PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the urinal Friday?

Fisk72
05-17-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm looking for a single ticket or a Sox-friendly bar in the neighborhood up north. Would there be any chance of a day-of-game ticket to be had? Will there be a few of you guys hanging out at any establishments?

Rocky Soprano
05-17-2005, 04:26 PM
I'll be there with my brother, we got single tickets but at least we get to go in.

batmanZoSo
05-17-2005, 04:35 PM
I'll be there in section 229 behind the 1st base dugout about halfway up. I got three off EBay for like 80 a piece. I'll have to search for a bar (if I can find one that is) and pound a few so I can relax and enjoy the game. I never drink at the Cell, not that I'm against doing it, but for this game I'll need to in a "good mood" in order to deal with the stress.

edit, actually they were under 70 a piece.

harwar
05-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Since my daughter had to go and marry a cub fan i'm compelled to go.

SaltyPretzel
05-17-2005, 05:13 PM
I bought 4 off Stubhub for Saturday in section 418, row 5 for $250, including all the surcharges. Not too bad for good seats. It was half as much as what the brokers are asking for.

WWE Champion
05-17-2005, 05:19 PM
I will be there. I will be the unruly one in the white White Sox t-shirt. I have no clue where I'm sitting.

Jjav829
05-17-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm sure Hangar will be there on get on TV again while arguing with Cubs fans.:smile:

batmanZoSo
05-17-2005, 06:00 PM
I haven't been to a game at Wrigley in over ten years, though I've passed in front of it a few times in the last year during non-game hours. What's the best way to get there from the south suburbs? I was thinking take 94 to Armitage, then take Ashland up to Waveland and make a right. This is how I get to my sister's house, only she lives at Ashland and Wrightwood, so Waveland is like a mile up.

Is this way going to be overcrowded with traffic or do any of you have tips on how to most conveniently get to this ****hole other than what I'm planning?

steff
05-17-2005, 06:03 PM
We'll be there Friday and Saturday.. on Friday with work folks so we likely wont be at any bars before.. but Saturday we'll be at Murphey's drinking vodka lemonades. :gulp:

batmanZoSo
05-17-2005, 11:41 PM
I know Contreras is going for us Friday, but who's going for the cubs? Prior pitched today, so he's not scheduled until Monday. Although they might tinker to get him in there somehow...either way, he won't be going Friday. The cubs site shows Rusch is going tomorrow, so it won't be him unfortunately. Is it Maddux?

NSSoxFan
05-17-2005, 11:42 PM
I'll be at the Urinal on Friday and Saturday. Ahh, I love the smell of feces in the morning!

Jjav829
05-17-2005, 11:42 PM
I know Contreras is going for us Friday, but who's going for the cubs? Prior pitched today, so he's not scheduled until Monday. Although they might tinker to get him in there somehow...either way, he won't be going Friday. The cubs site shows Rusch is going tomorrow, so it won't be him unfortunately. Is it Maddux?

It's the baby psycho (or the baby bull, as Flubs fans call him), Zambrano.

DrCrawdad
05-17-2005, 11:43 PM
I've got Friday off work, so if anyone has an extra ticket please let me know.

Thanks,

NSSoxFan
05-17-2005, 11:44 PM

I doubt the crybaby sees the mound this weekend against us.

batmanZoSo
05-17-2005, 11:55 PM

I'll take that, I think we can score a few runs off of him. I'm glad it's not Maddux. He's the kind of guy that can just turn it on because of the magnitude of the game. Contreras has to get the ball over the plate. If he does, I like our chances a lot. We shall, however, see...

soxfan43
05-18-2005, 12:03 AM
I'll be there in the upper deck friday, and the bleachers sunday. hoping to find a single ticket for saturday, it's gonna be a great weekend

Jjav829
05-18-2005, 12:04 AM
I'll take that, I think we can score a few runs off of him. I'm glad it's not Maddux. He's the kind of guy that can just turn it on because of the magnitude of the game. Contreras has to get the ball over the plate. If he does, I like our chances a lot. We shall, however, see...

Lucky for Contreras the Cubs don't walk. He doesn't even really have to get the ball over the plate. It's not like Patterson, Perez, and Barrett are models of patience at the plate. Just walk Derrek Lee everytime. He's the only one to fear in that lineup right now. Contreras (and Freddy and El Duque) can go right at the rest of that lineup.

popilius
05-18-2005, 12:04 AM
I'll be there with my Guillen jersey AND my game face on.

:mad:

batmanZoSo
05-18-2005, 12:14 AM
Lucky for Contreras the Cubs don't walk. He doesn't even really have to get the ball over the plate. It's not like Patterson, Perez, and Barrett are models of patience at the plate. Just walk Derrek Lee everytime. He's the only one to fear in that lineup right now. Contreras (and Freddy and El Duque) can go right at the rest of that lineup.

Actually it should be Garcia Friday. I checked our schedule and tonights score wasn't updated on it, so I basically counted an extra day. Garcia, Contreras, Hernandez.

Black Sox
05-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Yeah its Garcia on Friday.

chisoxfanatic
05-18-2005, 12:41 AM
I doubt the crybaby sees the mound this weekend against us.

Somehow I wish he would so that Podsednik can piss him off big time causing him to get ejected from the game...

WWE Champion
05-18-2005, 12:51 AM
Probable matchups:

Friday: Freddy Garcia vs. Carlos Zambrano
Saturday: Jose Contreras vs. Greg Maddux
Sunday: El Duque vs. Mark Prior

Dusty had an off day Monday and has an off day Thursday, so he'll be able to avoid using Leicester (haha!!!) in the series. You know he's going to throw his big boys out there to try to save face against the Sox. Since Maddux pitched Sunday, he could go Friday to give Zambrano another day to heal. But Zambrano was originally slated for Friday. I think with Prior pitching tonight that Dusty will have him pitch Sunday. Of course, the Sox don't have any kind of guessing game as to who will pitch, as our starting staff is solid and resides in the W column instead of on the DL.

chisoxfanatic
05-18-2005, 12:59 AM
The only ? I have as far as OUR starters would be Contreras. I have high confidence in both Garcia and Duque to get it done, especially considering the offense (or lack there of) they will be facing...This is not the Baltimore Orioles here.

Sargeant79
05-18-2005, 01:36 AM
I was thinking take 94 to Armitage, then take Ashland up to Waveland and make a right. This is how I get to my sister's house, only she lives at Ashland and Wrightwood, so Waveland is like a mile up.

Is this way going to be overcrowded with traffic or do any of you have tips on how to most conveniently get to this ****hole other than what I'm planning?

It's probably going to be overcrowded with traffic just because it's Friday afternoon in the city. Your idea is probably the best for minimizing the delays. Staying on Waveland and off Addison is a really good idea. You're probably going to have to shell out a good amount of cash for parking. Stay off of Clark Street and all the side streets when parking...they tow on game days up there.

sox7235
05-18-2005, 05:28 AM
I'll bet at the urinal for this first time since 1989 on Friday. I really don't remember much about that place. Time for Freddy to shine, being that it is a day game and all.

Wsoxmike59
05-18-2005, 06:51 AM
I'll be there on Friday with a couple of guys from work and a vendor who's taking us to the game. It'll be 3 Sox fans and 1 lone Cub fan. We got some nice box seats along the 3B line.

I think the Sox pitchers will do well pitching in the NL parks.

Bobbo35
05-18-2005, 07:17 AM
Is anyone going on Sunday? I will be there dressed to the tee in Sox wear. Have never been to Wrigley by choice (have had chances) so it should be interesting to see what this hole is like. Let me know if I have anyone to cheer with.

GO SOX

billnahorodny
05-18-2005, 10:30 AM
I'll be there Friday (section 215...row 1!) and sunday (somewhere in the upper deck) Plus since I live nearby...my White Sox flag will be flying outside my window all weekend to annoy my Cub fan neighbors! :dtroll:

SSN721
05-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Will be there for Fridays game, not sure where am sitting yet. I do beleive I will be hanging out at a friends condo before walking over to the game.

spiffie
05-18-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm going to subject myself to the Urinal for all three games of the series. I'm bringing groups of people on Friday and Saturday in the 200 level, and then on Sunday my friend and I are somewhere in the way upper corner of the place. I just hope leaving after Sunday's game doesn't feel like the Walk of Shame that was leaving on July 4 last year.

thepaulbowski
05-18-2005, 11:02 AM
I'll be there on Sunday, Section 19 row A. :o:

SSN721
05-18-2005, 11:07 AM
I'm going to subject myself to the Urinal for all three games of the series. I'm bringing groups of people on Friday and Saturday in the 200 level, and then on Sunday my friend and I are somewhere in the way upper corner of the place. I just hope leaving after Sunday's game doesn't feel like the Walk of Shame that was leaving on July 4 last year.

Ugh, brings back bad memories. At least I lived a couple blocks away, so it wasnt far to walk home and lock the doors and wish it was all a bad dream.

ChicagoHoosier
05-18-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm going Friday too with a group of people. I was thinking of getting there early to catch Sox BP. I did this last year because I was in the bleachers and it was a lot of fun having the players throwing balls up in the stands. Do you think I'd have a chance of catching a ball or getting one from a player if I'm NOT in the bleachers? Anyone else going early for BP?

kittle42
05-18-2005, 03:16 PM
I have never missed one game of this series live since it started counting. I will be in 208 Friday, and bleachers Sat and Sun.

gobears1987
05-18-2005, 05:07 PM
sorry, I have prom on Friday

skobabe8
05-18-2005, 05:36 PM

Truer words have never been spoken. I didnt think we were gonna make it out of there alive last year. For cub fans that dont care about beating the sox, they sure were pretty fired up.

But this year is about PAYBACK! I just won an auction on ebay. I'll be there Sunday. Bring it.

cwsfannick
05-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Better half and I will be there on Saturday. Section 228.