PDA

View Full Version : Monday game to be telecast on ESPN

chisoxfanatic
05-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Looks like ESPN is starting to take notice, as they have decided to telecast Monday's game against Texas on the parent station. For those of you out-of-towners without the MLB package, this is another chance for you to see your team.

It will be interesting to see how many more games our Sox can pick up on ESPN as the season progresses. Let's hope the Sox can start new "charma" on ESPN, and show the entire nation once again that this team is NOT a mirage.

chisoxmike
05-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Damn, the Sox always lose when they are on ESPN.

chisoxfanatic
05-14-2005, 01:05 PM

If it's any consolation, I'm gonna be at the game and Garcia's not pitching (they seem to win whenever I'm there unless Garcia's pitching). :cool:

Ventura Fan 23
05-14-2005, 01:06 PM
If it's any consolation, I'm gonna be at the game and Garcia's not pitching (they seem to win whenever I'm there unless Garcia's pitching). :cool:

I feel you man, I went to a game this year when they played the Mariners, Garcia was pitching, and the Sox lost...

chisoxmike
05-14-2005, 01:09 PM
I feel you man, I went to a game this year when they played the Mariners, Garcia was pitching, and the Sox lost...

Yeah, I'm a bit nervous about tonights game with Garcia, the guy throwing for the O's shut the sox down last season.

FarWestChicago
05-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Damn, the Sox always lose when they are on ESPN.Not always, but most of the time. And they usually look really bad while they are doing it, too. :cower:

chisoxmike
05-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Not always, but most of the time. And they usually look really bad while they are doing it, too. :cower:

I remember some of us (including myself) were calling for Crede's head on the April 10 game this year against the Twins.

There was also that rain shortend game a few years ago against the A's I believe where the park was empty and we lost in a lifeless game...nothing new against the A's though. :rolleyes:

All on ESPN.

chisoxfanatic
05-14-2005, 01:23 PM

Haha, yea, I was at that game too, and that's the ONLY game I've gone to this year that the Sox have lost.

For the record, the only 3 games I went to last season were the only 3 losses Garcia had in a Sox uniform during the 2004 campaign. I've made a pact never to go to a game Garcia pitches again...

SoxxoS
05-14-2005, 01:23 PM
That's why there is a media bias, dummies!

chisoxfanatic
05-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I'm a bit nervous about tonights game with Garcia, the guy throwing for the O's shut the sox down last season.

Uhhh, exactly how many new faces are in THIS year's Sox lineup? It is because of that that I don't really put too much emphasis on how the Sox fared against any single pitcher in previous seasons...The turnover for this team is huge, yet highly effective. :)

JoseCanseco6969
05-14-2005, 01:41 PM

exactly. I guess i should just not even go to the game! damn ESPN!!!!

chisoxmike
05-14-2005, 02:13 PM
exactly. I guess i should just not even go to the game! damn ESPN!!!!

Damn, I have tickets for that one too, its a half price night SO THERE BETTER NOT BE ANY TROUBLE! Lets fill the place up and win this one!

ESPN probably picked it up becuase Garland is pitching.

MUsoxfan
05-14-2005, 02:14 PM

Or because they're the 2 best teams in baseball:cool:

Win1ForMe
05-14-2005, 02:19 PM
I remember some of us (including myself) were calling for Crede's head on the April 10 game this year against the Twins.

There was also that rain shortend game a few years ago against the A's I believe where the park was empty and we lost in a lifeless game...nothing new against the A's though. :rolleyes:

All on ESPN.

Yup. Don't forget the Billy Koch meltdown in Seattle (his final appearance as Sox closer) or the Red Sox completing an embarrassing sweep at the Cell last August. Great moments in Sox-ESPN history.

chisoxmike
05-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Yup. Don't forget the Billy Koch meltdown in Seattle (his final appearance as Sox closer) or the Red Sox completing an embarrassing sweep at the Cell last August. Great moments in Sox-ESPN history.

Ugh, a few of the horrible, horrible days of the 2004 season.

Ol' No. 2
05-14-2005, 02:26 PM
This sounds distressingly like curse talk.

chisoxfanatic
05-14-2005, 02:58 PM

Contreras is starting Monday. Garland starts Tuesday.

NDSox12
05-14-2005, 03:41 PM

Actually, Contreras will pitch on Sunday and El Duque on Monday.

chisoxfanatic
05-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Actually, Contreras will pitch on Sunday and El Duque on Monday.

:KW
"You didn't hear? I specifically told Ozzie to flip-flop Contreras and El Duque."

05-14-2005, 03:46 PM

So true..and Fox...basically any game they are on TV and have neutral broadcasters...

chisoxfanatic
05-14-2005, 03:48 PM
So true..and Fox...basically any game they are on TV and have neutral broadcasters...

Hawk and DJ still will broadcast the game on CSN, giving those of us here in the Chicago market two options of which to view the game. I think most of us will choose CSN.

FarWestChicago
05-14-2005, 03:59 PM
This sounds distressingly like curse talk.I don't think so. This team is different. They don't quit when they get behind. And I don't think they'll quit because Joe Morgan is around. The old Sox did mash the Angels that one time. :D:

chisoxmike
05-14-2005, 04:01 PM

Ah! I keep thinking today is Friday. :rolleyes:

Sunday - Contreras
Monday- El Duque
Tuesday - Garland

Ol' No. 2
05-14-2005, 04:14 PM
I don't think so. This team is different. They don't quit when they get behind. And I don't think they'll quit because Joe Morgan is around. The old Sox did mash the Angels that one time. :D:I wasn't referring to the team. I was referring to the thread.:(:

Lip Man 1
05-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Chisox Mike:

The game you are thinking about was Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN in May 2003 (I think). It was pouring down rain, there were no people in the stands and Jon Miller and Joe Morgan looked like they never wanted to return to the South Side of Chicago again. (Morgan refused by the way to wear a rain poncho over his immaculate clothes! LOL) Also the Mariners hammered the lifeless Sox.

Lip

batmanZoSo
05-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Haha, yea, I was at that game too, and that's the ONLY game I've gone to this year that the Sox have lost.

For the record, the only 3 games I went to last season were the only 3 losses Garcia had in a Sox uniform during the 2004 campaign. I've made a pact never to go to a game Garcia pitches again...

I was at two of those, including his first start in a Sox uniform in Chicago. If anyone has worse luck than me at Comiskey park, I'd like to hear about it. Case in point: the Sox are 13-3 at home this year. I'm 0-2. Freddy Garcia was 8-0 in the daytime...until I showed up. I'm already planning to go tomorrow, which is just asking for trouble if the Sox happen to win tonight and go up 3-0. Hell, last year I went to two in a row figuring I'm bound to see at least one victory that way and if they lost, I wouldn't have to drive home sad because I'd have another shot tomorrow. Wouldn't you know it, they lost both of 'em. :cool:

And I do hate when we play on ESPN. Even if we're playing well or having a good year, the ESPN game is always at the tail end of a long winning streak or something where we're just due to lose and generally f*** up. I can already see Monday developing as such, especially if we sweep the Orioles. :o:

Kogs35
05-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Hawk and DJ still will broadcast the game on CSN, giving those of us here in the Chicago market two options of which to view the game. I think most of us will choose CSN.

dave o brian, rick sutcliff and erin andrews on the call for monday on espn for those out of the chicago.

DMarte708
05-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Chisox Mike:

The game you are thinking about was Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN in May 2003 (I think). It was pouring down rain, there were no people in the stands and Jon Miller and Joe Morgan looked like they never wanted to return to the South Side of Chicago again. (Morgan refused by the way to wear a rain poncho over his immaculate clothes! LOL) Also the Mariners hammered the lifeless Sox.

Lip

Wow, I remember this game. :?:

Colon was pitching and gave up an absolute bomb to Ichiro in his first AB. If I'm not mistaken it was the first pitch.

During the delay I recall several camera shots of lightning striking off in the distance during their broadcast. And Jon Miller wearing a White Sox poncho looking at the camera with a disheaveled look on his face.

Definitely not a good Sox moment.

WhiteSox16K
05-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Wow, I remember this game. :?:

Colon was pitching and gave up an absolute bomb to Ichiro in his first AB. If I'm not mistaken it was the first pitch.

During the delay I recall several camera shots of lightning striking off in the distance during their broadcast. And Jon Miller wearing a White Sox poncho looking at the camera with a disheaveled look on his face.

Definitely not a good Sox moment.

I remember that too. That Ichiro home run was about 10 feet or less from where my dad and I were sitting. That rain delay was brutal, just like the game. But the thing I remember most is I had the game on tape and I remember watching it to see the Ichiro home run. But when rewinding through the tape I remember seeing (during the rain delay) some crap on Edgar Martinez and his eye excercises he did because he was so old. The interview was in the conference room at USCF too. That was one weird broadcast by ESPN that night.

Rudy Law
05-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Looks like ESPN is starting to take notice, as they have decided to telecast Monday's game against Texas on the parent station. For those of you out-of-towners without the MLB package, this is another chance for you to see your team.

It will be interesting to see how many more games our Sox can pick up on ESPN as the season progresses. Let's hope the Sox can start new "charma" on ESPN, and show the entire nation once again that this team is NOT a mirage.

It won't matter because we won't see it...It will blacked out around here..

whitesoxwilkes
05-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Chisox Mike:

Lip

I was in the stands. Miserable night...and to think, it was sunny and warm during batting practice.