PDA

View Full Version : lower deck enforced this year?

mike squires
05-16-2005, 09:29 AM
Hey, are the Sox enforcing the lower deck policy this year...Having an upper deck ticket and not being allowed onto the lower deck?. Thanks

Ditka311
05-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Hey, are the Sox enforcing the lower deck policy this year...Having an upper deck ticket and not being allowed onto the lower deck?. Thanks

The only time I had a 500 level ticket was this past weekend and I didnt bother to try. When I went to the other 4 games this year, however, I had 100 level tickets and they checked the stub each time.

Sad
05-16-2005, 09:56 AM
yes- they've checked me every time I enter the 100 level...

crazyozzie02
05-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Same here

daveeym
05-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Same here If you really want to get down there if you ever print off a ticket from tickemaster that's lower lvl, print a couple copies and just flash it later in the game or season to get to the lower lvl.

downstairs
05-16-2005, 10:14 AM
If you really want to get down there if you ever print off a ticket from tickemaster that's lower lvl, print a couple copies and just flash it later in the game or season to get to the lower lvl.

Or just buy the damn lower deck ticket in the first place. :cool:

daveeym
05-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Or just buy the damn lower deck ticket in the first place. :cool: Hey I do.:D: Some though can't afford em or get em after they've sold out the lower deck.

elrod
05-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Related question: If you have a lower level ticket in the Lower Reserve area, can you sneak over to the area behind the plate later in the game, if nobody's there?

LVSoxFan
05-16-2005, 10:41 AM
I think you just answered your own question; if nobody's there. Unless you're talking about the Scout seating area--I doubt you'll sneak in there.

Yes, they do check for upper/lower when you come up and down.

DannyCaterFan
05-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Season ticket holders that have tickets in the upper deck, as I do in section 531, are allowed to go down to the main level at any time. You have to be a season ticket holder with that type of photo ticket. I do it almost every game, particularly before the game before going to my seat, but also later if there is a small crowd. We can usually settle into a nice lower level seat by mid-game if we want.

I want Mags back
05-16-2005, 04:17 PM
They even check when u get back back down from FUNdamentals. My mom had my brothers tik, back at our seats, I thought they werent gonna let him back in

Iwritecode
05-16-2005, 04:42 PM
They even check when u get back back down from FUNdamentals. My mom had my brothers tik, back at our seats, I thought they werent gonna let him back in

You can't be serious... :o:

They won't let people from the 500 level down to the 100 level but if somebody does manage to slip by and goes to check out the Fundamentals they'll get sent right back up to the upperdeck?

Sure sounds we have some real geniuses working at Sox Park...

BTW, there's a growing thread in the ****house about this subject.

Ol' No. 2
05-16-2005, 04:49 PM
You can't be serious... :o:

They won't let people from the 500 level down to the 100 level but if somebody does manage to slip by and goes to check out the Fundamentals they'll get sent right back up to the upperdeck?

Sure sounds we have some real geniuses working at Sox Park...

BTW, there's a growing thread in the ****house about this subject.No. I believe everyone has access to the Fundamentals area. But you can't go there with a UD ticket and then try to slip by to the LD. They check tickets on people coming down to make sure they have LD tickets.

Iwritecode
05-16-2005, 05:27 PM
No. I believe everyone has access to the Fundamentals area. But you can't go there with a UD ticket and then try to slip by to the LD. They check tickets on people coming down to make sure they have LD tickets.

Now I've been corrected in two threads. :redface:

Guess I should have went over there on Sunday...

C-Dawg
05-16-2005, 09:12 PM
If you really want to get down there if you ever print off a ticket from tickemaster that's lower lvl, print a couple copies and just flash it later in the game or season to get to the lower lvl.

I've considered that. Since I know that they're just looking for a "100" number on my ticket I just flash it at them and say "114" or wherever I'm sitting and they just say thank you enjoy the game. They never seem to look close enough to check the date but I could be wrong. It has occurred to me I could get in with an old ticket but I'm probably too honest to try it.

jake27
05-16-2005, 09:15 PM
ive dont this once before... if im going w. one of my buddys, one of us buys an UDR ticket and then one buys a loswer deck ticket and uses ticketfast. print off two copies of the ticket fast and you can use that to get into the lower deck for both. you only save mabye 8ish dollars, but its better than nothing.

dcb33
05-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Related question: If you have a lower level ticket in the Lower Reserve area, can you sneak over to the area behind the plate later in the game, if nobody's there?

It depends on the ushers who patrol where you choose to sneak in and sit. Most of the time I never get asked to show my ticket, but every once in awhile I'll run into an usher that asks to see it. It's no big deal if you get caught, though, as they'll just tell you to go back to your seat. If that happens, I just go over a few sections and find a different seat.

CLR01
05-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Wooohooo, its the "I'm to cheap to buy the seat I want" thread. I was starting to worry I wouldn't see one this year.

:rolleyes:

PaleHoseGeorge
05-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Wooohooo, its the "I'm too cheap to buy the seat I want" thread. I was starting to worry I wouldn't see one this year.

I learned something new today. You can bribe the Sox Park ushers with nothing more than giving away your driver's license and buying them a Coke, or so I've been told... but also bring a loooooong line of ****, several hours worth... helps wear them down.

:wink:

CLR01
05-16-2005, 10:41 PM
I learned something new today. You can bribe the Sox Park ushers with nothing more than giving away your driver's license and buying them a Coke, or so I've been told... but also bring a loooooong line of ****, several hours worth... helps wear them down.

:wink:

THAT'S IT! Man and I was worried I would have to swipe my credit card through their....well you get the picture.