PDA

View Full Version : Love the look of new fundamentals

hawkjt
05-17-2005, 02:25 PM
area on TV. It gives the place more character. The brick gives it an old school look. I would not mind if they do a similar double deck over right field. It almost looks like a differant park on TV and it gets lots of camera shots with the action at 1st base and with Paulie foul shots to the left field corner.

skobabe8
05-17-2005, 02:31 PM
area on TV. It gives the place more character. The brick gives it an old school look. I would not mind if they do a similar double deck over right field. It almost looks like a differant park on TV and it gets lots of camera shots with the action at 1st base and with Paulie foul shots to the left field corner.

I love it too, but if you walk around up there it still seems only about 90% complete. I hope they address this sooner than later, and definately by the time school gets out when kids will be flocking up there. There still isnt any astroturf on the diamond, theres some of that fire-retardent stuff exposed on the beams, and a few other things here and there that need attention to detail.

skottyj242
05-17-2005, 02:40 PM
I think it's an eyesore and it's the main reason I am moving/not getting my season tickets next year. I sat out in left on Saturday and it was windy but that monstrosity made it a virtual tunnel and in my opinion much colder. That is my least favorite renovation of the last five (I think) phases.

batmanZoSo
05-17-2005, 02:54 PM
I think it's an eyesore and it's the main reason I am moving/not getting my season tickets next year. I sat out in left on Saturday and it was windy but that monstrosity made it a virtual tunnel and in my opinion much colder. That is my least favorite renovation of the last five (I think) phases.

I feel sorry for you.

skobabe8
05-17-2005, 03:14 PM

Moving sections or moving out of your house?! :o:

maurice
05-17-2005, 03:18 PM
It also blocks the view of the LF scoreboard for thousands of seats.

paciorek1983
05-17-2005, 03:39 PM
I feel sorry for you.

Yeah, me too:whiner:

paciorek1983
05-17-2005, 03:41 PM
I like it as well. But, it still needs a little work to me. I would like to see turf up there also. And I would like them to put the arch facade on it, just like the rendering, as well put arched windows behind it--that would look cool.

batmanZoSo
05-17-2005, 03:44 PM
It also blocks the view of the LF scoreboard for thousands of seats.

Just about every "good" park has sections with problems like this. You're either under an overhang and can't see fly balls or you're in the upper deck near the pole and can't see half the outfield. I'll take the trade off of a nicer park. Bring on the home run porch with all the poles, too, if it'll make the park nicer and they can take down both auxiliary scoreboards. I'm sure they could find a way to put out-of-town scores and lineups on the main board (try where the huge ads are).

paciorek1983
05-17-2005, 03:57 PM
. I'm sure they could find a way to put out-of-town scores and lineups on the main board (try where the huge ads are).

Yeah, no kidding. They should do that anyway. I think that ever since they put in the new videoscreen, the "scoreboard" looks too plain. If they still need ads, just attach them to the sides of the board.

Baby Fisk
05-17-2005, 04:05 PM
White Sox fans are so bitter it's hilarious. :rolling:

My 2 cents: Fundamentals looks great on TV. It creates a nice link between the UD and OF concourse.

Jjav829
05-17-2005, 04:45 PM
The fundamentals area is a great place. Makes me wish I was a little kid again. I think it looks fine and it's certainly a big draw to the kids. People need to stop bitching about this.

:thumbsup: on the fundamentals deck.

cubhater
05-17-2005, 09:28 PM
The Fundamentals area doesn't look as bad as the renditions put out before the season started, I thought it would overhang sections 157 &158 and give a goofy look to the park but the architects did a good job. Yeah, it obstructs the leftfield scoreboard for some fans, but I remember sitting in many sections at Old Comiskey where you couldn't even see the scoreboard or fireworks after a HR.

Also, the concourse under Fundamental gives fans more room to hang out during rain delays instead of being cramped on the main concourse or standing on the ramps. Doesn't hurt when you have a personal beer vendor by your side during delays either.:gulp: