PDA

View Full Version : Cub Fan Calls the Score this morning (saturday)

Hangar18
05-14-2005, 11:52 AM
He says hes a big cub fan, and admits the SOX are doing fantastic, but
a few things are bothering him. Says Why are SOX fans so obsessed with
the cubs? He also said its obvious the Cubs arent going anywhere, why
does the Media keep talking about the Cubs and hyping them up? He said
cub fans are looking to the series next weekend (I HEARD cub fans say THIS LAST NITE! More on that later) as the one that will get them going again
and back on track. He said Sox Fans need to fill up their park (where
have we heard that before?) and that the Media should start giving the SOX
some love and leave the cubs alone, theyre not good right now, stop bashing
them.

Very interesting call, I was wondering what he was really getting at, seemed
to be bashing Sox Fans, Cub Fans and the Media all in one swoop.

santo=dorf
05-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Let me get this straight; A Cubs fan calls into the Score with the intent of bashing the Sox, and then has the nerve to say Sox fans obsess about the Cubs??? :?:

Hangar18
05-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Let me get this straight; A Cubs fan calls into the Score with the intent of bashing the Sox, and then has the nerve to say Sox fans obsess about the Cubs??? :?:

Like I said, he was bashing Sox Fans, seemed to be bashing cub fans, said
lot of his friends think they will sweep the series and that will get them to 1st place and back on track. He was bashing the Media for ripping the cubs,
he said leave them alone, just talk about the sox

JB98
05-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Like I said, he was bashing Sox Fans, seemed to be bashing cub fans, said
lot of his friends think they will sweep the series and that will get them to 1st place and back on track. He was bashing the Media for ripping the cubs,
he said leave them alone, just talk about the sox

Or maybe we'll sweep the series and send their asses into a horrible tailspin that they'll never recover from.

DrCrawdad
05-14-2005, 02:02 PM
How often have you heard Cubbie fans say, "Sox fans care more about the Cubbies losing more than they do about the Sox winning..."

Here's what I've concluded, Cubbie fans care more about attendance than they do about winning. As long as the Cubbies are winning "The Attendance Game" it doesn't matter that they're playing terribly..

Listen to the radio this week, and listen to what Cubbie fans have to gloat about. It will be all about attendance.

In just about every conversation that I've had with Cubbie fans this season, thru gritted teeth they've acknowledged that the Sox have done well but then they immediately switched to discussions about Sox attendance and how it pales in comparison to Cubbie attendance.

halfpricemonday
05-14-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm getting pretty tired of Cub fans playing the "Attendance Card" just because their product on the field isn't getting it done.

Next time I hear a Cub fan trying to impress me about their attendance, I'm going to tell him or her that they should just print up some T-shirts: "Chicago Attendance Champs 2005". Then they can wear them and hang out with the Washington Wizards in their "Round 2" T-shirts and compare how cool their shirts are.

DrCrawdad
05-14-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm getting pretty tired of Cub fans playing the "Attendance Card" just because their product on the field isn't getting it done.

Next time I hear a Cub fan trying to impress me about their attendance, I'm going to tell him or her that they should just print up some T-shirts: "Chicago Attendance Champs 2005". Then they can wear them and hang out with the Washington Wizards in their "Round 2" T-shirts and compare how cool their shirts are.

You can bet on the "Attendance Card" being played over 100,000 times this weekend at The Shrine.

BTW I've never heard the expression, "Attendance Card." I like that and will use it in the future.

I've heard and read hundreds of times where Cubbie fans play pop-psychoanalysts with Sox fans, 'Sox fans have an inferiority complex...' Yada, yada, yada. Well, I'm wondering how would you describe the condition that many Cubbie fans have and their badcasters, where they feel impelled to always talk about how much more popular they are than another.

If knew someone that always brought up how popular they are and how unpopular I am, that person wouldn't be my friend and I'd think that person was an ass. Yet that is exactly what Cubbie fans instinctively do.

When they play at home, the place is always "packed" even when seats are empty. When they go on the road, there is always discussion about how many Cubbie fans are there. You'll note that they'll usually say, that half or more of the crowd is Cubbie fans.

Do Yankees fans and broadcasters act the same way as Cubbie fans and broadcasters? When the Yankees play on the road do the broadcasters revel in how many Yankees fans are in attendance?

TDog
05-14-2005, 03:55 PM
I don't listen to Chicago sports radio, but on NPR, I heard a political interview with Chicago writer Studs Terkel. The interviewer brought up baseball and asked why he was a Sox fan and not a Cubs fan. Terkel described Cubs fans who fill their park as "tourists."

Whitesox029
05-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Or maybe we'll sweep the series and send their asses into a horrible tailspin that they'll never recover from.
You mean they're not in a tailspin right now?

Ol' No. 2
05-14-2005, 04:11 PM
You mean they're not in a tailspin right now?Before you can be in a tailspin, you first have to get off the ground.:D:

JB98
05-14-2005, 05:40 PM
You mean they're not in a tailspin right now?

Well, they're on a 3-game winning streak. According to my morning Cubune, they are 16-18. That's bad, but it would be funny if they were worse. I'd like to see them go on a stretch where they lose, say, 40 out of 50.

LongLiveFisk
05-14-2005, 06:16 PM

GEE, WHEN HAVE WE EVER DONE THAT BEFORE?
:kneeslap: :roflmao:

JB98
05-14-2005, 06:21 PM
GEE, WHEN HAVE WE EVER DONE THAT BEFORE?
:kneeslap: :roflmao:

Ah, yes. 1999. Caruso homers, and the Cubs go on to lose 40 out of their next 50. How can you not love it?

LongLiveFisk
05-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Ah, yes. 1999. Caruso homers, and the Cubs go on to lose 40 out of their next 50. How can you not love it?

And, I seem to remember us putting them into a tailspin about twice in the last three years as well. You don't have to sweep them to send them into a downward spiral. Two butt-whippings in a three-game series will do the trick too. :wink:

SOXSINCE'70
05-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Last year,the "lovable loos-ahs" swept the Sox,only to
be swept by the Brew Crew.:D: :cool:

Sadly, the Sox went on to get swept in Detroit.:(: