PDA

View Full Version : Last night

balke
05-14-2005, 06:37 PM
I was in Carbondale for some graduation celebrations. It was pouring out, and a horrible time to be walking around from house to bar, but whatever.
I forget how Cubs/Cards it is down there. I was the only one with a Sox hat I saw all night.

As a matter of fact, while walking home we grabbed some booze from the liquor store, and this guy was fully decked out in his Cubs gear being handcuffed by the popo's (kinda looked like Carlos Zambrano). I guess he was beating up his gf or something. I was a little drunk so, without knowing at the time why he was being arrested, I waved my hat in his face while the cops were arresting him. It was funny, like in Mallrats when Jason Lee asks the cops if he can punch Ben Affleck, and they're like "Alright, just this once".

I really don't get into the rivalry much, but like I said, I didn't see why this guy was being arrested. I thought he was picking a fight with my buddies cause they are big Cards fans, and the cops broke it up. Plus, I was fed up that night from hearing Cubs fans come up to my buddy and talk trash about the Cardinals, and I'd be like "Man, I was hoping you guys were going to give up on Patterson soon. Your fans hated him earlier this season, but now that he's turned it around a bit you'll probably hang onto him. And they were like "I don't know much about the Cubs really, I just know Derek Lee is doing really good and that Wood is doing really bad".

Glad we won last night, wish I had Tivo right now.

Spicoli
05-15-2005, 09:30 AM
Being a veteran of Carbondale, I can tell you that there are very few Sox fans in town. In fact while I was there, I think I knew them all personally. We'd all watch the game at the best bar, the Cellar--the bartenders knew us all and would turn the game on and have the volume up (and killing the music) so we could also hear the game. It was a great time. It was also fun to team up with the Cards fans to retort the ever-loud sCrUBs fans.

nccwsfan
05-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Ah, the Cellar. A great place to watch the White Sox, Bears, and Blackhawks vs. Blues...