes as planned :gulp:--

You'll have to show me pictures to prove that I was there.

Hangar, I'll see you there, and I'm bringing my crazy heavy metal along with me :bandance:

Right on .......Email me your number .... i'll get in touch when I land thursday .....

Chisox_cali
05-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Right on .......Email me your number .... i'll get in touch when I land thursday .....

My cell number is currently in limbo right now, but it should all be figured out by the time of the San Diego series. I'll have to remember to send it to you before then.

It's starting to look like there's gonna be a lot of Sox Pride in San Diego that weekend. I'm loving it. A friggin sea of black and silver....

bestkosher
05-18-2005, 10:05 AM
I was at petco last year, food was terrible, and seating arrangement is odd, as is ball park configuration. If you sit on the right field side the seats are actually facing the scoreboard and not homepalte.If you get to talking to one of the Padres fans you will see how like the Milwaukee Breweres they are.

shaunburnette
05-18-2005, 10:33 AM
I will be at the Saturday game. Coming down from SF. CANT WAIT!!

TDog
05-18-2005, 10:43 AM
i'm gonna try and get a friend to make the drive with me from here in Arizona, hopefully someone'll be able to go. Petco seems nice as does San Diego...

I used to live two miles from Interstate 8, almost equidistant between San Diego and Phoenix. I used to go to games in both cities, but in my day I had to have to drive all the way to Anaheim for White Sox baseball weekends. I am so envious

ozzman
05-18-2005, 10:50 AM
sludge, have an awesome time at the series. if the inlaws were still stationed at north island, I would be there for sure. You missed an awesome show last weekend :)

Chisox_cali
05-18-2005, 10:55 AM
sludge, have an awesome time at the series. if the inlaws were still stationed at north island, I would be there for sure. You missed an awesome show last weekend :)

I only get to see the Sox so many times a season. I always have fun.

I know, don't rub it in :whiner: Maybe MH will schedule a last second SoCal date.

AZChiSoxFan
05-18-2005, 11:09 AM
I can't make it for the series with the Padres, but I will be there in October for the series with the Angels.