PDA

View Full Version : My My they are getting testy on the North Side

Fenway
05-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Today in honor of your club, I am wearing the ESPN1000 shirt with Sox in the back, and the White Sox floppy hat given out by Chevy dealers instead of my normal Red Sox hat.

Now a few people gave me thumbs up ( other Sox fans ) but otherwise I have been called names that I would expect from the people who follow the team in the Bronx.

and now the Sunday Trib has front page column on White Sox looking for love in city....

Mercy

shoota
05-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Today in honor of your club, I am wearing the ESPN1000 shirt with Sox in the back, and the White Sox floppy hat given out by Chevy dealers instead of my normal Red Sox hat.

Now a few people gave me thumbs up ( other Sox fans ) but otherwise I have been called names that I would expect from the people who follow the team in the Bronx.

and now the Sunday Trib has front page column on White Sox looking for love in city....

Mercy

Thanks for wearing Sox gear in Chicago. Thanks for being able to realize first hand why the Cubs fans are the worst in baseball. Now be sure to spread the word once you get back to Boston.

cheeses_h_rice
05-14-2005, 04:54 PM

Mercy

Fenway, do you live in Boston or Chicago? Last time I checked the Charles didn't run through Illinois, so I'm assuming you're travelling?

Fenway
05-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Fenway, do you live in Boston or Chicago? Last time I checked the Charles didn't run through Illinois, so I'm assuming you're travelling?

I think I live on an airplane the past 6 months

Have also made the drive a couple of times.

Used to be able to save time cutting thru Canada but Homeland Security in Detroit and Buffalo has bcome a major PITA.

cheeses_h_rice
05-14-2005, 05:15 PM
I think I live on an airplane the past 6 months

Have also made the drive a couple of times.

Used to be able to save time cutting thru Canada but Homeland Security in Detroit and Buffalo has bcome a major PITA.

What kind of work do you do, if you don't mind saying?

DrCrawdad
05-14-2005, 06:25 PM

Mercy

You're delusional. Cubbie fans don't care about the Sox or Sox fans. Only Sox fans with their congenital inferiority complex would engage in said behaviour.

DumpJerry
05-15-2005, 10:15 AM
What kind of work do you do, if you don't mind saying?
Fenway has told us he works in television as a consultant or something like that. He seems to have a lot of great inside knowledge about the industry.

NOTE TO FENWAY: I think I saw you on the street a couple weeks back after you were at a Sox game where you posted pictures from your cell phone. I left work on Dearborn street after 5:00 and this guy passed me on the street with a Red Sox hat on and headphones. He was about 5-8 or so and had dark hair. Was that you?

Fenway
05-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Fenway has told us he works in television as a consultant or something like that. He seems to have a lot of great inside knowledge about the industry.

NOTE TO FENWAY: I think I saw you on the street a couple weeks back after you were at a Sox game where you posted pictures from your cell phone. I left work on Dearborn street after 5:00 and this guy passed me on the street with a Red Sox hat on and headphones. He was about 5-8 or so and had dark hair. Was that you?

not unless I shrunk 3 inches :?:

only wear headphones when listening to MLB on XM :smile: