PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5-14-05 Post Game Therapy Thread

SoxFan48
05-14-2005, 10:24 PM
...third time this season.

lowesox
05-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Yeah. Definitely not Garcia's best outing. And I hate seeing Cotts pitching when the game is close.

White Sox Josh
05-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Positives:
-Pods stealing 4 bases
-Shingo
-Vizcaino

Negatives:
-Garcia
-Cotts

Frankfan4life
05-14-2005, 10:27 PM
I'm worried about Garcia. That was a really bad outing. I hope he's not hurting.

Nard
05-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Dear Freddy,

Stop being such a ****ing headcase (1) at the Cell or (2) during nightgames.

Love,

Nard

Frater Perdurabo
05-14-2005, 10:28 PM
*grr*

Not good. Garcia was just off tonight. The O's got hits when they needed them, the Sox did not. Cotts didn't do his job, and Iguchi's overthrow cost the Sox big time. (1 run) The umpires robbed the Sox by awarding the O's their first run. (1 run) Konerko was robbed of the line shot to third base that would have scored a run. (1 run) Rowand also squandered a great RBI opportunity by grounding out when he should have gone for the sac fly. (1 run)

There's the game right there. :angry:

DoggPhood
05-14-2005, 10:28 PM
well, we're still 6 games up. can't have outstanding pitching every night. esp. against the best offense in baseball

FarWestChicago
05-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Dear Freddy,

Stop being such a ****ing headcase (1) at the Cell or (2) during nightgames.

Love,

NardIt would be nice if you could stop being a headcase, too. Might as well walk the walk. :D:

Cowch44
05-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Atleast the Twins lost.:rolleyes:

shoota
05-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Rowand also squandered a great RBI opportunity by grounding out when he should have gone for the sac fly. (1 run)

Is the play you're referring to the one where Rowand hit a grounder to Palmeiro and Podsednik scored from third?

mealfred13
05-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Can you really blame Cotts on this one? The freaking Orioles were hitting bloops left and right. Other than a few crappy pitches by Garcia, this wasn't that bad a game as far as the Sox were concerned....

At least the Twins lost, eh?

Kogs35
05-14-2005, 10:36 PM
twins lost cant win every1 cmon freddy u got todo better on friday. lets go jose and go sox

Viva Medias B's
05-14-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm disappointed we lost, but the O's were bound to beat us. And we're still 6 games up on Minnesota (thank you, Texas!). Let's get 'em Sunday!

JB98
well, we're still 6 games up. can't have outstanding pitching every night. esp. against the best offense in baseball

Yeah, this loss is no big deal. We can't outslug the Orioles. We need to keep the score down in order to win. We did that the first two games, but not tonight. Garcia just wasn't effective. I think he falls too much in love with the curve ball, and when he's hanging 'em, they're banging 'em.

Tough outing for Cotts too. He had been good the last three or four appearances he's made, but he just couldn't retire the left-handed hitters tonight.

NorthlakeTom
I'm not really bothered by tonight's loss. I thought Garcia was off from the beginning. The Twins got shut out, so we didn't lose any ground (I'm glad we won't be seeing Rogers next week. What's up with these 40 yr. old pitchers anyway?)

The Sox have to stop getting called out at the plate, though. It's going to happen, but it's been happening far too often.

Tomorrow's another game. If Contreras is on, we'll take the series.

The upside is that we're starting to hit the ball well.

Hendu
05-14-2005, 10:39 PM
Long time lurker, 1st post.

This is a game we really should have won. Packed house, with a 3-run lead and a chance to win the series and take some pressure off for tomorrow's game...not to mention gaining a game on the twinkies.

I hope that Freddy can get it together because we really need him to be more consistent as our #2 starter. Oh well...let's take this series tomorrow.

Frater Perdurabo
05-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Is the play you're referring to the one where Rowand hit a grounder to Palmeiro and Podsednik scored from third?

No, I'm referring to the bottom of the 4th, where Podsednik got on with a swinging bunt and stole second. Iguchi grounded out to the pitcher. Pods stole third. Rowand grounded into a FC.Then Konerko ended the inning by grounding out to third.

ilsox7
The Sox have to stop getting called out at the plate, though. It's going to happen, but it's been happening far too often.

Yea, PK getting sent was a poor decision by Cora. But Pods' play was actually smart on his part, as he was going on contact and was able to stay in the rundown long enough to get Arow to 2nd.

shoota
Yeah. Definitely not Garcia's best outing. And I hate seeing Cotts pitching when the game is close.

Pretty much my feelings of the game. Garcia cannot surrender what, 5 hits in a row the half inning after his offense got him a three run lead? Two solo homers too.

For the most part, I've liked the way Ozzie has handled the bullpen this season. What I don't like is him relying on Cotts as the FIRST MAN out of the bullpen in a close game! Tonight's game was tied at 5 in the 7th. Guillen had Cotts warming up in the bullpen. Cotts's role is the long reliever, NOT the first man called on in a close game. Shame on Ozzie and shame on Cotts for allowing the Orioles's last 4 runs to score in one inning.

I would have liked to have seen Politte or even Vizcaino called on in the 7th of today's game. Cotts has no business pitching in that situation, but game in and game out, Ozzie warms him up in those situations. Fuming :angry:

Frater Perdurabo
05-14-2005, 10:42 PM

That was the other screw-up I failed to mention earlier. A winnable game of missed opportunities. The O's took advantage of most every opportunity; the Sox didn't.

EDIT: Let's make it 3 out of 4 tomorrow. That would make it a .750 winning percentage! Still great!

ilsox7
Pretty much my feelings of the game. Garcia cannot surrender what, 5 hits in a row the half inning after his offense got him a three run lead? Two solo homers too.

For the most part, I've liked the way Ozzie has handled the bullpen this season. What I don't like is him relying on Cotts as the FIRST MAN out of the bullpen in a close game! Tonight's game was tied at 5 in the 7th. Guillen had Cotts warming up in the bullpen. Cotts's role is the long reliever, NOT the first man called on in a close game. Shame on Ozzie and shame on Cotts for allowing the Orioles's last 4 runs to score in one inning.

I would have liked to have seen Politte or even Vizcaino called on in the 7th of today's game. Cotts has no business pitching in that situation, but game in and game out, Ozzie warms him up in those situations. Fuming :angry:

And gosh darnit, he's only led us to a 27-10 record!

cbone
I agree, Garcia didn't look sharp from the get-go. Great to see a full house though! Get em tomorrow.

NorthlakeTom
05-14-2005, 10:43 PM
Yea, PK getting sent was a poor decision by Cora. But Pods' play was actually smart on his part, as he was going on contact and was able to stay in the rundown long enough to get Arow to 2nd.
Agreed. That play was executed properly. I listened on the radio, but I'm assuming it was a DP ball that would have ended the inning anyway.

ilsox7
05-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Agreed. That play was executed properly. I listened on the radio, but I'm assuming it was a DP ball that would have ended the inning anyway.

The DP ball was JD. That was just a bad play by Tejada that didn't come back to bite them. Line shot one hopper, even with Willie running, is tailor made for 2. He decides to get JD at the plate and keep the inning going.

Viva Medias B's
05-14-2005, 10:46 PM
We've already done better against the Orioles than most people (Sox fans and non-Sox fans alike) expected this weekend. I obviously want us to take the series by winning tomorrow, but I would reluctantly settle for a split.

SOX ADDICT '73
05-14-2005, 10:46 PM
This may come as a shock, but *gasp* the Sox aren't going to win every game! While that sinks in, consider that we've still won 2 out of 3 from the second best team in the AL. There is far less shame in a loss to the Orioles than there was in the two we dropped to the dreadful D-Rays last week, and we still managed to emerge from that mess no worse than when we started (4.5 games up).

I said going into this series that I'd be happy with a split (done), thrilled with a series win (still very possible), and out of my mind with a four-game sweep (highly unlikely even from the start).

shoota
05-14-2005, 10:47 PM
No, I'm referring to the bottom of the 4th, where Podsednik got on with a swinging bunt and stole second. Iguchi grounded out to the pitcher. Pods stole third. Rowand grounded into a FC.Then Konerko ended the inning by grounding out to third.

Oh, ok. Yeah the rundown play. A sac fly would have been nice there.

NorthlakeTom
The DP ball was JD. That was just a bad play by Tejada that didn't come back to bite them. Line shot one hopper, even with Willie running, is tailor made for 2. He decides to get JD at the plate and keep the inning going.
Thanks.

Like I said, with so many plays at the plate, it's hard to keep them all straight.

ilsox7
This may come as a shock, but *gasp* the Sox aren't going to win every game! While that sinks in, consider that we've still won 2 out of 3 from the second best team in the AL. There is far less shame in a loss to the Orioles than there was in the two we dropped to the dreadful D-Rays last week, and we still managed to emerge from that mess no worse than when we started (4.5 games up).

I said going into this series that I'd be happy with a split (done), thrilled with a series win (still very possible), and out of my mind with a four-game sweep (highly unlikely even from the start).

Exactly. Also, we have 10 losses. We've been in every one of those games with a chance to win. Would you rather see us get smoked every few nights or be in every game?

NSSoxFan
05-14-2005, 10:48 PM

Right on.

Let's get the series tomorrow.

JB98
05-14-2005, 10:49 PM
We've already done better against the Orioles than most people (Sox fans and non-Sox fans alike) expected this weekend. I obviously want us to take the series by winning tomorrow, but I would reluctantly settle for a split.

I wouldn't settle for that after winning the first two, although it's not the end of the world if we lose tomorrow. You want to beat up on the crap teams and play .500 against the good ones, and Baltimore is a good team. In that regard, a split is OK. Still, we have 'em down in this series, and I'd like to step on their throats.

Not to mention we have a tough road trip coming up, and I want to make some serious hay on this homestand. Let's get this one tomorrow and take two of three from Texas.

NSSoxFan
05-14-2005, 10:50 PM
Exactly. Also, we have 10 losses. We've been in every one of those games with a chance to win. Would you rather see us get smoked every few nights or be in every game?

Once we went down 4 in the 7th, it was obvious that we were going to have to scrap our way to victory. Your goal in a situation like this is to bring the tieing run to the plate, and we did that.

NorthlakeTom
05-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Once we went down 4 in the 7th, it was obvious that we were going to have to scrap our way to victory. Your goal in a situation like this is to bring the tieing run to the plate, and we did that.
Very true. Everett's a good clutch hitter, and the outcome could easily have been different.

Let's not forget. Frank is coming.

shoota
05-14-2005, 11:00 PM
The umpires robbed the Sox by awarding the O's their first run.

This play confused me. I thought I heard Rooney say a couple weeks ago that there is no more umpire discretion on that type of fan interference, and that they will automatically award two bases for the hitter and the runner(s) on base. Yet tonight, the umpires used discretion to award Fiorintino home plate.

Also, Fiorintino was not likely to score on that play anyway, but that's another discussion.

ilsox7
05-14-2005, 11:02 PM
This play confused me. I thought I heard Rooney say a couple weeks ago that there is no more umpire discretion on that type of fan interference, and that they will automatically award two bases for the hitter and the runner(s) on base. Yet tonight, the umpires used discretion to award Fiorintino home plate.

Also, Fiorintino was not likely to score on that play anyway, but that's another discussion.

Poor job by all involved in that play, including the "fan" who I hope was immediately kicked out of the game.

NSSoxFan
05-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Poor job by all involved in that play, including the "fan" who I hope was immediately kicked out of the game.

That guy was an idiot. You could clearly see him saying that 'he thought it was foul'. Hmmmm, what gave you that idea, the umpire clearly calling it fair or the ball hitting down in fair territory? :rolleyes:

Rocklive99
05-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Garcia was up, Roberts is like an alien and...oh nevermind

Eh, it's always disappointing while it's happening, but the loss doesn't bother me, you gotta realize that these things are going to come at least 60 more times. The thing that got me mad was PK getting sent on that play, that was just dumb by Cora

Wow, Pods is a monster, lol, makin a living hitting the ball a couple inches. What is this, his 3rd year in the league? If he could really get it together offensively than he'd be a MVP/All Star caliber player, I just love watching when he does get on base, you know it's on

I guess I was a little surprised cause I expected more of an offensive onslaught, but except for a couple of homers, there were a lot of bloop type hits, but there were also some solid hits too though. Nice to see Shingo get out of trouble too, but he did get himself into it

flo-B-flo
05-14-2005, 11:07 PM
6 game lead. Chance to 3 of 4 the second best team in the league. Twins lose. No one got hurt. Get em' tomorrow. GO-GO-SOX!

Rocklive99

It was kind of like a bang bang type deal, I probably would've tried to get it too (but probably wouldn't have), because you never know if JD would airmail one or something and guarantee that the runner stayed on 3rd, little did I know the Oakland crew channeled into the park, horrible call

ilsox7
Shingo looked pretty good. The double was an amazing piece of hitting and he was pitchign around the lefty to get to the righty. Not bad.

NorthlakeTom
05-14-2005, 11:08 PM

Yes, this type of call can be manipulated. It stinks because a fan can change the outcome of a game by grabbing the ball.

I'm wondering what would have happened if it had been the Sox. Considering it's a home game, and the fan is likely a Sox fan, would the outcome have been the same? In a critical game it would be worth getting booted out if it guaranteed a run scored.

It's a bad ruling, but then again, the fan could guarantee a ground rule double without the run scoring if it's ruled the other way. Perhaps leaving it up to the discretion of the umps is the only fair way to deal with it.

SOXfnNlansing
05-14-2005, 11:17 PM
I was satisfied that they got the tying run up to the plate in the ninth! Years past I would have turned off the game in the 8th or went home early, but this year I'm sticking with them til the end. I love this team! :bandance:

whitesoxwilkes
05-14-2005, 11:37 PM
That guy was an idiot. You could clearly see him saying that 'he thought it was foul'. Hmmmm, what gave you that idea, the umpire clearly calling it fair or the ball hitting down in fair territory? :rolleyes:

That drillrod was sitting in the front row of my section. He got lustily booed on his way out--but yeah, he kept saying it was foul.

If the only guy going after the ball is the RF, and the crowd is making noise--chances are it's a FAIR BALL.

mccoydp
05-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Long time lurker, 1st post.

This is a game we really should have won. Packed house, with a 3-run lead and a chance to win the series and take some pressure off for tomorrow's game...not to mention gaining a game on the twinkies.

I hope that Freddy can get it together because we really need him to be more consistent as our #2 starter. Oh well...let's take this series tomorrow.

According to the Comcast-Baltimore announcers last night, Buehrle is the #2 starter.

elrod
05-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Bedard is tough. Cabrera wasn't on his game for the first couple innings and we got him for 5 runs. Bedard will be tougher. If JC throws strikes he'll be alright. If he starts walking people then we're in trouble.

kj.hayes
05-14-2005, 11:49 PM
Agreed--the mini-rally at the very end of the ninth was pretty cool, especially considering that the park was about two-thirds empty by then. I fully expected us to go extra innings. Oh well.

Can I get one more hell yeah for Scott Podsednik? I don't care if he ever hits a home-run so long as he keeps being smart in the batter's box, getting on base, and then hustling his ass of to get into scoring position. Just great, savvy ballplaying for a team whose admitted weakness is big hitting.

Speaking of big hitting, props to A.J. his fourth homer of the year.

I hope Jose is up to it tomorrow. Losing one game to the second best team in baseball is forgivable (I suppose), but I can't help it if I've been spoiled this year and really think we can still take the series.

soxwon
05-15-2005, 12:03 AM
Agreed--the mini-rally at the very end of the ninth was pretty cool, especially considering that the park was about two-thirds empty by then. I fully expected us to go extra innings. Oh well.

Can I get one more hell yeah for Scott Podsednik? I don't care if he ever hits a home-run so long as he keeps being smart in the batter's box, getting on base, and then hustling his ass of to get into scoring position. Just great, savvy ballplaying for a team whose admitted weakness is big hitting.

I hope Jose is up to it tomorrow. Losing one game to the second best team in baseball is forgivable (I suppose), but I can't help it if I've been spoiled this year and really think we can still take the series.

what was the attendence? 30+ ?

SOX ADDICT '73
05-15-2005, 12:13 AM
what was the attendence? 30+ ?
37,311. What does Kruk's fat behind think about that?

Cellview22
05-15-2005, 12:18 AM
The announced attendance at the game was 37,000

I may be way off here, but I don't like the idea of Garcia pitching the day after Buehrle. MB pitches the fastest game in the majors, and then Garcia goes out and pitches the longest game ever. It's gotta throw off the other players. Baseball's all about rythm and Garcia after MB throws any kind of rythm out the window. I say switch the rotation around.

Whitesox029
05-15-2005, 12:21 AM
*grr*

Not good. Garcia was just off tonight. The O's got hits when they needed them, the Sox did not. Cotts didn't do his job, and Iguchi's overthrow cost the Sox big time. (1 run) The umpires robbed the Sox by awarding the O's their first run. (1 run) Konerko was robbed of the line shot to third base that would have scored a run. (1 run) Rowand also squandered a great RBI opportunity by grounding out when he should have gone for the sac fly. (1 run)

There's the game right there. :angry:
This can't be blamed on anything except the pitching. If the pitching can't hold them to less than 6 runs then there's trouble. I'm not saying this is going to be a recurring thing, but to blame the defense and some of the lucky runs the O's got is silly. 6 runs should be enough to win any ballgame.

ChiSoxGirl
05-15-2005, 12:27 AM
I was out there tonight, in a Diamond Suite. While the Suite was "sweet," the game wasn't so sweet. I staked out a seat in the front row of the Box, as the majority of the people in it were Scrub fans (and we had one Orioles fan in there...), and could tell from the first pitch that Garcia wasn't going to have it tonight. However, there were some...

...Positives:
~ ScottyPo's 4 SBs in the first few innings!
~ Stretching that number to 37... you know what I'm referring to.
~ Shingo's scoreless inning.
~ Getting Kevin Wright some MLB experience, while also not allowing a run.
~ My dream of a 9th inning rally became a reality.

I'll be out there again tomorrow, Section 113, Row 6... unless we head out to the Fan Deck early on and stake out a seat up there for the first time this season. Hope to see some WSIers out there with me to witness the Sox taking 3 of 4 from the Birds.

And here's a :bandance: for a solid effort by the Sox throughout the game, regardless of how many runs they were down.

whitesoxwilkes
05-15-2005, 12:29 AM
I was out there tonight, in a Diamond Suite. While the Suite was "sweet," the game wasn't so sweet. I staked out a seat in the front row of the Box, as the majority of the people in it were Scrub fans (and we had one Orioles fan in there...), and could tell from the first pitch that Garcia wasn't going to have it tonight. However, there were some...

...Positives:
~ ScottyPo's 4 SBs in the first few innings!
~ Stretching that number to 37... you know what I'm referring to.
~ Shingo's scoreless inning.
~ My dream of a 9th inning rally became a reality.

I'll be out there again tomorrow, Section 113, Row 6... unless we head out to the Fan Deck early on and stake out a seat up there for the first time this season. Hope to see some WSIers out there with me to witness the Sox taking 3 of 4 from the Birds.

And here's a :bandance: for a solid effort by the Sox throughout the game, regardless of how many runs they were down.

I'll be 4 rows in front of you on the aisle. Swing by and say hello if you want.

voodoochile
05-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Garcia's curve ball just was off tonight. I thought his fastball and change were pretty good, but he hung the curve too many times.

I actually got the impression the fan grabbed the fair ball on purpose and honestly it's not a bad thing to do in that exact situation. 95% of the time, it saves the team a run. I honestly cannot believe the umps awarded home on that play. Second time this season they have given the extra base to an opposing batter on fan interference. I understand the concept of not interfering in balls in play, but that play there has always been a "10th man" play that lots of fans do. Not expecting this to be a popular opinion and obviously one should never touch a fair ball by the home team, but I'd have probably done the exact same thing with the intention of trying to save the team a run.

Oh well, Twinkies got shutout so no ground lost and still got a chance to get the series win tomorrow.

SOX ADDICT '73
05-15-2005, 12:42 AM
~ Stretching that number to 37... you know what I'm referring to...And here's a :bandance: for a solid effort by the Sox throughout the game, regardless of how many runs they were down.
Someone posted in the game thread that the "number you're referring to" isn't such a good thing, that it's a really sign the Sox have choked in every one of their losses, that a blowout loss is somehow easier to stomach.

I think that number is awesome. It seems almost impossible that we've been in a position to win every game this year. There are few things more discouraging than watching your team get down 4-0 or 6-0, and then lay down and die like they're waiting for the next game to start. Not this team - they never give up! It seems like in 90% of their losses, they've managed to bring the tying run to the plate in the ninth. If anyone left tonight's game early, they haven't been paying attention this season.

seanpmurphy
05-15-2005, 12:42 AM
37,311. What does Kruk's fat behind think about that?

He has to be able to think in the first place

ilsox7
05-15-2005, 02:20 AM

2/3 empty on a fireworks night?

flo-B-flo
05-15-2005, 02:48 AM
**** Kruk.

IronFisk
05-15-2005, 03:42 AM
This can't be blamed on anything except the pitching. If the pitching can't hold them to less than 6 runs then there's trouble. I'm not saying this is going to be a recurring thing, but to blame the defense and some of the lucky runs the O's got is silly. 6 runs should be enough to win any ballgame.

Bingo. Especially with your so-called "co-ace" on the bump. Sorry, that's pathetic! Sure, no pitcher can expect to go unbeaten, but heck, can't hold the other team under six runs??? I think a "bad" outing by your best arm should be no more than 4 or 5 runs.

Maybe I don't have any patience (or understanding), but for what these guys are paid, why should I? I figure if they want that money, then they better produce - especially when your offense spots you a few.

Funny thing isn't it - Garcia looks like our weakest link in the rotation.

FarWestChicago
05-15-2005, 03:48 AM
Maybe I don't have any patience (or understanding), but for what these guys are paid, why should I?Because you look like a complete and total idiot when you make posts like this? That seems like a pretty good reason.

Blueprint1
05-15-2005, 04:40 AM
Bingo. Especially with your so-called "co-ace" on the bump. Sorry, that's pathetic! Sure, no pitcher can expect to go unbeaten, but heck, can't hold the other team under six runs??? I think a "bad" outing by your best arm should be no more than 4 or 5 runs.

Maybe I don't have any patience (or understanding), but for what these guys are paid, why should I? I figure if they want that money, then they better produce - especially when your offense spots you a few.

Funny thing isn't it - Garcia looks like our weakest link in the rotation.

Yeah your right absolutely no understanding of baseball. People have bad games.

A. Cavatica
05-15-2005, 08:35 AM

Who is Kevin Wright?

If you mean Walker, he has prior ML experience.

downstairs
05-15-2005, 09:05 AM
Well, Twins lose, Cubs lose, Cards win.... so at least there's SOME silver lining.

We have to take Sunday's game, and convincingly. Lets show the world that there is a reason we're the best team in the MLB, not the second best!

starboy0
05-15-2005, 09:15 AM
2/3 empty on a fireworks night?

Your question is perceptive. I would disagree with the previous poster. I was there and MOST of the people stayed even though it was getting really cold.

When we were putting together the rally in the 9th I was thinking that it was great that most of us were still around - sending a good message for the lads.

daveeym
05-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Can you really blame Cotts on this one? The freaking Orioles were hitting bloops left and right. Other than a few crappy pitches by Garcia, this wasn't that bad a game as far as the Sox were concerned....

At least the Twins lost, eh? I couldn't see the game yesterday but it seems like the O's got a ton of texas leaguers and bleeders so far all weekend. They had a bunch in Garlands 8th as well. Argghhh, those are so frustrating for a pitcher.

kj.hayes
05-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Your question is perceptive. I would disagree with the previous poster. I was there and MOST of the people stayed even though it was getting really cold.

When we were putting together the rally in the 9th I was thinking that it was great that most of us were still around - sending a good message for the lads.

Fair enough. I was in the upper deck behind home plate and to me it just looked like there were more empty seats than full by the time we came up to bat in the ninth. Just irritating seeing any number of people walk out on a good team playing a good game, especially when we came pretty close there again at the very end. Oh well.

Cellview22
05-15-2005, 12:28 PM
I was in the upper deck behind home plate also. I was with a few friends who wanted to leave in the 8th because it was getting too cold, and the wind was blowing like crazy up there. I convinced them to stay, and I said a little silent prayer that the Sox would come back :redneck , but to no avail. The crowd would've gone crazy if Carl would've somehow got on base, or hit one out!

Most of the fans in the upper deck stayed, but a lot of people in the lower level, and especially in the outfield, left early.