PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts from 35th street and beyond

Hangar18
05-14-2005, 12:28 PM
I was at the game last nite, and again, there was that AURA and VIBE in the atmosphere last nite. I think the Mojo the SOX have, going into games confident knowing they EXPECT to win, has spilled over to the fans. Sox Fans, who are already known as a knowledgable group, are very much also
EXPECTING a victory every time out. It was an amazing experience to have
been at the game last nite, there was an electricity in the park, something
that I could hear on the radio during the highlights. Wilkes was sitting in the next section and I ran into him during a beer run. The sox started their rally
while I was chatting with him, so naturally, we had to stay there for good luck

Interesting things to note from last nite afterwards. I saw Kittle42 at the game , and we agreed to meet at a bar called the Schoolyard, on southport. I drove there, and while parking, saw the Brown Line train had just pulled away, and numerous White Sox fans exiting the station, walking to all the different bars on southport. I was very surprises, something out of the bizarro world. SOX fans in big numbers walking around Wrigleyville? We walked inside and many different people, who WERENT sox fans, were hi-fiving us, saying they saw the game, incredible comeback etc etc. Very weird. There were a couple of sour-graped blue sheep
in the bar also who chose to remain quiet. Very funny to see the Effect the SOX are having on the city, esp in cubs territory.

Dumb Cub fan of the nite award went to a pretty young lady, who saw my SOX Jacket and asked how I could be a "fan" of the SOX? I asked her if she was a cub fan. She replied yes. I told her why does she like the cubs,
she said because all her friends like the cubs and her parents liked the cubs.
I told her besides that, why does she like them? she said because her friends like the cubs. I said besides that, why do you like the cubs?
She couldnt answer the question. She then said were getting lucky and that the Blue Corporation are about to get very hot and will go to the playoffs and we wouldnt go to the playoffs. She said nobody goes to the games (heard that before) and that the neighborhood was dangerous (heard that too) I told her how does she know that? The Propoganda I told her to ignore.

I told her to tell me some of the players who will make a difference on their team ........... she for whatever reason, couldnt name a single player.
I shook my head and smiled at her. She then said OK, Sox fans are probably more "hard-core" about baseball, but that we take things too seriously, and they have more "tradition" anyway (heard that before too)
I told her good luck to her team, she'll need it. Kittle42
was laughing the whole time listening to this cubby bimbette try to explain
how their fans are the "best in baseball".

hose
05-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Just as Kane in Kung Fu roamed the West I think you should roam the northside looking for an intelligent cub fan.

When a bimbette or a bumette can answer three simple baseball questions then you can return home.

This will be a very difficult task and may require many nights of drinking beer in Wrigleyville, God speed.

MUsoxfan
05-14-2005, 02:15 PM
and we agreed to meet at a bar called the Schoolyard, on southport. I drove there, and while parking, saw the Brown Line train had just pulled away, and numerous White Sox fans exiting the station, walking to all the different bars on southport. I was very surprises, something out of the bizarro world. SOX fans in big numbers walking around Wrigleyville?

How is that place? I heard it's also a Marquette bar

chisoxmike
05-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Seeing Hangar in action against the machine must be a beautiful thing.

ewokpelts
05-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Seeing Hangar in action against the machine must be a beautiful thing.it's like watching david mow down goliath with a submachine gun...
Gene

woodenleg
05-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Yes, you see a lot more Sox hats around on the north side these days. I'm no longer surprised when I see them.

I think it's because some of the younger South Siders are leaving the nest and moving north.

LongLiveFisk
05-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Yes, you see a lot more Sox hats around on the north side these days. I'm no longer surprised when I see them.

I think it's because some of the younger South Siders are leaving the nest and moving north.

That and the simple fact that our hats are about a million times cooler and classier looking. :cool: