PDA

View Full Version : Going to Anehiem

kingpin_rcs
05-16-2005, 07:10 PM
I am taking the family to Disneyland next week and not coincedentally the Sox will be playing 2.9 miles away against the angels. I plan on going to to Tuesday's game (by myself).

For those who live near there I have some questions.

Can I get a single walk-up ticket? I just want to get in - I don't really care where I sit.

Can I walk around the park or will I be confined to the area that my seat is in?

How are the fans? My guess is similar to Safeco.

I will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel, should I take a cab? Will I be able to get a cab after the game?

Will any other WSIers be going to that game?

Whitesox029
05-16-2005, 07:12 PM
I am taking the family to Disneyland next week and not coincedentally the Sox will be playing 2.9 miles away against the angels. I plan on going to to Tuesday's game (by myself).

Can I get a single walk-up ticket? I just want to get in - I don't really care where I sit.

Can I walk around the park or will I be confined to the area that my seat is in?

I will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel, should I take a cab? Will I be able to get a cab after the game?

If you call it Anaheim, Arte Moreno might sic his secret "We-Are-No-Longer-The-Anaheim-Angels" police force on you.

DannyCaterFan
05-17-2005, 11:53 AM
My wife and I went to see 2 games last September in Anaheim. The fans were great. I was wearing White Sox clothing, and many of the fans came up to me to ask if I was from Chicago. It is very family oriented there. Large crowds, tickets are hard to come by. I was relegated to the nose bleed upper deck seats.
The stadium is only 2 miles from your hotel (Harbor blvd.) and is either a short cab ride away or possibly the hotel will offer a shuttle. The food though is awful. Enjoy your trip!

Church Turtle
05-17-2005, 12:30 PM
I know a guy who posts on another board I post on. He lives there and has nothing positive to say about the park, or the Angels. Sounds like DannyCarterFan has more pertinent info, however. Have a great trip, and don't let Mickey boss you around.:D:

BaseballTonyght
05-17-2005, 12:43 PM
I've been to quite a few Angels games over the past several years, and of course, always when they play the Sox. I'll be at the Monday game, but not Tuesday unfortunately.

The stadium is great... clean, safe, family friendly, and of course the weather is usually in typical California form (perfect). I always sport my Big Frank black alternate and have never even had a comment thrown my way. Of course, it is Southern California, what are they going to do? Beat you with a credit card?

The tickets are hard to come by... I'm sure you can walk up, but I'd almost guarantee they're going to be in the nosebleeds - they pack in 35+ on a daily basis. Also, you do need to show your ticket in order to walk around on the club level. That's where I usually sit, so I'm not sure how it works around the other parts of the stadium. One note, the sun sets on the right side of the stadium between 1st base and the foul pole. It's a late game, so I would recommend sitting on the left side UD if you have a choice. It has been chilly out here lately so it might be nice to catch the last few rays before they set.

The beer is... well... beer... :D: Which is nice because the food isn't great, nothing special or unique about it. And yes, catching a cab shouldn't be a problem. Or you can probably arrange a shuttle with your hotel to save a couple bucks. All in all, it's a great place to take in a ball game.

Have fun, Go Sox!

batmanZoSo
05-17-2005, 12:54 PM

Go to the LA library and pick up a book of spells and try to end our curse on the West coast. I'll look for the cloud of incense smoke in the seats. :cool:

ewokpelts
05-17-2005, 01:13 PM
here's the link to various angels ticket specials....you may want to take the kids after all...some GREAT family specials(just like we have here in chicago!)

http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/ana/ticketing/ticket_specials.jsp

Gene

Centerfield33
05-17-2005, 01:37 PM
I'll be at all 4 games. IMO, the fans are great. There are alot of Sox supporters there every year because ARow grew up in the area and went to Cal State Fullerton. He always has a few hundred supporters, be it family and friends. I have a great time every year and wouldn't miss it for the world. You'll enjoy the Disneyland Hotel, Downtown Disney and the park. Alot to do in the area and you might want to take in Knotts Berry Farm if you have time. Have fun and I'll see ya at the ballpark!:bandance:

ewokpelts
05-17-2005, 04:23 PM
saw this on ebay.....you might like the price....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6532580188&rd=1
Gene