PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Willie!!!!

hawkjt
05-14-2005, 12:38 PM
After being off for a week Oz has the faith to put him in as a (gasp) DH and Willie comes thru for a two out rbi single to get the sox back in the game. I luvvv it. He is hitting .313 and oba is .388 .

Also like his quote in the locker room afterward;

We are a team of fighters and we are not going anywhere.

Like the tough attitude, Willie, and the tough ab. He is going to be valuable as a speedster,utility guy that is a lefty. I know he has a lot of critics but this is really only his second year in the big leagues and his speed will never slump. I see him scoring some game-winning runs down the stretch as a pinch runner at the least. Sox fans will warm up to him as we roll thru this dream season.

I like gooch a ton also- good problem to have.

chisoxfanatic
05-14-2005, 12:50 PM
The singlemost important aspect of his game, IMHO, is that he can come off that bench and hit like he's been playing for several consecutive games. He doesn't need any "warm up" time to do his job. He's a great asset to this team, and I think he should relieve Iguchi once a week just to keep him rested and sharp.

Ventura Fan 23
05-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I always liked Willie. At first, I was a little bit sad when he lost his job to Tad, but since he's doing so great, I am happy we have him starting, and Willie available as a backup and a pinch hitter/runner.

bafiarocks03
05-14-2005, 04:39 PM
yea Willie is the best isn't he! yea i was glad to see him back in the lineup last night too!

DickAllen72
05-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Go Go Willie! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: