PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Jenks

White Sox Josh
05-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Jenks has been lights out this year. You think he could get a call up later this year? My biggest fear is if he gets injured. That was the reason the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in Orange County near San Diego in Southern California released him.

Nard
05-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Problem is, he's a racist headcase.

But I'd definitely call him up if apparently he now has his head on straight.

White Sox Josh
05-14-2005, 07:29 PM
What did he say that was so racist?

Palpidious
05-15-2005, 01:18 AM
Problem is, he's a racist headcase.

But I'd definitely call him up if apparently he now has his head on straight.

kinda fits in with ozzie don't it?

White Sox Josh
05-15-2005, 01:20 AM
Could he be the Sox future closer or Will Baj likely be that.

A. Cavatica
05-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Could he be the Sox future closer or Will Baj likely be that.

My guess? Neither.

Chisoxfn
05-17-2005, 12:07 AM
Where'd the racist part come from? I know he's had a ton of issues, and never graduated from high school. But I never heard anything about him being a racist?

doublem23
05-17-2005, 12:13 AM
kinda fits in with ozzie don't it?

Maybe I'm misreading your quote, but what has Ozzie said that's even sideways racist? I guess I can see where someone would be able to call him a headcase (I disagree fully), but I haven't seen anything that can be construed as even remotely racist.

Dusty Baker, on the other hand...

HomeFish
05-17-2005, 12:30 AM
My guess is that people see such strong parallels between him and John Rocker that they just assume he must be racist.

Quite frankly, I don't care. If he's a racist and he puts up good numbers for my team, I am willing to tolerate that. Of all the sports, baseball is the one to which racism is most antithetical; it's the closest I've seen to a colorblind society. One would imagine that spending time playing baseball would wear down racist ideas.

If he's a racist and he puts up bad numbers, well, then we just have one more thing to heckle him about.

chaerulez
05-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Rob Neyer once wrote a column about Jenks' lack of control and compared him to Rocker... maybe that's where this racism confusion starts, as I've never heard of him being a racist, so let's not accuse someone of something like that without proof.