1) No

2) None

3) Yes

Anything else? :redneck

SoxSpeed22
05-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Are you worried about this team?
What are your concerns?
Will Freddie Garcia recover?The only thing that will worry me is if we are in June and Konerko and Dye are still hitting .200, but other than that, gettin' the big hit may be another one. Nothin' to complain about pitching wise.

whitesoxwilkes
05-15-2005, 06:47 PM
1) As a whole, no.
2) Neal Cotts, Paul Konerko and Luis Vizcaino.
3) Freddy's gonna be fine.

veeter
05-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Worried about what? Not playing .750 ball? Splitting with a very good Oriole team? Every time the Sox lose one or two I look at tomorrow's pitching line and we throw a stopper out there. El Duque will keep us in the game and we'll probably win. The early pace that was set will not last. What I look at is the lead over second place. Five games is a very nice lead.

Viva Medias B's
05-15-2005, 06:50 PM
1) Not really concerned now. However, if we don't start hitting more, I will be.

2) See No. 1.

3) No worries about Freddy.

buehrle4cy05
05-15-2005, 06:51 PM
What are your concerns?
Will Freddie Garcia recover?

No.
Where to but Big Frank when he comes back.
Heck yeah.

Tannerfan
05-15-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm worried about my one concern, Ozzie's handling of pitchers.
Neil Cotts is not the guy to bring in with men on base in a close game, also three of our losses could have been wins (including Saturday night) if the starting pitcher is lifted after the 6th inning. Ozzie sticks with the starters to long sometimes and as the season wears on this could really bite us in the butt.

JUribe1989
05-15-2005, 07:04 PM
What are your concerns?
Will Freddie Garcia recover?

1. Not at all, El Duque will be the stopper tomorrow.
2. Cotts, Konerko, Vizcaino
3. Freddy will be back and better than ever

Vince
05-15-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm not worried about Konerko. Out of the regular lineup, only Iguchi and Podsednik have a higher on-base percentage than Paulie's .342, and even only hitting .200 he's still leading the team in RBIs and home runs. Just looking solely at batting average can be deceptive.

I think when Frank comes back you sit Dye (OBP of .240, gross), put Everett in right field and Frank as DH. I think the offensive boost would make up for the slight defensive hit (although honestly, I don't think Dye is exactly playing Gold Glove defense out there).

I do have concerns about our middle relief (Cotts and Vizcaino). I think around the all-star break they should bring McCarthy up and put him in the pen to help with that role. Seemed to work well when they brought up Buehrle the same way in 2000.

JB98
05-16-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm definitely concerned about the middle of our order. Look at Baltimore: They have Mora, Tejada, Palmeiro and Lopez hitting 3 through 6. We have Everett, Konerko, Rowand and Dye. Overall, we just don't match up with the Orioles or any of the other top teams around the league in those spots. I do think, though, that a healthy, productive Frank could change that. In all honesty, I think Frank could be the difference between us being just a good team and being a championship team. He changes the entire complexion of the lineup. His keen batting eye and ability to foul off pitches makes an opposing pitcher work. That will help us when we run up against a pitcher who is throwing the ball well, as Bedard was today.

I'm not worried about Freddy. He'll be fine. People are pissing and moaning about Cotts. He's the 11th man on our pitching staff. If the 11th man on our pitching staff is our biggest worry, we are truly blessed.

SluggersAway
05-16-2005, 12:25 AM
No, none, yes.

But, just to play devil's advocate, the way we are producing right now, why is it so imperative for Konerko and Dye to perform? I understand it theoretically, but can we hope for an even better record than the one we have right now?

MrRoboto83
05-16-2005, 04:14 AM
Once Frank comes back, I think Paulie will see more pitches to hit, I think Frank will be back in the 3 spot in the order, I think with Frank back, everyone will pitch this lineup differently, should be interesting

ondafarm
05-16-2005, 07:50 AM
No, I am not worried about splitting a four game series with a very good team.

The middle relief has not been stellar. When Frank returns, what will the outfield look like. Will Perez and Everett get enough at bats.

Freddie will be fine.

JB98
05-16-2005, 12:11 PM
No, none, yes.

But, just to play devil's advocate, the way we are producing right now, why is it so imperative for Konerko and Dye to perform? I understand it theoretically, but can we hope for an even better record than the one we have right now?

Look at our offensive statistics. They are very mediocre. Our pitching staff is absolutely carrying us. That isn't going to happen for a full 162 games. Guys will have bad outings, dead-arm periods, etc. When they do, the offense needs to pick them up, and Konerko and Dye will be essential to that cause. To this point, we haven't done a particularly good job of taking pressure off our pitching staff. Some of the one-run victories we have could have been blowouts if the middle of the order had capitalized on its RBI opportunities. Pitchers are throwing a lot of high-stress innings. So far, they've shut the door, and we've been winning. Will it continue? Maybe, but I'd prefer to see the offense pick it up and give our pitchers a little more margin for error.

balke
05-16-2005, 01:50 PM
I don't know why anyone would be worried about Garcia... he just faced an unbelievable lineup. Everyone is entitled to a few bad outings.

I'm not worried about this team. They are far exceeding expectations so far. I expected playoffs, so far we are on the way.

What I don't like that I see, is some underacheiving. I thought our outfield would be our strongsuit this season. Rowand's arm seems weaker than before. Dye's glove seems like it has a hole in it. Podsednik is good, can't say anything about him. I just don't see the overall range and ability that it seemed we would have coming into the season.

Our bats are also underacheiving. Many were afraid 2003 Konerko would come back... he just might have. Garcia underachieved for a game, and really I think it had more to do with the other team's lineup being due to crush someone.

The overachievers have carried this team. All the players we say suck on a regular basis, and the players that should suck... haven't. There's been a lot of great play from surprise players. I'm not worried at all about this team. I'm optimistic about Frank's return being positive. Garcia will dominate his next outing.

fquaye149
05-16-2005, 04:13 PM
no

middle of the order

Recover???:rolleyes:

PAPChiSox729
05-16-2005, 04:31 PM
1. No

2. When will Konerko starting hitting? I am hoping this won't be another 2003 for PK. He has provided the power, but the average is pretty low even for him. The same could be said for Rowand, but we've seen PK go through a whole season in a slump. I guess when Frank is back and Konerko is moved down, he may get different pitches to hit. I know he isn't the only one slumping but the reason I don't mention Jermaine is that if Dye continues his struggles, Everett will get to play a considerable amount of time out in RF. Paul on the other hand will probably be out there everyday no matter how he is hitting.

3. Yes. This is one thing I love about WSI. After a few bad starts, some make it sound as though Freddy is washed up. But when he goes and pitches a shutout, those same posters declare him the true ace of the staff. I'm not trying to offend any specific person, but WSI as a whole has a tendency to sensationalize. And I love it.

:bandance:

Dan H
05-17-2005, 09:45 AM
I always worry about this team. 45 years without a World Series and a 9 game losing post season losing streak at home will do that to you.

ja1022
05-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Recover???:rolleyes:

That's what I was wondering. Recover from what? Was he sick?

I guess this is the 57th time in his career he needs to recover.

SOXSINCE'70
05-17-2005, 05:55 PM
You can't play .750 ball the rest of the way.There will be lulls
and losing streaks.Just chill.But to answer your questions:

1.No

2.No

3.Not worried.Might be a dead arm period.
We'll see later on.