PDA

View Full Version : Next 17 games- brutal

hawkjt
05-14-2005, 01:24 PM
2 more with the O's
6 with the Rangers
6 with the Angels
3 with the scrubs.

I am glad we are playing great ball going into this stretch. After these games the only 2 teams we will not have played is the Red Sox and Yankees so we will have a solid handle on how competitive we are in relation to the rest of the league. I am sure the Red Sox and Yanks will be playing well when we do get them in July,aug and will have bolstered their rosters with trades and that does suck. But we play them well anyway. And we have 3 of the venues we play horrible at off our schedule by then. Oakland,Tampa and Toronto.

If we could go 11-6 in these games ahead I would be very pleased. That would put us at 38-15 about one third thru the schedule and on track for 115 wins!!!!

dcb33
05-14-2005, 01:27 PM
2 more with the O's
6 with the Rangers
6 with the Angels
3 with the scrubs.

I am glad we are playing great ball going into this stretch. After these games the only 2 teams we will not have played is the Red Sox and Yankees so we will have a solid handle on how competitive we are in relation to the rest of the league. I am sure the Red Sox and Yanks will be playing well when we do get them in July,aug and will have bolstered their rosters with trades and that does suck. But we play them well anyway. And we have 3 of the venues we play horrible at off our schedule by then. Oakland,Tampa and Toronto.

If we could go 11-6 in these games ahead I would be very pleased. That would put us at 38-15 about one third thru the schedule and on track for 115 wins!!!!

The only series of all these that scares me is the one against the Angels out west. We've done fairly well recently against the Rangers and the Angels when they t...ravel here, and although the Cubs series are always competitive, I think we can definitely take 2 of 3, or even sweep.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, even the series in Anahiem isn't all that intimidating becuase the Angels couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a banjo right now, and if they aren't hitting when we're there next week our pitching will shut them down.

downstairs
05-14-2005, 01:28 PM
2 more with the O's
6 with the Rangers
6 with the Angels
3 with the scrubs.

Remember this song?
"One of these things is not like the other..."

One of the teams you listed there is an under-500 third-place team with decimated pitching, zero relief, and one good hitter

:cool:

SABRSox
05-14-2005, 01:35 PM
The only series of all these that scares me is the one against the Angels out west. We've done fairly well recently against the Rangers and the Angels when they t...ravel here, and although the Cubs series are always competitive, I think we can definitely take 2 of 3, or even sweep.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, even the series in Anahiem isn't all that intimidating becuase the Angels couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a banjo right now, and if they aren't hitting when we're there next week our pitching will shut them down.

I wouldn't be too worried about the Angels... they recently dropped 4 of 6 to CLE and DET. With our pitching, I wouldn't be too worried about any of those teams, to tell you the truth.

PicktoCLick72
05-14-2005, 01:35 PM
As long as the pitching keeps it up we shuld have a good amount of success in these games. Besides, the hitting is bound to break out right about now.

soxwon
05-14-2005, 01:37 PM
2 more with the O's
6 with the Rangers
6 with the Angels
3 with the scrubs.

i figure 1 10-7 but 11-6 is possible

chisoxfanatic
05-14-2005, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't be too worried about the Angels... they recently dropped 4 of 6 to CLE and DET. With our pitching, I wouldn't be too worried about any of those teams, to tell you the truth.

The only pitcher on their staff that REMOTELY scares me is Bartolo Colon...Other than that, it's basically a wash for THIS Sox team.

MRKARNO
05-14-2005, 01:46 PM
As far as pitching matchups go, we're going to see the Rangers' three worst pitchers in Drese, Park and Astacio. Their lineup hasnt been as good as it was last year.

I probably worry most about the Cubs series as they have been taking off recently and we're going to see Maddux, Prior and Zambrano. I wouldnt be too dissapointed if we took only one of those and would be thrilled with a series win.

chisoxfanatic
05-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Their lineup hasnt been as good as it was last year.

The only two guys in their lineup I'm at all worried about are Young and Teixiera, and two guys can't carry a lineup with the pitching we have.

jdm2662
05-14-2005, 01:57 PM
The White Sox never seem to do well against Kenny Rogers. Missing him would be a good thing. They also never play well on the West Coast. Hopefully, they can get over the hump. I keep saying they are not going to continue to win at this pace. Maybe they can...
________
L engine (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_L_engine)

Win1ForMe
05-14-2005, 02:28 PM

Never underestimate our ineptitude out west. For example, the A's have been pretty pathetic this season and that didn't stop the Sox from some mind numbingly awful baseball (with an assist from the umps). Whenever the Sox play on the west coast, I just hope for the best but always prepare for the worst.

Goose
05-14-2005, 02:33 PM

LMAO! Nice.