PDA

View Full Version : ESPN "Expert" Steve Phillips at it AGAIN!

tlebar318
05-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Watching the Mike and Mike feed on ESPN this morning quite early and good old Steve was on and Mike Greenberg asked him about Ozzie's management style. Phillips was quite critical and said Ozzie operated without a filter from his brain to his mouth and that this would wear on the players and the GM at some point. He said he went through the same thing with Bobby Valentine in New York several years ago--God, I hate this guy! :angry:

cheeses_h_rice
05-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Bobby Valentine's personality was completely different than Ozzie's. Valentine always seemed a bit bizarre and socially awkward, whereas Ozzie's a recently retired ex-player with a very infectious gift for gab.

jackbrohamer
05-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Apparently he didn't bother reading of Ozzie's quotes, unlike Valentine he's very supportive of his players in front of the media. The current players, anyway.

Ol' No. 2
05-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Watching the Mike and Mike feed on ESPN this morning quite early and good old Steve was on and Mike Greenberg asked him about Ozzie's management style. Phillips was quite critical and said Ozzie operated without a filter from his brain to his mouth and that this would wear on the players and the GM at some point. He said he went through the same thing with Bobby Valentine in New York several years ago--God, I hate this guy! :angry:Unlike Phillips, who has a complete blockage between his brain and his mouth.

Tekijawa
05-17-2005, 02:34 PM
Unlike Phillips, who has a complete blockage between his brain and his mouth.

You can't block something that doesn't exist... Example: No one had to block a Bears Pass rusher last year.

Frater Perdurabo
05-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Unlike Phillips, who has a complete blockage between his brain and his mouth.

ZING!

34 Inch Stick
05-17-2005, 02:59 PM
You can't block something that doesn't exist... Example: No one had to block a Bears Pass rusher last year.

Tell that to Kurt Warner.

JB98
05-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Watching the Mike and Mike feed on ESPN this morning quite early and good old Steve was on and Mike Greenberg asked him about Ozzie's management style. Phillips was quite critical and said Ozzie operated without a filter from his brain to his mouth and that this would wear on the players and the GM at some point. He said he went through the same thing with Bobby Valentine in New York several years ago--God, I hate this guy! :angry:

Until Phillips learns to correctly pronounce Buerhle's name, I don't care what he thinks.

WE DON'T CARE!!!!

bayzbol44
05-17-2005, 07:27 PM
How can he compare him to Bobby? Bobby never said "fung". He said "fun".

Stroker Ace
05-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Hmmm. IIRC, Bobby V. took the Amazins' to the World Series in 2000, and every Mets fan wanted Stevie banned from New York.