PDA

View Full Version : Sox Pregame Video

StrTrkker
05-14-2005, 10:47 AM
I was at my 1st game last nite (1st of many I might add) and I loved the new Sox video on the bigscreen before the start of the game. Way better that last years montage of past players.

It brought back lots of fond memories for me. From the Richie (Dick) Allen Sox to the Winnnin' Ugly Sox of Bill Veeck to the Julio Cruz winning run to clinch the divison and even (yes) Jerry Manuel's Sox to our current White Sox.

One thing tho...I remember seeing the game where Fisk tagged out 2 players at home on the same play. What I dont remember was who the players were...

Any body know?

nccwsfan
05-14-2005, 11:24 PM
I remember that it was against the Yankees at Yankee Stadium, the game was played on ABC's Monday Night Baseball (blast from the past), and the White Sox won the game. I'm sure someone on this board remembers the players...

White Sox Josh
05-15-2005, 02:18 AM
Mods should merge this thread. This was just my 200th post:bandance::bandance::gulp::smile::)

Lillian
05-15-2005, 08:00 AM
One of the players was Dale Berra, Yogi's son. I can't remember the other one. I'm just guessing, but the second guy was probably one of their speedsters because he was right behind the first runner. Berra was probably the first one, although I'm not sure of that either. In any case, it was one of the most remarkable and unforgettable plays that I've ever seen.

BainesHOF
05-15-2005, 12:00 PM
The video is great. It's perfect.

harwar
05-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Bobby Meachum was the first guy tagged,Berra was right on his heels..Ozzie(our fearless leader) was the cuttoff guy that threw to Fisk.

skobabe8
05-16-2005, 12:23 PM
The video and music are fantastic. I didnt think the montage could possibly top last years version because it wouldnt have dave wills, but it does. and bringing back thunderstruck was huge!

LVSoxFan
05-16-2005, 12:36 PM
I love it too. Especially the fact that they actually acknowledge Disco Demolition night--after all, that is an unforgettable part of Sox history, bad or not.

But Lord Oh Lord thank you God for bringing back "Thunderstruck" as the theme song--I was mortified on opening day when it was gone, replaced by the worn-out "Right Now."

AC/DC is such a perfect band to represent Sox fans.

But yes, the video is absolutely cool.

skottyj242
05-16-2005, 01:04 PM
I think Thunderstruck and the whole player introductions is one of the worst ideas this team has ever had. Nothing like talking about all the great chemistry that we have and say this club is actually a team then announce them separtely. I do like the video...isn't the song from the movie Gladiator?

Kilroy
05-16-2005, 02:03 PM
I think Thunderstruck and the whole player introductions is one of the worst ideas this team has ever had. Nothing like talking about all the great chemistry that we have and say this club is actually a team then announce them separtely. I do like the video...isn't the song from the movie Gladiator?

Thunderstruck is fine, great in fact. But the Sox should take the field as a team. I hate the individual intros. It's so NOT baseball.

LVSoxFan
05-16-2005, 02:17 PM
Well I'm fine with them running on as a team, too.

My point is: it's hard not to get jacked when that opening riff starts and the guy sets "Sox fans... ON YOUR FEET". Chills. That's all. Perfect song.
And I must not be the only one who feels this way; they did bring it back after trying (and thank God aborting) "Right Now." Somebody must have said something.

FRANK FORT
05-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Thunderstruck is great! The video is fantastic! For me, the video gives me chills.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-16-2005, 03:30 PM
i wonder if there is any way to get that video over the internet or via some other method

WWE Champion
05-16-2005, 04:02 PM
I love the opening video and I too was at Opening Day and am glad they switched back to Thunderstruck from Right Now. During the opening video, does anyone know the name of the music that starts off the video? I know the second part of it is by Klaus Badelt and was the theme to Pirates of the Caribbean, but the first part of it is a mystery to me. Anyone know?

Sox of White
05-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Thunderstruck is great! The video is fantastic! For me, the video gives me chills.

I agree totally. I get the chills every time. Especially when they show both comiskey parks side by side.

Church Turtle
05-16-2005, 04:48 PM
I like "Thunderstruck also" and, well, I got on my feet. I'd say it worked.

Of course I'd probably gotten on my feet if they played "March of the Kazoos". GO SOX!

WWE Champion
05-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Anybody know what the song is (or where it's from?) that opens the pregame video? Thanks.

skottyj242
05-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Anybody know what the song is (or where it's from?) that opens the pregame video? Thanks.

I think it's the music from the movie "Gladiator."

Rocklive99
05-17-2005, 11:58 AM
I wasn't really feeling the music at first but I really like the video, is there anyway I can get a copy on my computer or view it online?

Also, agreed that the Sox should take the field as a team

TomBradley72
05-17-2005, 02:37 PM
They should make some TV commercials out of the pregame video....would get the fan base incredibly pumped...and educate the casual fan on our history. Also...should play it (like the Bulls do) as part of the pregame on their TV broadcasts....bring more of the Cell experience to the TV audience....and make it available on DVD for their fans. As a side note....should also find a way to show Sox fans singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the 7th Inning stretch....should be a badge of honor that we don't need a celebrity leading what was CREATED on the southside.

skobabe8
05-17-2005, 02:53 PM
They should make some TV commercials out of the pregame video....would get the fan base incredibly pumped...and educate the casual fan on our history. Also...should play it (like the Bulls do) as part of the pregame on their TV broadcasts....bring more of the Cell experience to the TV audience....and make it available on DVD for their fans. As a side note....should also find a way to show Sox fans singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the 7th Inning stretch....should be a badge of honor that we don't need a celebrity leading what was CREATED on the southside.

I think this is the second idea from TomBradley i've seen in the last 10 minutes and I like them both! :D: I want more of that pre-game video, and putting it before the tv broadcast would get me on the couch ready to go way before the first pitch is thrown.

bayzbol44
05-17-2005, 08:25 PM

Great idea! Unfortunately the dopes with the White Sox would rather show "One Eyed Willy" and his eye patch talk nonsense. Playing the pre-game video right when they are about to begin is a great idea.

WhiteSox16K
05-18-2005, 02:06 AM

Pirates of the Caribbean