PDA

View Full Version : Cubune Article of Popularity

sox230
05-15-2005, 08:24 PM
It is absolute bull that the Cubune could get away with writing an article saying the Cubs are more popular than the Sox. That is an obvious fact that doesn't need to be reported on and has no relevance to anything right now. All it does is make Cubs fans feel safe rooting for their team and it angers me how a newspaper could stoop down to the level of fans and make fun of the Sox attendance woes because they are winning. It is pathetic how they write this due to the fact that they are threatened by the sox winning. Anybody else read this article?:angry:

shoota
05-15-2005, 09:46 PM
It is absolute bull that the Cubune could get away with writing an article saying the Cubs are more popular than the Sox. That is an obvious fact that doesn't need to be reported on and has no relevance to anything right now. All it does is make Cubs fans feel safe rooting for their team and it angers me how a newspaper could stoop down to the level of fans and make fun of the Sox attendance woes because they are winning. It is pathetic how they write this due to the fact that they are threatened by the sox winning. Anybody else read this article?:angry:

You are correct. I saw the title of this article today and had some of the same thoughts you had. The biggest one being that attendance has no relevance on the play of either team.

This is how the Tribune and local media get away with saying their coverage is equal between the Cubs and Sox: The Sox have been getting first billing in the Sports section and a number of articles written about the team, BUT then they throw articles in like this that are completely NEGATIVE towards the FIRST PLACE Sox and COMPLIMENTARY towards the LOSING RECORD Cubs.

So while it's impossible for the Trib not to cover the best record in baseball Sox, they make sure the tone of many of those articles are negative.