PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Drillrods in Scout Seats

Viva Medias B's
05-16-2005, 06:53 AM
With the greater crowds we had over the weekend, did you notice that there were more morons sitting in the Scout Seats doing the cell phone thing? That annoys me to no end! I think people who do this should be ejected from the park!

Jurr
05-16-2005, 07:11 AM
Yeah..that could be the dumbest practice in the history of sports/tv. "Hey mom...look at me. I'm on TV. See? I'm not as worthless as you say I am!"

You shouldn't be yapping on a cell phone during a game, anyway. Well, unless you decided to bypass the birth of your kids to go to said game. Then, and only then, could I see someone yapping on the phone.

tschneid83
05-16-2005, 07:23 AM
I can't stand those people. #1 you paid for tickets, watch the game. #2 please dont wave, i am sure the people who you are talking to know what you look like so no need to wave like a goon. #3 stay home if you are going to act like a chub fan and be on your cell phone the whole time.

SaltyPretzel
05-16-2005, 07:31 AM
Maybe the Sox will get a cell phone jammer for the Scout Seating area. I'll email Brooks about this.

Chez
05-16-2005, 07:45 AM
Yeah..that could be the dumbest practice in the history of sports/tv. "Hey mom...look at me. I'm on TV. See? I'm not as worthless as you say I am!"

You shouldn't be yapping on a cell phone during a game, anyway. Well, unless you decided to bypass the birth of your kids to go to said game. Then, and only then, could I see someone yapping on the phone.

I couldn't agree more. It's ridiculous how many people jabber on their cell phones (talking about nothing) during the course of the game. I'm going to bring a sign with a big picture of a cell phone and a red circle/slash through it. "Hang up and watch the game." Look for it in Section 137.

Sad
05-16-2005, 07:49 AM
this is one of my pet peeves :angry: right up there with people who have no respect for others around them...

I get a chance to sit behind the SOX dugout (on the home plate side) a few times each year and have made comments to these idiots before... really annoying... seems like they'd have to realize how assenine they look.

Eddie Gaedel
05-16-2005, 09:41 AM
meh. sure, people look silly waving to the camera, but it's nothing to get bothered about. during the sunday game there were 2 kids waving through several innings. who cares? they were having fun. would you really want a 'no wave/cellphone' rule at a ballpark? it's not the opera for godsakes!

LVSoxFan
05-16-2005, 09:58 AM
People can talk all they want on their cellphones, but OMG that thing we're they're on the TV waving is truly the most annoying thing I've seen in decades.

They're either behind home plate or off to the side so they're in the background when they show the hitter at the plate, and you want to just ERASE these people.

You'd think one time would be enough, but yes, certain morons will sit there the whole game and do it.

tebman
05-16-2005, 11:50 AM
meh. sure, people look silly waving to the camera, but it's nothing to get bothered about. during the sunday game there were 2 kids waving through several innings. who cares? they were having fun. would you really want a 'no wave/cellphone' rule at a ballpark? it's not the opera for godsakes!
Maybe you're right. The Sox should have a Grinder Rule commercial about that, like the one they have about not throwing back homerun balls: "Grinder Rule Number 103: Don't talk on a cellphone during a game. The reason you're there is to see the game! Not to tell your girlfriend/boyfriend/cubicle-mate about how easy it was to park or how good the food is or how good the team is -- tell them to come to the game with you next time!"

woodenleg
05-16-2005, 05:54 PM
I can see how it would be a little bit distracting, but I also can't understand how people can hear the conversation during a game.

I usually go out to the concourse if I need to make a call. That's what it's for.

Nellie_Fox
05-16-2005, 11:17 PM
I usually go out to the concourse if I need to make a call. That's what it's for.Honestly, I've never found the "need" to make a phone call during a baseball game.

Sox of White
05-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Honestly, I've never found the "need" to make a phone call during a baseball game.

For real. A baseball game is not that long. And it is definitely more important than pretty much any cell phone call you can make. I personally am anti-cell phone in general. I do not have one and do not plan to get one, no matter how much people say I "need" one. The guy sitting next to me at the game today kept talking on his phone, and it was really annoying.

batmanZoSo
05-17-2005, 11:36 AM
I really want to there some day, hopefully this year and you bet I'm gonna make a few calls and wave to the camera. I wouldn't be annoying about it because I have respect for the game, but how could you not be excited when you're basically visible on TV for three hours straight? I would let a few people know, but not be distracting. It's not like I've never been on TV before (I used to play Jamie on Small Wonder in the 80s).

LongLiveFisk
05-17-2005, 11:56 AM
:threadrules:
And it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy overdue. Hang up and watch the damn game. No one gives a crap that you're there.

Jerko
05-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Cell phones in general annoy the crap out of me now. Yes, I do have one, but I only use it if I'm stranded somewhere and need a ride. I don't know why people are on them at 7:30 in the morning, or who they're even talking to (I don't need to talk to my friends at 7:30 am and work can wait until I get to work). Very few people have my cellphone number and the only time I use it at games is if I get separated from my ride home on days I don't bother driving myself.

Brian26
05-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Cell phones in general annoy the crap out of me now. Yes, I do have one, but I only use it if I'm stranded somewhere and need a ride. I don't know why people are on them at 7:30 in the morning, or who they're even talking to (I don't need to talk to my friends at 7:30 am and work can wait until I get to work). Very few people have my cellphone number and the only time I use it at games is if I get separated from my ride home on days I don't bother driving myself.

Agreed 100%.

It's usually women too. I was walking next to a trixie on the way to the train this morning at 7am, and she was involved in a coversation about life that shouldn't have been happening that early in the morning. Who in the heck could she have been talking to? It's like women have low self-esteem, so that need to justify their existence by being on their cell phone 24/7.

As for last night's game, I noticed 5 of the 8 people right behind home plate on their cell phones in the first inning.

Jerko
05-17-2005, 12:52 PM
As for last night's game, I noticed 5 of the 8 people right behind home plate on their cell phones in the first inning.

They're going to rename the Scout seats the CUB SCOUT seats if this keeps up. :angry:

The Racehorse
05-17-2005, 10:13 PM
As much as I hate fools waving at the camera behind home plate while on their cell phone, I hate people whipping their 20-ton SUV's around threatening to crush me in my PT Cruiser while they mindlessly talk on their cell phone a whole lot more.

And to stay on topic, my brother-in-law saw me on TV last Sunday at RFK but didn't blow-up my cell phone to tell me all about it. :cool:

DaleJRFan
05-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Maybe the Mayor can have this added to the new "No Cell Phones in Cars" law... "No Cell Phones at the Cell"

BainesHOF
05-19-2005, 02:00 AM
People's addiction to their cell phone is pathetic.

I don't have a cell phone. If someone wants to reach me, they know where to find me. The last place I want to be bothered is at a ballgame.

Chisox003
05-19-2005, 02:52 AM
Wow, do cell phones at the park annoy me!

It's not just the scout seats, but its the concourse, the food lines, and every other area around the park! It's out of control, and yes, extremely annoying...