PDA

View Full Version : O's starter tonight...

05-14-2005, 08:01 AM
Isn't this the guy who 1 hit us his 1st major league start last year? Pay backs a Bitc:smile:

fquaye149
05-14-2005, 09:22 AM
no wonder it's latin for generosity

Clembasbal
05-14-2005, 09:43 AM
This guy is a flame thrower. He can reach 100 mph with movement late in the game. (Inside tip for Pick the Click...Paulie kills the fastball)

ChiSox14305635
05-14-2005, 11:39 AM
I'm glad we took the first 2 games, because it was these 2 games upcoming that concerns me. Cabrera handcuffed the Sox last year, and Bedard has looked stellar in his starts. Hoping that Garcia and Contreras can outduel them.

SoxWillWin
05-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Garcia vs. Cabrera tonight will be a scuffle.......Contreras tomorrow has me downright biting my nails, but I have faith that after scoring 3 runs on thursday and 5 yesterday that our offense is due to give these guys a bunch of runs to work with......knock on wood

buehrle4cy05
05-14-2005, 12:06 PM
The Sox are going to have to scratch and claw their way to get some runs today. I look for Pods to get on with a bunt single or walk, steal second, get over to third on an Iguchi sac bunt or groundout to the right side, and then score on a sac flyout or squeeze. It's going to take some creative managing by Ozzie today, the way Cabrera has pitched lately. I hope the Sox also don't start Crede today, I'd like more speed and less popouts with Pablo Ozuna starting at 3B.

JB98
05-14-2005, 12:10 PM
This guy is a flame thrower. He can reach 100 mph with movement late in the game. (Inside tip for Pick the Click...Paulie kills the fastball)

Cabrera struck out 11 and beat the Twinks 3-0 in his last outing. He can dominate at times. He can also be downright awful. Like most young pitchers, he has his ups and downs. Let's hope he doesn't have it tonight and that we can break out offensively. It would be nice to score some runs and take the pressure off our pitching staff.

Lip Man 1
05-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Maybe this was a mistake but on SportsNite on Comcast last night they showed Bedard's stats and his ERA was pretty high up there.

Lip

Ventura Fan 23
05-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I think it's safe to say that Daniel Cabrera is an upcoming young pitcher...

JB98
05-14-2005, 12:15 PM
The Sox are going to have to scratch and claw their way to get some runs today. I look for Pods to get on with a bunt single or walk, steal second, get over to third on an Iguchi sac bunt or groundout to the right side, and then score on a sac flyout or squeeze. It's going to take some creative managing by Ozzie today, the way Cabrera has pitched lately. I hope the Sox also don't start Crede today, I'd like more speed and less popouts with Pablo Ozuna starting at 3B.

Why are you down on Crede? He's hitting .278, third highest among our regulars, and he's playing stellar defense.

I might find a spot for Ozuna on Sunday when we face Bedard, but not tonight. I'd probably put Perez in the lineup tonight instead of Dye. Hopefully, Everett is ready to DH.

NorthlakeTom
05-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Cabrera has been unhittable in his last two outings, but he was awful in three of his first four. Hopefully he'll revert to his early season form.

Player page: http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com//NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=425555

davenicholson
05-14-2005, 01:42 PM
no wonder it's latin for generosity
I thought it was bich! I should remember this from my training in the classics; I just watched the South Park movie again the other day, too. M'kay? :redneck