PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Loves Comiskey ... Esp Cub Fans!

Hangar18
05-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Last nite, I was in a pretty bad mood after that anemic loss.
Per usual, half-price nites bring out the Imbecile Cub Fans in force, and though
there werent as many fights as usual, there were a couple last nite. Best
part to note, was an Suv, full of cub fans, slowly making their way out of the parking lot, with one particular very inebriated and brazen cub fan saying sox suck etc etc ....... hanging out the window. He was getting called names
left and right and the cub fan was challenging people to come over to his suv
as it was slowly driving away. This guy was definitely looking for trouble,
taunting people, saying how bad the team was, calling Sox Fans names.
Definitely something that was bringing the bad out in SOX fans themselves.

I kept walking to my car and thought, how did things get this bad?
How did cub fans get so emboldened, that they travel to the Cell on a nitely
basis, just to talk trash? I dont understand this. I dont ever go out of my way to go to the Urinal on Addison. The park is terribly overrated by the Golics and Greenburgs of the world. This is the real reason you see
so many fights. Its cub fans pompously thinking theyre the best fans in theworld, and beating their chests with all the world series victories. Im sick of cub fans

Uncle_Patrick
05-17-2005, 10:44 AM
I was down in the Bullpen Sports Bar all night, so I missed most of the usual Cub "Pride" idiocy that happens on Monday nights. I truly don't understand the desire to come to a baseball game, dressed fully in the gear of a team who isn't even playing, and making an idiot of yourself. I won't blame all Cubs fans, since I know many who don't act like this, but, unfortunately for everyone, there is a segment of their population who act like bad "frat and sorority kids at a kegger" stereotypes. Cub fans are aware of this, too. I read a post a few weeks ago on the Cubs MLB board lamenting on how these types of fans were showing up at Cubs games across the country and giving "Cub Nation" a bad rep.

I see these types of idiots with their "Sox Sucks" chants and drunken, obnoxious behavior and it makes me mad. While I wish someone would come and pound the crap out of them, we all know what the headlines would be: "Sox Fan Violence."

I just hope Sox fans don't act like this at other ballparks.

FRANK FORT
05-17-2005, 10:46 AM
I too am sick of Cub fans. Why do they come to watch the Sox? I have no desire to go to Wrigley. I am looking for an actual response from one of the Cub fans that may troll this site. I thought Cub fans didn't care about the Sox? Honestly, why do you go?

Rocky Soprano
05-17-2005, 10:50 AM
There was dumb ass Cub fan walking toward Lot C last night showing off his "Sox Suck" T-shirt and saying how much the Sox sucked. I yelled over to him and said, remind me again, who has the best record in all of baseball and how are the Cubs doing so far? He said yeah but we didnt lose tonight. Some girl came out of nowhere and said thats cause the Cubs didnt play retard. The guy then said at least we didnt lose to Texas, they suck.

If the Sox suck and Texas suck, I wonder what the Cubs do?

I asked him about Zambrano if Baker was going to use some of his holy water and what about poor Wood(s). He didnt like that and he just kept chanting Sox Suck.

Why do retards like that come to our park?

Uncle_Patrick
05-17-2005, 10:54 AM
I too am sick of Cub fans. Why do they come to watch the Sox? I have no desire to go to Wrigley. I am looking for an actual response from one of the Cub fans that may troll this site. I thought Cub fans didn't care about the Sox? Honestly, why do you go?

You'd probably get a better response if you posted that on a Cubs board. There are plenty of Cubs lurkers here but I get the the sense, from some Cubs fans that I know and posts I've seen on Cubs websites, that it is believed that any Cubs fan who identifies himself on these boards as a Cubs fan knows his time here is short. And they are probably correct in that assumption.

Baby Fisk
05-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Why do retards like that come to our park?
You may have hit on the right word there. There's a big difference between going to games that don't involve your favourite team as a fan of baseball and going to games that don't involve your favourite team just to be an obnoxious moron. Anyone who puts in that much time, money and energy just to go and agitate other people is, for lack of a more polite word, a retard.

Sox-on-TV44
05-17-2005, 11:11 AM
You may have hit on the right word there. There's a big difference between going to games that don't involve your favourite team as a fan of baseball and going to games that don't involve your favourite team just to be an obnoxious moron. Anyone who puts in that much time, money and energy just to go and agitate other people is, for lack of a more polite word, a retard.
Amen to that!

skobabe8
05-17-2005, 03:28 PM
I was there last night, and there was a good size fight in the bleachers. Can anyone who was there give a report? Odds are it was a cub fan.

gosox41
05-17-2005, 05:47 PM
how did things get this bad?
How did cub fans get so emboldened, that they travel to the Cell on a nitely
basis, just to talk trash? I dont understand this. I dont ever go out of my way to go to the Urinal on Addison. The park is terribly overrated by the Golics and Greenburgs of the world. This is the real reason you see
so many fights. Its cub fans pompously thinking theyre the best fans in theworld, and beating their chests with all the world series victories. Im sick of cub fans

It's because Cub fans aren't real baseball fans. They just happen to support a team that has a stadium and a lot of bars near where they live. If the Sox played there and the Cubs were at the Cell throught their histories, everything would be reversed.

Bob

Nellie_Fox
05-18-2005, 12:25 AM
I get the the sense, from some Cubs fans that I know and posts I've seen on Cubs websites, that it is believed that any Cubs fan who identifies himself on these boards as a Cubs fan knows his time here is short. And they are probably correct in that assumption.Absolutely untrue. Cubs fans who come here to intelligently discuss baseball have been welcome in the past, and I see no reason why they wouldn't be welcome now (whatever happened to Vic, anyway?) If they come here to troll and argue, yeah, they'll be history very quickly.

MrRoboto83
05-18-2005, 04:47 AM
anyone here that troll on the postgame show ranting about how crappy the Cell is?? I can't believe Brian didn't silence him better. Willsy would of just cut him off before he even got started!! :angry:

SoxBoy14
05-18-2005, 07:42 AM
As much as I hate the Flubs, their "true" fans don't act like that. These morons are the transplants from other towns and/or college types looking for trouble. If the Cell is such a rotten place to watch a game why do they keep forking over the money to the Sox? You might remind them of that next time. Finally, these idiots will be the first ones on the Sox bandwagon after we win the ALCS. They're just looking for a party and girls. In college, so was I.

santo=dorf
05-18-2005, 10:03 AM
anyone here that troll on the postgame show ranting about how crappy the Cell is?? I can't believe Brian didn't silence him better. Willsy would of just cut him off before he even got started!! :angry:
Yeah, both Bryan and I knew it was trouble once it was known that the caller was from Crown Point, IN. :rolleyes:

ChiSox14305635
05-18-2005, 12:00 PM
You know why I wouldn't mind the dope spewing his "Sox suck" garbage?

Because he paid for a ticket to watch a Sox game, to drink beer at the Cell, & to eat from the many different concessionaires. Thus, he has added revenue for this team, which can be contributed to acquiring difference makers in this successful season. His financial contribution will make this team better. Meanwhile, his same financial contribution 8 miles north makes Tribune shareholders richer. Who really has the better end of the deal?:D:

Nellie_Fox
05-18-2005, 11:24 PM
Because he paid for a ticket to watch a Sox game, to drink beer at the Cell, & to eat from the many different concessionaires. Thus, he has added revenue for this team, which can be contributed to acquiring difference makers in this successful season. His financial contribution will make this team better. Exactly why I have criticized some of you for going to Wrigley to "cheer against them." And you also contribute to those who use attendance counts to prove something (I'm not sure what) about the relative merits of the teams.

Optipessimism
05-21-2005, 05:23 AM
You know why I wouldn't mind the dope spewing his "Sox suck" garbage?

Because he paid for a ticket to watch a Sox game, to drink beer at the Cell, & to eat from the many different concessionaires. Thus, he has added revenue for this team, which can be contributed to acquiring difference makers in this successful season. His financial contribution will make this team better. Meanwhile, his same financial contribution 8 miles north makes Tribune shareholders richer. Who really has the better end of the deal?:D:

While I get what you are saying, I do not agree with you at all. That kind of logic makes it seem like the Sox are desperate for fans at the Cell. You don't need a bunch of losers at the game to draw revenue, just a couple of consecutive divison titles and an overall exciting brand of baseball.

To me, being a baseball fan is more about the game itself. It's about knowing the situations and appreciating them. It's about going to the park on a nice summer night and getting a couple beers and a hotdog. It's about having a good time and rooting for whichever team you choose. Of course I like to see my team win when I go to the ballpark, but even if they lose, I still have a generally good time. I never feel like I've been at work all day.

I think most honest fans would agree that going to the park is all about the experience. I don't care how much money some idiot spends towards the franchise I support if the sole purpose of coming to the park is to antagonize others. Let's say this person spends $150 on everything, but then goes on to annoy three perfectly behaved baseball fans and ruins the experience for their kids. Is the extra money worth it? I say no. These people should be kicked out.