PDA

View Full Version : Tough Stretch Coming Up

mikehuff
05-17-2005, 08:22 AM
The Sox better get their wins this week by getting these Garland and Buehrle games and wiping out the Cubs because the schedule gets a little tough after that. Another dreaded West coast trip starts on Monday with a 4 game set in Anaheim. Then we have 3 more in Texas and come home to play 3 more with Anaheim. I hope we build up wins this week because it'll be tough.

Minnesota's schedule at the same time will be Toronto, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Toronto, Cleveland.

DaveIsHere
05-17-2005, 08:26 AM

Minnesota's schedule at the same time will be Toronto, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Toronto, Cleveland.

Ouch, that hurts. I hope jon comes through tonight and gives us a little Kickstart to get going on this roadtrip. This is when the middle of the lineup needs to catch fire, the next 2 weeks

balke
05-17-2005, 08:29 AM
I say our tough stretch already started, but yes it doesn't get much easier from here on. This month is a big test for the Sox. I believe August is a tough month as well as far as teams played.

mikehuff
05-17-2005, 08:37 AM
I say our tough stretch already started
Yeah, I include Texas in that. We usually have tough ones with them. The good thing is that we have Garland and Buehrle going for the next two days and then the Cubs. If the Cubs play like the Cubs, then we have a chance to pick up 5 in a row before the tough stretch starts.

Chez
05-17-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm worried about the law of averages catching up with Garland. It bit El Duque in the butt last night. We need these next two against Texas. Facing Zambrano (if healthy), Prior and Maddux over the weekend will be a challenge. Cubs will probably be jacked.

Flight #24
05-17-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm worried about the law of averages catching up with Garland. It bit El Duque in the butt last night. We need these next two against Texas. Facing Zambrano (if healthy), Prior and Maddux over the weekend will be a challenge. Cubs will probably be jacked.

Duque's been letting a ton of guys on base. Not so with Jon. Unlikely that he's going to suddenly regress unless he goes back to walking guys.

NorthlakeTom
05-17-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm worried about the law of averages catching up with Garland.
Jon has been the most consistent starter by far. He had his bad outing in Toronto, and I don't expect another one this soon. He's walked only eight batters in 52.2 innings. I see no reason why he won't be on tonight.

Chez
05-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Jon has been the most consistent starter by far. He had his bad outing in Toronto, and I don't expect another one this soon. He's walked only eight batters in 52.2 innings. I see no reason why he won't be on tonight.

I hope you're right! But I'm a worrier by nature.

LVSoxFan
05-17-2005, 11:05 AM
I agree with the person who says the tough stretch already started. Texas obviously isn't fooling around, and say what you want the Cubs, even in years they suck those games are going to be high-intensity. And don't forget we just played Baltimore.

They'll want to win for their fans at Wrigley, so they aren't going to lay down. And then yes, the West Coast trip.

Tough? Yes. But do you want to know where we're really at right now? You will after this road trip. I look forward to it, and really: after all this, wherever we're standing will be a pretty naked look at how good we really are. At least right now.

Lip Man 1
05-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Ummm gang take a look at August.

Lip

alohafri
05-17-2005, 12:45 PM
I've had my doubts about this team since the season started, and the Baltimore series and now the start of theTexas series confirmed to me that this team needs more offense. With Pauly in a slump, it should be apparent that we can't continue to rely on pitching and defense to get us through a long season. It's frustrating to watch these guys hit into a double play over and over again and keep blowing chances to score runs. I hope KW is out there looking for some guys who can hit.

The Sox need to go into the Cub series on a winning note. If they don't take at least 2 of 3 of the Texas and Cub series, then they will lose a lot of the respect they have gotten lately. Everyone will say it was a fluke.

---Mrs. Aloha

rdwj
05-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Ummm gang take a look at August.

Doesn't get much worse than that! :o: :o:

Good thing September isn't too tough :cool: