PDA

View Full Version : Dusty Does Zambrano In?

Viva Medias B's
05-14-2005, 09:54 PM
In his CG victory at Wrigley Field this past Sunday, Carlos Zambrano threw about 130 pitches IIRC. Now, after being lit up (per poor mechanics in the inning) during the fourth inning for four runs and two hit batsmen, Zambrano is yanked because of a problem in his arm. Gee, I wonder if Zambrano would be having these problems if Dusty Baker didn't overuse him Sunday. I bet Carlos joins Kerry Wood and Mark Prior on the Cubs' Arm Problems M*A*S*H Unit.

ilsox7
05-14-2005, 10:01 PM
In his CG victory at Wrigley Field this past Sunday, Carlos Zambrano threw about 130 pitches IIRC. Now, after being lit up (per poor mechanics in the inning) during the third inning for four runs and two hit batsmen, Zambrano is yanked because of a problem in his arm. Gee, I wonder if Zambrano would be having these problems if Dusty Baker didn't overuse him Sunday. I bet Carlos joins Kerry Wood and Mark Prior on the Cubs' Arm Problems M*A*S*H Unit.

It will be interesting to see what happens here. I have a feeling the Cubs may have just wanted him out of the game and had no one ready. The trainer came out and everything seemd fine. Then Dust Pan ran onto the field and Zambrano was out immediately.

I really hope the Cubs wouldn't pull that **** but I also hope the guy isn't hurt seriously.

Viva Medias B's
05-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Washington's fielding is the worst I've seen in a while. They threw yesterday's games away and are trying to do the same again tonight. I have not seen all of the Nationals' games, but I have a feeling that with solid defense D.C. would be right up there with Florida and Atlanta in the NL East.

shoota
05-14-2005, 10:07 PM
In his CG victory at Wrigley Field this past Sunday, Carlos Zambrano threw about 130 pitches IIRC. Now, after being lit up (per poor mechanics in the inning) during the third inning for four runs and two hit batsmen, Zambrano is yanked because of a problem in his arm. Gee, I wonder if Zambrano would be having these problems if Dusty Baker didn't overuse him Sunday. I bet Carlos joins Kerry Wood and Mark Prior on the Cubs' Arm Problems M*A*S*H Unit.

I turned on the game after the Sox's ended, and I saw saw what happened. My first reaction was that Dusty and Zambrano may have strategized before the game on a low pitch count to compensate for last start's 136-pitch abuse, so Zambrano will be at full strength for his very important next start: vs. the White Sox.

SOXintheBURGH
05-14-2005, 10:09 PM
I've seen a handful (thanks to their TV deal) and listened to a bunch of Gnats games since Opening Day.. its a lot worse than you think.. and infield of Manos, it is.

ilsox7
05-14-2005, 10:12 PM
I've seen a handful (thanks to their TV deal) and listened to a bunch of Gnats games since Opening Day.. its a lot worse than you think.. and infield of Manos, it is.

And they were stil labout 5 feet or so away from coming back to win in the bottom of the 9th last night against the Cub bullpen.

cheeses_h_rice
05-14-2005, 11:19 PM
Washington's fielding is the worst I've seen in a while. They threw yesterday's games away and are trying to do the same again tonight. I have not seen all of the Nationals' games, but I have a feeling that with solid defense D.C. would be right up there with Florida and Atlanta in the NL East.

Why do you watch so many Cubs games?

DumpJerry
05-15-2005, 09:11 AM
He probably does because it's the best comedy show on television since Monty Python.

soltrain21
05-15-2005, 09:31 AM

I watch the Cubs all the time, too. I also watch any game that is on ESPN. Hell, I watch the Braves on TBS.

samram
05-15-2005, 09:32 AM
It will be interesting to see what happens here. I have a feeling the Cubs may have just wanted him out of the game and had no one ready. The trainer came out and everything seemd fine. Then Dust Pan ran onto the field and Zambrano was out immediately.

I really hope the Cubs wouldn't pull that **** but I also hope the guy isn't hurt seriously.

Yeah, I don't want to see these guys get hurt either. I want the Cubs' pitchers to fail because they get hammered by opponents, not because Dusty ruins their arms and careers through stupid managing.

daveeym
05-15-2005, 09:32 AM
I turned on the game after the Sox's ended, and I saw saw what happened. My first reaction was that Dusty and Zambrano may have strategized before the game on a low pitch count to compensate for last start's 136-pitch abuse, so Zambrano will be at full strength for his very important next start: vs. the White Sox. If so Baker should be fired on the spot since that team needs to win some games and stop worrying about the sox. Oh wait the cubs don't worry about the sox.

MRKARNO
05-15-2005, 10:13 AM
The article in the Trib today said that there's a chance that Zambrano might miss his start against the White Sox, which would probably be good news, even though we did beat up on him last year.

ilsox7
05-15-2005, 02:46 PM
The article in the Trib today said that there's a chance that Zambrano might miss his start against the White Sox, which would probably be good news, even though we did beat up on him last year.

Well, if they throw some no name spot starter in there ,it may be good news. However, I'd like to face Zambrano now. The Nats beat up on him pretty good and I would love to shut him up.

ChiSoxRowand
05-15-2005, 06:34 PM
I watch the Cubs all the time, too. I also watch any game that is on ESPN. Hell, I watch the Braves on TBS.

Same here

Viva Medias B's
05-15-2005, 06:38 PM
I'm a baseball fan. I even watch college baseball games, on TV and in person.

shoota
05-15-2005, 11:37 PM
Gee, I wonder if Zambrano would be having these problems if Dusty Baker didn't overuse him Sunday.

Most recent update: http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050515&content_id=1050651&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

"It feels like I have concrete in my arm, it feels heavy."

Stroker Ace
05-16-2005, 12:00 AM
I'm a baseball fan. I even watch college baseball games, on TV and in person.So do I.

doublem23
05-16-2005, 12:03 AM

The team they're playing is my 2nd favorite in baseball. :tongue:

Mickster
05-16-2005, 09:18 AM

I watch whatever is on the tube as well. Recently, I puerchased the MLB extra innings package and tend to focus on a lot of Twinkie games, as well as Marlin games.

Baby Fisk
05-16-2005, 09:23 AM
I watch whatever is on the tube as well. Recently, I puerchased the MLB extra innings package and tend to focus on a lot of Twinkie games, as well as Marlin games.

That package is awesome. Nothing beats the velvet voice of Vin Scully during a late night Dodgers broadcast.

shoota
05-16-2005, 11:09 AM
In his CG victory at Wrigley Field this past Sunday, Carlos Zambrano threw about 130 pitches IIRC. Now, after being lit up (per poor mechanics in the inning) during the fourth inning for four runs and two hit batsmen, Zambrano is yanked because of a problem in his arm. Gee, I wonder if Zambrano would be having these problems if Dusty Baker didn't overuse him Sunday. I bet Carlos joins Kerry Wood and Mark Prior on the Cubs' Arm Problems M*A*S*H Unit.

Z GONE!

Somebody MUST bring that sign to Wrigley on Friday's game. It even works if Zambrano doesn't pitch, because he'd still be GONE! If he does pitch, hold it up when he strikes out, or when he's pulled from the game. :rolling:

Z GAWN!

shoota
05-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Z GONE!

Somebody MUST bring that sign to Wrigley on Friday's game. It even works if Zambrano doesn't pitch, because he'd still be GONE! If he does pitch, hold it up when he strikes out, or when he's pulled from the game. :rolling:

Z GAWN!

Better yet, somebody sell me an extra ticket so I can hold that sign up all day.

SoxSpeed22
05-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Z GONE!

Z GAWN!This might be a spoonful of Drain-o for me. Because I would rather beat them when they have their best than beat the clown they throw at us Saturday. But, a win's a win.

maurice
05-16-2005, 05:37 PM
An MRI of Carlos Zambrano's right arm on Monday confirmed the original diagnosis of tennis elbow, but the Chicago Cubs pitcher won't know if he'll miss his next start until he throws on the side.

Linky (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050516&content_id=1051817&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

seanpmurphy
05-18-2005, 07:15 AM
Z GONE!

Z GAWN!

Or when he's ejected for being a big baby or hitting players. We all know how Sox players have that propensity to take pitches off the body instead of the bat. :whiner: Waa my arm feels like concrete waa :whiner:

SoxSpeed22
05-18-2005, 11:24 AM
From ESPN Power Rankings... Carlos Zambrano diagnosed with tennis elbow. Gee, wonder if it had something to do with coming off a 136-pitch game? :redneck

Jerko
05-18-2005, 11:39 AM
I think he hurt his elbow while getting that "point" right that he does on the comcast commercial for the Sox/cub series. I heard Dusty was the director and it took 136 takes........

Baby Fisk
05-18-2005, 11:47 AM
From today's Cubune:

The Cubs announced Monday that an MRI of Carlos Zambrano's right elbow showed no structural damage, making him a tentative go for the upcoming City Series against the White Sox at Wrigley Field.

"At this point in time, we're not anticipating him missing any action this weekend," general manager Jim Hendry said.

seanpmurphy
05-18-2005, 01:49 PM
"At this point in time, we're not anticipating him missing any action this weekend," general manager Jim Hendry said.

Just wait till Friday.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-18-2005, 07:26 PM

Just wait till Friday.

Not only are they bringing back "tennis elbow" Zambrano for the Sox series, Mark "Ouch, that hurts!" Prior is pitching Sunday, too.

Good thing the Sox don't mean anything to the Lovable Losers or their fans.

:roflmao: