PDA

View Full Version : Sox Pregame Video

StrTrkker
05-14-2005, 09:55 AM
I was at my 1st Sox game of the year last night (1 of many I might add) and noticed the new Sox video on the screen before the start of the game.

It brought back lots of fond memories for me. From the Richie (Dick) Allen Sox to the Winnin' Ugly team of the 80s to the Julio Cruz game winning run to clinch the division to Black Jack's Sizzlin' Sox to our current Ozzie Ball White Sox.

One thing tho...I remember seeing the game where Carlton Fisk tagged out 2 players at home on the same play. What i dont remember is who the 2 players were...

Anybody know?
Thanks...

soxfan43
05-14-2005, 10:04 AM
I was at my 1st Sox game of the year last night (1 of many I might add) and noticed the new Sox video on the screen before the start of the game.

It brought back lots of fond memories for me. From the Richie (Dick) Allen Sox to the Winnin' Ugly team of the 80s to the Julio Cruz game winning run to clinch the division to Black Jack's Sizzlin' Sox to our current Ozzie Ball White Sox.

One thing tho...I remember seeing the game where Carlton Fisk tagged out 2 players at home on the same play. What i dont remember is who the 2 players were...

Anybody know?
Thanks...

I don't know who the 2 players are but I love the video. Great pregame intro, but nothing will ever be able to top the bulls intro.

gosox41
05-14-2005, 10:06 AM

Anybody know?
Thanks...

I believe they were Yankees. I think Dale Berra was the second guy tagged out.

Bob

Wsoxmike59
05-14-2005, 10:16 AM
I love that video they show just prior to the start of the game. I remember a few years ago at the White Sox Official Website you could watch the clip of the HR through the Century on your computer.

I hope they upload it to their current website, I'd like to watch that thing on demand whenever I want. It's really great, and whoever put it together deserves a great big White Sox High Five!!! :smile:

Brian26
05-14-2005, 10:18 AM
I love all of the lesser-known highlights in that video. Joe Cowley's no-hitter, a shot of Disco Demolition, LaRussa throwing 3rd base past the ump ('83), Frank lifting up Robin 7/31/91. It's really like a who's who compilation of the last 30 years. The guys who put that together did a great job.

HomeFish
05-14-2005, 10:43 AM
There don't seem to be any Ed Farmer highlights, unlike the old video, but DJ has a lot of time near the end.

It is nonetheless exceptionally well-done, and a lot more action-packed than the old ones. It is set to the music very well.

I wasn't around for most of what they show, but it gives me chills anyway.

Lip Man 1
05-14-2005, 11:10 AM
The 'two for the price of one' play occured the same weekend that would see Tom Seaver win his 300th game in New York.

Ask and ye shall receive:

August 2, 1985- An incredible weekend in New York starts with perhaps the most unusual play in White Sox history. With Britt Burns on the mound, Rickey Henderson slams a double to left center over the head of Luis Salazar. Yankee base runners Bobby Meacham and Dale Berra get confused because it looked like Salazar might have been able to make the catch. Meacham stumbles running the bases and is nearly passed by Berra. Both runners get hung up and attempt to score as Salazarís relay throw is caught by Ozzie Guillen and fired to Carlton Fisk at the plate. Fisk then tags out and knocks down BOTH Meacham and Berra one / two as they attempt to score. Thatís two for the price of one at home plate! To cap things off the Sox win the game 6-5 in 11 innings plus the game was on national television as NBC was showing it on their 'Friday Night Baseball' series with Vin Scully doing the play by play.

Lip

SOX ADDICT '73
05-14-2005, 11:27 AM
I love that video they show just prior to the start of the game. I remember a few years ago at the White Sox Official Website you could watch the clip of the HR through the Century on your computer.

I hope they upload it to their current website, I'd like to watch that thing on demand whenever I want. It's really great, and whoever put it together deserves a great big White Sox High Five!!! :smile:
When I'm at the game, and that video comes on, I get tunnel vision. Everything else ceases to exist for those few moments as I stand and stare, riveted to the screen. My wife has tried to get my attention, the people behind me have asked me to sit down, but I don't hear or see anything except that awesome music and those incredible highlights. I'd love for the Sox to offer a download or even a DVD of that piece. Maybe I'll e-mail Brooks!

zach074
05-14-2005, 11:31 AM
I love the new video, it shows the great and not so great moments of our history in 60 seconds or so.

SpammySosa
05-14-2005, 01:26 PM
When I'm at the game, and that video comes on, I get tunnel vision. Everything else ceases to exist for those few moments as I stand and stare, riveted to the screen. My wife has tried to get my attention, the people behind me have asked me to sit down, but I don't hear or see anything except that awesome music and those incredible highlights. I'd love for the Sox to offer a download or even a DVD of that piece. Maybe I'll e-mail Brooks!

You sound like me! I have been to the park 5 times this year and have gotten chills each time I watched it.The music is perfect,and combined with Thunderstruck gets you even more pumped up to watch the game.

chisoxfanatic
05-14-2005, 01:36 PM
No knock on this year's montague...I just liked last year's a bit better, where they showed icons of players in Sox past and present...It seemed to pump me up a little more, especially with the soundtrack they did it to.

White Sox Josh
05-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Isn't the Music from Pirates of Caribean.

juanuribe
05-14-2005, 02:50 PM
No knock on this year's montague...I just liked last year's a bit better, where they showed icons of players in Sox past and present...It seemed to pump me up a little more, especially with the soundtrack they did it to.

What's a montague? Sounds like a style of necktie.

Don't you mean montage?

chisoxfanatic
05-14-2005, 02:53 PM

Don't you mean montage?

Yup...I'm such a bad speller...That's why I use spell checker all the time...It's also why I'm a math teacher, not an english teacher. :D:

MUsoxfan
05-14-2005, 02:57 PM

I believe a Montague is a member of a family from a work of Shakespeare. Romeo & Juliet IIRC:wink:

michned
05-14-2005, 02:59 PM
To cap things off the Sox win the game 6-5 in 11 innings plus the game was on national television as NBC was showing it on their 'Friday Night Baseball' series with Vin Scully doing the play by play.

I can still hear Vin proclaiming, "they get one, and they get two!" :D:

Ed

juanuribe
05-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Yup...I'm such a bad speller...That's why I use spell checker all the time...It's also why I'm a math teacher, not an english teacher. :D:

Just having a little innocent fun at your expense. Congrats on being a teacher, you bear the cross of being in the most underpaid and underappreciated group of people I know.

GO SOX!

Ol' No. 2
05-14-2005, 03:24 PM
I believe a Montague is a member of a family from a work of Shakespeare. Romeo & Juliet IIRC:wink:Romeo is a Montague. Juliet is a Capulet.

StrTrkker
05-14-2005, 03:24 PM
The 'two for the price of one' play occured the same weekend that would see Tom Seaver win his 300th game in New York.

Ask and ye shall receive:

August 2, 1985- An incredible weekend in New York starts with perhaps the most unusual play in White Sox history. With Britt Burns on the mound, Rickey Henderson slams a double to left center over the head of Luis Salazar. Yankee base runners Bobby Meacham and Dale Berra get confused because it looked like Salazar might have been able to make the catch. Meacham stumbles running the bases and is nearly passed by Berra. Both runners get hung up and attempt to score as Salazarís relay throw is caught by Ozzie Guillen and fired to Carlton Fisk at the plate. Fisk then tags out and knocks down BOTH Meacham and Berra one / two as they attempt to score. Thatís two for the price of one at home plate! To cap things off the Sox win the game 6-5 in 11 innings plus the game was on national television as NBC was showing it on their 'Friday Night Baseball' series with Vin Scully doing the play by play.

Lip

Thanks Lip.

Ol' No. 2
05-14-2005, 03:29 PM
When I'm at the game, and that video comes on, I get tunnel vision. Everything else ceases to exist for those few moments as I stand and stare, riveted to the screen. My wife has tried to get my attention, the people behind me have asked me to sit down, but I don't hear or see anything except that awesome music and those incredible highlights. I'd love for the Sox to offer a download or even a DVD of that piece. Maybe I'll e-mail Brooks!Seriously, it would be great to have that available on the website. Suggest it and they might do it.

bboyer@chisox.com

NDSox12
05-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Romeo is a Montague. Juliet is a Capulet.

There is also an umpire named Ed Montague. Not sure if he is related to Romeo :smile:

Viva Medias B's
05-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Romeo is a Montague. Juliet is a Capulet.

And when the play ended, THEY GONE!

I want Mags back
05-14-2005, 04:02 PM
This sucks. Thursday was my first day. We were in sect. 100, so the Jumbotron and Matrix board were blocked off by the wallls from the fan deck. I was looking forward to seeing the new intro.