PDA

View Full Version : Cubdom invades D.C.

DC Sox Fan
05-14-2005, 12:08 PM
OK, I don't want a team here anymore.

Just kidding, but thanks to Cubdom's arrival I almost feel that way. First, the Washington Post's "Express" (free USA Today style paper that is given out on the Subway system) had stories about the lovable losers, and how devoted there fans are. Pathetic.

Didn't make it to the game last night, but I'm going tonight (wearing Sox hat of course!) We were walking to a bar from the subway last night when we saw a big group of people in front of the Mayflower Hotel. Scrub fans, drunk and rowdy, waiting for their triumphant heroes to return to their hotel. Got to the bar, Scrubbie blue hats everywhere. Fortunately, more Nats fans. I hate to generalize, but these were some of the rudest, most obnoxious people I've run into. One of them nearly knocks me over while flailing his arms wildly, telling the great story of the Cubs and their amazing win over the Nats. I give him what must have been a pretty dirty look. He says "hey don't be mad just because we beat the **** out of your team" laughing. I told him he didn't. He looked perplexed. So I took out my cell phone and showed him my wallpaper (Sox logo of course). He couldn't grasp the fact that I was a Sox fan, saying "nobody watches that team, everyone loves the Cubs", etc. I told him that I actually enjoyed watching baseball, and a good team. Asked him about the Cubs game- how'd they score, who was pitching, etc. Dumbass couldn't tell me. I said oh, BTW SOX won tonight, Burly-mon got his 6th W, great game by Pods, Tadahito, and Hermanson is lights out. Funny how he couldn't tell me anything about a game he was just at, but I knew a lot about the Sox from actually paying attention to games. I know this is a foreign concept to scrub nation, but still...

Of course he ended by saying that "you guys still suck." Damn, what a comeback!

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to get it out here to a place where people could understand and/or relate. I am almost not looking forward to going to tonight's game..

mjharrison72
05-14-2005, 01:15 PM
I've noticed quite a few as well... Funny how a visiting team can bring out the worst in a city.
I'll be there cheering the Nats with my Sox hat on tonight!
-M

rwcescato
05-14-2005, 02:48 PM
I've noticed quite a few as well... Funny how a visiting team can bring out the worst in a city.
I'll be there cheering the Nats with my Sox hat on tonight!
-M

Way to go guys. I am so sick of those fans being full of themselves. The only way the White Sox can shut everybody up is to win the WS. Even if we do there will be some lame excuse as to why it happened but at least we will enjoy it.
Rich

shoota
05-14-2005, 03:22 PM
I give him what must have been a pretty dirty look. He says "hey don't be mad just because we beat the **** out of your team" laughing. I told him he didn't. He looked perplexed. So I took out my cell phone and showed him my wallpaper (Sox logo of course). He couldn't grasp the fact that I was a Sox fan, saying "nobody watches that team, everyone loves the Cubs", etc.

The perplexed, "huh" response to a Cub fan after you've told him that you're a Sox fan is very common. They honestly can't comprehend or fathom why someone would like the Sox when the great, historic Cubs are in the same city.

You should have just flicked a cigarette in his face and called it a day. :wink:

Viva Medias B's
05-14-2005, 03:27 PM
This happens in every city of the National League and every American League city on the Cubs' road schedule. Cub fans, smart and stupid, follow their team like Greatful Dead fans by infesting the stadia, restaurants/bars, hotels, attractions, etc., of the road city.

cheeses_h_rice
05-14-2005, 03:49 PM
My brother stayed in the south (Atlanta) after my family returned to the Chicago area after a few years of living in Alabama in the late '70s, and he could never figure out why I hated Flub fans so much, since when we were younger our family regularly attended both Flubs and Sox games and didn't pick a "side" in the matter.

This all changed during the 2003 NLDS playoff series between the Braves and the Flubs, when he got an up close and personal glimpse of the incredibly arrogant and obnoxious breed of travellin' Flub fan invading Turner Field.

Needless to say, my brother now understands. He HATES the Flubs with a passion these days.

mjharrison72
05-15-2005, 09:30 PM
The highlight of Saturday's game (aside from the Flubs loss and a big Nats inning to chase Zambrano) was during the rain delay, when a guy walked by me and chucked me on the shoulder... I turned around to see a guy in a Sox hat, and we exchanged a knowing glance.
-M

Lip Man 1
05-15-2005, 10:04 PM
Too bad that 'great' team dumped two of three...LOL

By the way...shouldn't that be 'Cubdumb' ?

Lip

DumpJerry
05-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Way to go guys. I am so sick of those fans being full of themselves. The only way the White Sox can shut everybody up is to win the WS.
Come on, that won't do it. A plane crash won't do it. Flubitis (the disease of being a Flub fan) is, unfortunately, an incurable virus with no known treatment to lessen it's dreadful effects.

The Sox can go 162-0, 8-0 in the playoffs/WS, all perfect games with 27 K's for our pitchers while the Flubs go 0-162, all victims of perfect games where all Flub batters strike out and they will still talk their stupid trash!

Cubbiesuck13
05-16-2005, 09:45 AM
I went to the game on Friday with two of my buddies an Indians/Nats fan and a "cub fan" who isn't really a fan and admits this. The Nats fan didn't understand why I hate the Cubs but as soon as we walked in he looked at me and was livid over the fact that they were everywhere. The cub fan asked me if he were to wear a Sox hat would I stop calling him names. Good night all around. Especially after we broke up the fight between the 30 something cub fans and the 12 year old Nats fans.