PDA

View Full Version : Any Bars in NYC where I can watch the SOX this weekend?

Hangar18
05-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Im going to miss the the big series this weekend, as I will be in NYC.
Any of our east-coast brothers know of a place in NY where I can watch the beloved? I will be staying in Midtown and Long Island area, ive never
been there, so directions help too. Thanks

infohawk
05-16-2005, 04:29 PM
I've never been to NYC, but ESPN Zone is always a safe bet to catch a multitude of games. Here is a link to the ESPN Zone in NYC.

http://espnzone.com/newyork/

Somebody else may have a better recommendation. Have a good time on your trip. I'll be heading to San Antonio during the last week in June and will also be looking for a place to catch the Sox. Unfortunately, there is no ESPN Zone in SA.

MUsoxfan
05-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Henry-

There's this place called Scruffy Duffy's in the Times Square area that's a fantastic sports bar (and has some great wings too). I believe it's on 8th Ave near either 46th or 47th street. I strongly suggest going there. While beer still isn't cheap, it's cheaper than other alternatives around that area.

Hangar18
05-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Henry-

There's this place called Scruffy Duffy's in the Times Square area that's a fantastic sports bar (and has some great wings too). I believe it's on 8th Ave near either 46th or 47th street. I strongly suggest going there. While beer still isn't cheap, it's cheaper than other alternatives around that area.

Do they have a lot of TV's in there? The Yankees vs Mets will be happening too from what I understand, so Im sure im going to have a lot of competition for the TV. If they dont, I think im going to have to do the Eastcoast Sports Propaganda Networks bar/restaurant in Times Square. Any other SOX fans in the NYC want to hook up and watch the Saturday game?

Kogs35
05-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Do they have a lot of TV's in there? The Yankees vs Mets will be happening too from what I understand, so Im sure im going to have a lot of competition for the TV. If they dont, I think im going to have to do the Eastcoast Sports Propaganda Networks bar/restaurant in Times Square. Any other SOX fans in the NYC want to hook up and watch the Saturday game?

its spose to rain over the weekend so if the yankee/met game is rained out they will show the sox game all over the city in bars and stuff on saturday afternoon

Hangar18
05-17-2005, 11:42 AM
its spose to rain over the weekend so if the yankee/met game is rained out they will show the sox game all over the city in bars and stuff on saturday afternoon

It was mentioned that the SOX game would be Blacked Out in New York
on Saturday ...... is that true?

Kogs35
05-17-2005, 03:15 PM
It was mentioned that the SOX game would be Blacked Out in New York
on Saturday ...... is that true?

most prob.

Hangar18
05-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Well, looks like I'll be watching the SOX at ESPN Zone on Saturday

Kogs35
05-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Well, looks like I'll be watching the SOX at ESPN Zone on Saturday

either that or mlb.tv maybe?

Fenway
05-17-2005, 06:20 PM
be warned FOX scrambles everything on the bird and the only clean feed is what they call FOX NET which will carry Mutts/Skunks

This drives every sportsbar in the country nuts when Fox does a game.