PDA

View Full Version : Idiot Cubs Fans

RKMeibalane
11-09-2001, 07:06 PM
Yesterday, a Cubs fan was telling me that he wished this contraction situation had taken place last year. I said, "The Cubs would've had the worst record, and we would have been able to get Vladimir Guerrero!"

This statement alone shows the true priorities of Cub fans. All they care about is having a good time getting drunk and pissing in the sinks at Wrigley. It's as if they are proud to be losers. This is the main reason why I hate the Cubs and their fans. They accept losing as if it's the greatest thing on the planet. Of course, as far as the Cubs are concerned, losing is about as good as it gets.

Vsahajpal
11-09-2001, 07:18 PM
what's wrong with that? You mean the Sox wouldn't love to have a chance to draft Guerrero? As it stands, the Cubs will get a shot at Brad Wilkeron, a far cry from Guerrero.

Losing sucks, trust me, I know more than anyone. But what's even worse is maintaining this never ending cycle of mediocrity that this dumbass franchise has found themselves tied to.

The Cubs finished ahead of the Brewers, but they both accomplished absolute dick. If a team isn't going to go young, which Don Failure refuses to do, than they better go out and win like Colangelo did. That'll never happen, because the Tribune blows.

In any case, I fail to see how wishing for Guerrero correlates to all Cub fans enjoying losing, which is flat wrong.

RKMeibalane
11-09-2001, 07:45 PM
...my point. I was saying that this fan was excited at the prospect of finishing with the worst record in baseball. Now, I can understand wanting someone like Guerrero on your roster, but I don't know that I'd want to suffer the embarrasment of finishing last year after year just to get my hands on a player whom I probably won't be able to afford to keep.

Daver
11-09-2001, 07:57 PM
This is all a moot point as there will be no expansion draft.

Show me where in the CBA is there a provision for a dispersal draft.

But then again what the hell do I know?

RKMeibalane
11-09-2001, 08:21 PM
I am speaking hypothetically when I refer to any sort of draft taking place. I was merely using the possibilty as a means to point out the stupidity of Cubs fans.

czalgosz
11-10-2001, 02:16 PM
Much to my chagrin, I think the Cubs will be really good in a couple years. If Corey Patterson is 1/4 as good as the Cubs' organization says he is, he'll be a force to contend with. Bobby Hill looks like the real deal, too, as does Choi. If the Cubs can keep Kerry Wood healthy, they just might win the NL central next year, and be even better the following year.

Right now, there are no dominant teams in the NL. I'd say about 2/3 of the teams in the NL will be playoff contenders next season, and if the Cubs make even one FA pickup or make a smart trade, they'll be right in it.

I hate to say it, but I think it's true. God, I don't want to hold my breath for next season for them to lose like I did this year...

Soxheads
11-10-2001, 02:18 PM
I am really doubting that.

danman31
11-10-2001, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Much to my chagrin, I think the Cubs will be really good in a couple years. If Corey Patterson is 1/4 as good as the Cubs' organization says he is, he'll be a force to contend with. Bobby Hill looks like the real deal, too, as does Choi. If the Cubs can keep Kerry Wood healthy, they just might win the NL central next year, and be even better the following year.

Right now, there are no dominant teams in the NL. I'd say about 2/3 of the teams in the NL will be playoff contenders next season, and if the Cubs make even one FA pickup or make a smart trade, they'll be right in it.

I hate to say it, but I think it's true. God, I don't want to hold my breath for next season for them to lose like I did this year...

They have to keep Rondell White, he will be gone I think. I hope. He is big for that team. With Sosa and McGriff he could be a solid #5. He may not stay healthy, but some White is better for the Flubs than no White. Also, I don't think they will win the NL Central. Not gonna happen.

Vsahajpal
11-10-2001, 07:47 PM
I think it's St. Louis division and league for the next year or two, if the Cubs don't sign CHP.

Gammons said they are looking at signing Mark Bell. Who the hell is Mark Bell? Isn't he a center/LW for the Blackhawks?

Dumb Failure refuses to play Patterson, because Michael Tucker is apparently Willie Mays. I dunno, Patterson is doing things down in Mexico, batting over .300 and 2nd in the league in hits. He strikes out a lot, but major league pitch recognition comes with major league AB's.

Hill's been real good at Mesa this year, leading the team in hits, walks, and OBP. He and Hummel started really strong, but Tim's tailed off recently. Of course, Hill missed half the season with a groin injury, so he's the fresher of the two.

Hopefully Hummel, Borchard, and Rauch begin at Charlotte next year and get an August/Sept. callup when rosters expand.

By the way, Sox pitching prospect Rob Purvis has just been assigned to Scottsdale of the AFL, and not Mesa. I don't know much about him, nor why he's not on Mesa.

Jerry_Manuel
11-10-2001, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Gammons said they are looking at signing Mark Bell. Who the hell is Mark Bell? Isn't he a center/LW for the Blackhawks?

Dumb Failure refuses to play Patterson, because Michael Tucker is apparently Willie Mays. I dunno, Patterson is doing things down in Mexico, batting over .300 and 2nd in the league in hits. He strikes out a lot, but major league pitch recognition comes with major league AB's.

Hill's been real good at Mesa this year, leading the team in hits, walks, and OBP. He and Hummel started really strong, but Tim's tailed off recently. Of course, Hill missed half the season with a groin injury, so he's the fresher of the two.

Yes Mark Bell plays for the Blackhawks, don't know what the hell Gammons is talking about. How much longer is Baylor's contract? If it's 2 or 3 more years do you think Hill or Patterson will be a starter? I don't know why he has this strong dislike for young players.

danman31
11-10-2001, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Yes Mark Bell plays for the Blackhawks, don't know what the hell Gammons is talking about.

Maybe he meant David Bell or something. Just a guess, I don't think anyone will ever truely understand the mind of Gammons.

FarWestChicago
11-10-2001, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I don't know why he has this strong dislike for young players. Maybe he's the Anti-Kermit...

Jerry_Manuel
11-10-2001, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Maybe he's the Anti-Kermit...

Are you talking about the anyone who is over 28 is bad rule?
Or was it 29? Ah who cares.

doublem23
11-10-2001, 09:27 PM

LMAO... FWC shoots and scores.

Vsahajpal
11-12-2001, 05:02 PM
Yes Mark Bell plays for the Blackhawks, don't know what the hell Gammons is talking about. How much longer is Baylor's contract? If it's 2 or 3 more years do you think Hill or Patterson will be a starter? I don't know why he has this strong dislike for young players.

I think Baylor has 2 years left, JM. Patterson should start in CF next season, Hill should be given a chance to play 2b, since he can play there right now. The guy's batted .300 at every level and plays great defense. I don't know why they wouldn't give him a chance. They'll probably sign Vizcaino and start Hill at Iowa. It sucks being a Cubs fan, most of the time.

Paulwny
11-12-2001, 05:09 PM

Then I guess he'd be Gonzo.

Jerry_Manuel
11-12-2001, 05:46 PM
I think Baylor has 2 years left, JM. Patterson should start in CF next season, Hill should be given a chance to play 2b, since he can play there right now.

Do you think Baylor will give him the job? I don't think he (Baylor) trusts the younger players and wants to play the vets all the time.

Vsahajpal
11-13-2001, 12:15 AM
You see, the 2001 World Series screwed things up. There's a false notion out there that veterans automatically make a team better. Baylor falls prey to this falsehood. Bobby Hill is better than Eric Young, so you'd think its Hill's job. Patterson is better than Tucker, yet the Cubs want to pick up his 2002 and 2003 options. Why? Shouldn't the batter player play? The only solution is to sack Baylor.

Jerry_Manuel
11-13-2001, 05:50 AM
You see, the 2001 World Series screwed things up. There's a false notion out there that veterans automatically make a team better.

Well the difference is the Diamnondbacks had good veterans like Johnson, Schilling, Gonzalez, Finley, Williams, Grace, and Bell. When you have good veterans you can make your team better. But on the other side of the coin if you have veterans who are old and on the downside of thier career it doesn't do the team much good.

Moses_Scurry
11-13-2001, 12:15 PM
If the Cardinals get Giambi like everyone on the radio was saying this morning, the cubs will need to set there sights on the wildcard the next few years.

FarWestChicago
11-13-2001, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Moses_Scurry
If the Cardinals get Giambi like everyone on the radio was saying this morning, the cubs will need to set there sights on the wildcard the next few years. Actually, if the Lumbering Ox doesn't sign with the A's, the Cards are perfect choice. It makes the A's weaker, it keeps him away from the Skanks and it beats the Flubs down. You can't do much better than that with one move.

Iwritecode
11-13-2001, 12:40 PM
It sucks being a Cubs fan, most of the time.

There's a quotable line if I ever saw one.

:)

Vsahajpal
11-14-2001, 12:42 AM
If they reached the wild card I'd be happy. Pitching wins, if they stay healthy, they'll have one of the better young rotations with Prior, Wood, Cruz, and Lieber. I'm holding out hope for Chan Ho Park, but the Cubs have always refused to think big.

But anyways, I hate the Cardinals, I don't think they'll sign Giambi; Jocketty says they want to lower payroll to 70 million, and though Mac's contract dump helps, they still have to sign Drew and Matt Morris longterm, like the A's did with Mulder and Hudson.

JM, you're right, they did have some good veterans on that club, but they'd be better off starting Durazo at 1b and Bautista in CF rather than Grace & Finley.

FarWestChicago
11-14-2001, 12:48 AM
You know Vic, if you keep being intelligent, you're going to give idiot Cub fans a bad name. :)

Vsahajpal
11-14-2001, 12:56 AM
You wanna know the truth, I hate a lot of "Cub fans," just as much as you guys. The worst fans are those idiots from Iowa who while grabbing the plyers to change channels, accidentally stumbled upon Les Lancaster and Jeff Pico on WGN. And then the organization had to exploit those people by moving the triple A club from Orlando to Des Moines. Then they pack up the '78 Ford pickup and make the "Pilgrimage" to Wrigley each year. To see what? When did losing become an event?

At least Larry Himes and Ed Flynch are gone. And Lee MacPhail's son has done alright so far.

But it's typically the same shi*, different year scenario with the Cubs.

FarWestChicago
11-14-2001, 01:21 AM
You wanna know the truth, I hate a lot of "Cub fans," just as much as you guys. The worst fans are those idiots from Iowa who while grabbing the plyers to change channels, accidentally stumbled upon Les Lancaster and Jeff Pico on WGN. And then the organization had to exploit those people by moving the triple A club from Orlando to Des Moines. Then they pack up the '78 Ford pickup and make the "Pilgrimage" to Wrigley each year. To see what? When did losing become an event?OK, !'m dying here. I can't stop laughing! You should have been a Sox fan with a wit like that. :)

Vsahajpal
11-14-2001, 05:45 PM
I don't root against the Sox, just the Cardinals, Astros, and Mariners.

My brother is a rabid Sox fan, neither of us really had bragging rights. What the hell is wrong with baseball in this town?

Daver
11-14-2001, 06:19 PM
I don't root against the Sox, just the Cardinals, Astros, and Mariners.

My brother is a rabid Sox fan, neither of us really had bragging rights. What the hell is wrong with baseball in this town?

The Tribune Co. and Jerry Reinsdorf,to name a couple things.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-14-2001, 06:48 PM
You know Vic, if you keep being intelligent, you're going to give idiot Cub fans a bad name.

This is so true. We really beat the odds to have Vic here. He might be the only intelligent Cubs fan anywhere on the internet!

Spiff
11-14-2001, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

This is so true. We really beat the odds to have Vic here. He might be the only intelligent Cubs fan anywhere on the internet!

I know a (somewhat) intelligent Cubs fan. At least, he's not a total moron but he does tend to say dumb things and he says he doesn't care if they lose, but he won't stop talking when they win.

So to answer you're question I have no idea.

Wait, you didn't ask a question.

::pounds forehead:: Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

PaleHoseGeorge
11-14-2001, 07:00 PM
Actually, if the Lumbering Ox doesn't sign with the A's, the Cards are perfect choice. It makes the A's weaker, it keeps him away from the Skanks and it beats the Flubs down. You can't do much better than that with one move.

Given the salary restrictions Satan has given KW, the Lumbering Ox in Saint Louis is about the best possible outcome for Sox Fans. He sure would have looked good wearing silver and black!

doublem23
11-14-2001, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Just another EXCLUSIVE from White Sox Interactive!

irish rover
11-16-2001, 02:52 PM
lololololo check this out Christmas Sale

http://thecubssuck.com/home.html