PDA

View Full Version : Sox Flag Just Raised Downtown

skottyj242
05-16-2005, 02:30 PM
For anyone that cares, I work downtown and outside in the courtyard of the Chicago Board Options Exchange on one of the flagpoles they just replaced an Illinois flag with a brand new Sox flag, they then put up a brand new American flag and I didn't stay around to see what they're doing on the third pole but for the time being we're up there alone. If anyone's in the south Loop it's the corner of Congresss and Financial.

Charno
05-16-2005, 02:38 PM
At the Trump Tower construction site, one of the cranes has a Sox logo on it. Maybe the Donald is going to buy the team!

skobabe8
05-16-2005, 02:52 PM
At the Trump Tower construction site, one of the cranes has a Sox logo on it. Maybe the Donald is going to buy the team!

that would be awesome

Brian26
05-16-2005, 02:57 PM
that would be awesome

Not as awesome as a Sox flag flying on the crane over the demolition of the dump at Clark & Addison in about 10 years. I can't wait for the inevitable move to Schaumburg. What a glorious day that will be.

TheOldRoman
05-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Not as awesome as a Sox flag flying on the crane over the demolition of the dump at Clark & Addison in about 10 years. I can't wait for the inevitable move to Schaumburg. What a glorious day that will be.
It will be glorious when they finally tear that piece of crap down (or wait for it to fall apart). I would say piss on the rubble to desecrate the remains, but there will likely be a long line of Cubs fans waiting to piss on it as a fitting tribute.:wink:

Daver
05-16-2005, 03:17 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/wrigley3.jpg

MUsoxfan
05-16-2005, 03:20 PM
For anyone that cares, I work downtown and outside in the courtyard of the Chicago Board Options Exchange on one of the flagpoles they just replaced an Illinois flag with a brand new Sox flag, they then put up a brand new American flag and I didn't stay around to see what they're doing on the third pole but for the time being we're up there alone. If anyone's in the south Loop it's the corner of Congresss and Financial.

If there's anyway you can get a picture of that up on the site, it would really be appreciated:smile:

nebraskasox
05-16-2005, 03:35 PM

Who said Chicago wasn't a Sox town?

mikehuff
05-16-2005, 03:43 PM
I can't wait for the inevitable move to Schaumburg. What a glorious day that will be.

Yeah, you've gotta think about that. There won't be a place to build a stadium on the Northside and the won't be building on top of the same site because it's not big enough. They'll be fighting the Flyers for fans in Schaumburg.

santo=dorf
05-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Who said Chicago wasn't a Sox town?

:reinsy did

Church Turtle
05-16-2005, 03:49 PM
No matter what you think of JR, Trump owning the team would be a nightmare. IMHO.

Goose
05-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Yeah, you've gotta think about that. There won't be a place to build a stadium on the Northside and the won't be building on top of the same site because it's not big enough. They'll be fighting the Flyers for fans in Schaumburg.

Am I missing some big news? What is this talk about the chubs moving from the Urinal?

PS...what is the ETA on that picture?

CHIsoxNation
05-16-2005, 04:09 PM

I just took a look and the third pole is the state flag. So there is the American Flag, Illinois Flag, and the WHITE SOX flag. It's not windy at all, but once the wind picks up that will make a great picture.

Brian26
05-16-2005, 04:11 PM
Am I missing some big news? What is this talk about the chubs moving from the Urinal?

No official news. Just the inevitable fact that at some point soon, serious issues will need to be addressed. Nobody at Tribune Tower cares to look in the mirror, and the fans are milking every last drop of it like there's no tomorrow. Within the next decade, some important decisions will need to be made, and ultimately the inevitable will occur. Baby Blue will be playing in Schamburg. That eyesore dump isn't going to last much longer. Drive by it someday. It's a miracle it has lasted this long.

Brian26
05-16-2005, 04:11 PM
I just took a look and the third pole is the state flag. So there is the American Flag, Illinois Flag, and the WHITE SOX flag. It's not windy at all, but once the wind picks up that will make a great picture.

I'd say the Sox flag should be #2 on the pole, but it's still a nice thought. :D:

Goose
05-16-2005, 05:06 PM
No official news. Just the inevitable fact that at some point soon, serious issues will need to be addressed. Nobody at Tribune Tower cares to look in the mirror, and the fans are milking every last drop of it like there's no tomorrow. Within the next decade, some important decisions will need to be made, and ultimately the inevitable will occur. Baby Blue will be playing in Schamburg. That eyesore dump isn't going to last much longer. Drive by it someday. It's a miracle it has lasted this long.

I just can't imagine that EVER happening. The Trib would make the biggest mistake imaginable to ever move from that location. Wrigley is their bread and butter and even if it meant moving the Cubs to play at Soldier Field for a season while they did renovations to the Dump, that is what they would do. After all, aren't they making additions to the park in the very near future? Don't see it happening...

mantis1212
05-16-2005, 05:10 PM
I just can't imagine that EVER happening. The Trib would make the biggest mistake imaginable to ever move from that location. Wrigley is their bread and butter and even if it meant moving the Cubs to play at Soldier Field for a season while they did renovations to the Dump, that is what they would do. After all, aren't they making additions to the park in the very near future? Don't see it happening...

That's what I think- there's no way they's ever move to Schaumburg. If/when it gets to the point of Wrigley being unplayable, they could just do what the Bears did- play somewhere else for a year while the stadium gets re-built.

Infallible
05-16-2005, 05:16 PM
That's what I think- there's no way they's ever move to Schaumburg. If/when it gets to the point of Wrigley being unplayable, they could just do what the Bears did- play somewhere else for a year while the stadium gets re-built.

yeah they'll play where the Flyers do currently.........In Schaumburg:D:

CLR01
05-16-2005, 05:35 PM
yeah they'll play where the Flyers do currently.........In Schaumburg:D:

We don't want them. Let them go play in Oswego.