PDA

View Full Version : A-Row on NBC 5

Viva Medias B's
05-15-2005, 10:30 PM
Aaron Rowand is going to be the on "Sports Sunday." He says:

- Outstanding chemistry this season.
- KW brought in good people, everyone has fun together.
- Says he's been hitting the ball hard consistently, hoping for luck in getting hits.
- Garland making less mistakes.
- Frank has been great in the clubhouse.
- Predicts no "problems" when Frank returns.
- Enjoys energy of Crosstown series.
- Has friends on Cubs.
- Common knowledge that we're outnumberd by Cub fans.
- Ozzie doesn't think too deeply in the clubhouse, says what's on his mind instead.
- Guys have a great time being around Ozzie.
- Ozzie not afraid to call someone out before the team.

shoota
05-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Aaron Rowand is going to be the on "Sports Sunday." He says:

- Has friends on Cubs.
I don't want to hear that. Did he say who his friends were?

oeo
05-15-2005, 11:28 PM

Oh, who cares? That means nothing at all, it isn't like he is going to play any less harder because he has friends over there. We all have friends that are Cub fans, he's not allowed to have friends that are Cubs?

Chisox003
05-15-2005, 11:31 PM

Are you serious?

What's the difference??

:rolleyes:

RedPinStripes
05-15-2005, 11:45 PM
I have friends who work for my company's competition. So what?

SluggersAway
05-16-2005, 12:11 AM
Just don't drive a Chrysler into a Ford plant.

shoota
05-16-2005, 01:55 AM
Oh, who cares? That means nothing at all, it isn't like he is going to play any less harder because he has friends over there. We all have friends that are Cub fans, he's not allowed to have friends that are Cubs?

I understand that and I have Cub fan friends too. It's just that I don't like to hear the complimentary cliches towards the Cubs, i.e., "They've got a really good team over there. They play hard, and can shut us down on any given day."

This is the one time when I want to hear blatant disrespectful, bulletin board-type material said about the Cubs. Call them hacks. Call them talentless. Question why this city would cheer for a perennial loser. List Wrigley Field's faults in great detail. Say that anything less than a sweep would be an embarrasing failure for such a magnificant, dominating franchise such as the White Sox.

I realize this response is about as likely to happen as LaTrine Hawkins recording back-to-back saves, but I still don't like the common, respectful responses when it's said about the Cubs.

Nellie_Fox
05-16-2005, 02:08 AM
...any less harder Oh, my. There is a painful combination of words.

ChicagoHoosier
05-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Just don't drive a Chrysler into a Ford plant.
Just don't wear a Cards hat to a Sox interview...

mantis1212
05-16-2005, 11:43 AM

Exactly- Frank is friends with Sammy, Ozzie is friends with Dusty, it doesn't matter...

tebman
05-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by oeo
...any less harder
Oh, my. There is a painful combination of words.

ESL? :redneck