View Full Version : Latest Article on Big Frank
05-16-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm really impressed with Frank's attitude about this whole situation. He seems to have a much greater appreciation for just being back on the baseball diamond. I guess that's what being away for a year does to a veteran player. It's going to take time for Frank to start firing on all cyllinders, but I think he's going to have a great season once he gets back to Chicago.
05-16-2005, 09:19 AM
The "stars are aligned" for Frank to win AL Player of the Month honors in September.
1. Sox have 17 home games in September (Frank performs significantly better at home)
2. Frank will have had almost 3 months to get comfortable
3. All but three September games are against AL Central opponents - 3 of which have poor pitching
4. Frank September splits typically are among his best
5. The only non-Central games in September are at home against the Angels - Frank has a 1.400+ OPS against the Angels at the Cell since 2002.
Also, Frank will have the best 1-2 punch (Podsednik and Iguchi) of his career hitting ahead of him. (The only combo of 1-2 hitters arguably better is 1991's Raines and Ventura, which lasted one season, after which Ventura was moved to bat after Frank and the forgettable Steve Sax batted second. Raines never stole 70+ bases with the Sox. So far, Iguchi is better than Joey Cora.)
Opposing pitchers will be rattled with Pods laughing on third base. Frank's going to hit a lot of first inning two and three-run homers. He'll also pick up a lot of RBI via the sac fly.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.