PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Feel a Dream?

kevingrt
05-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Does anyone like feel they are in a dream right now with this White Sox team! It is so fun to just go to the park regardless of weather and watch this team play their behinds off and win like 75% of the games. I love this team and the baseball they play. I feel I am becoming way to attached to this team, and if they ever lose late in the season (I don't want to say the word) I might go into a depression state.

This season has been a blast so far and I hope it never stops!

Sorry if this doesn't deserve a thread, but after being at my fifth game tonight I felt this sensation!

Thanks White Sox fans for supporting the BEST TEAM in baseball!

Nellie_Fox
05-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Sorry if this doesn't deserve a thread, but after being at my fifth game tonight I felt this sensation!Penicillin will take care of that sensation.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this, but I've been through too many disappointments in my lifetime as a Sox fan to get giddy about it.

As you can probably tell from my location, I work with tons of Twins fans. I'm being very humble in my baseball discussions, with a lot of "it's a long season" type of comments, so I don't have to eat any crow later in the season.

rwcescato
05-14-2005, 12:38 AM
Does anyone like feel they are in a dream right now with this White Sox team! It is so fun to just go to the park regardless of weather and watch this team play their behinds off and win like 75% of the games. I love this team and the baseball they play. I feel I am becoming way to attached to this team, and if they ever lose late in the season (I don't want to say the word) I might go into a depression state.

This season has been a blast so far and I hope it never stops!

Sorry if this doesn't deserve a thread, but after being at my fifth game tonight I felt this sensation!

Thanks White Sox fans for supporting the BEST TEAM in baseball!

Its been unbelievable. I am 41 and never have had this feeling to start a season. Thank God its us and not the scrubs to have this start. We would be buried in cubdom right now. Any rate, I am 5-0 myself and have tix to Mondays game. I can't wait. I can't wait to read tomorrow papers. What a thrill its been.:supernana:

sox_fan_forever
05-14-2005, 12:39 AM
I feel exactly the same way! I spend so much time thinking about this team. Nothing else seems interesting anymore. I'm just going to enjoy the ride and hope it lasts the whole season. I'm not worried about the Sox right now. If a time comes where I need to worry about that then I will, but right now it's time to party!!! :bandance:

Cowhead418
05-14-2005, 12:40 AM
I'm going to my first game tomorrow. You know that when other team's fans are scared of facing you that you have something special!:cool: Keep winning, White Sox!

DaveIsHere
05-14-2005, 12:43 AM
A dream?? Hell Yeah, I was in a Suite Today(Love free tickets, beer, and food) and that huge hit by Paulie, and then Carl's huge at bat made it incredible!!! Going again tomorrow looking for a series win...................a sweep?!??! hell yeah I will take that

Sox of White
05-14-2005, 01:11 AM
Speaking of dreams. I have had several dreams lately regarding White Sox baseball. You can probably guess what the content of the dreams was.

DaleJRFan
05-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Speaking of dreams. I have had several dreams lately regarding White Sox baseball. You can probably guess what the content of the dreams was.

No, I can't guess... was Jennifer Love Hewitt in these dreams???

halfpricemonday
05-14-2005, 01:31 AM

I was thinking the same thing coming home tonight after listening to the game on the radio at work. I've actually had the same dream twice already this season, but I won't dare bring it up in public. If things continue to go our way, maybe I'll bring it up, but until then, I'm too superstitious to mention it...

BRDSR
05-14-2005, 02:07 AM
...(I don't want to say the word)...

Thank you. I appreciate it.

kevingrt
05-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Bad things happen when any fan says it

TommyJohn
05-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Penicillin will take care of that sensation.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this, but I've been through too many disappointments in my lifetime as a Sox fan to get giddy about it.

As you can probably tell from my location, I work with tons of Twins fans. I'm being very humble in my baseball discussions, with a lot of "it's a long season" type of comments, so I don't have to eat any crow later in the season.

You're older than me, but I feel much the same way. I don't want to get my hopes up, and if someone mentions the team I'll just smile and say "yeah.
They're pretty good."

Mickster
05-14-2005, 10:59 AM

Was he/she involved???
:crossdresser

OH!foracold1
05-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Field of Dreams meets Angle's in the Outfield.........................
Is Shoeless Joe out there? Has anyone seen any angels over our pitchers?
Should we start waving our arms up and down everytime there's a great play or clutch hit?

Somebody pinch me......:bandance::bandance:this is UNFRICKENBELIEVABLE:bandance::bandance:

:gulp:

gaelhound
05-14-2005, 11:23 AM
I am not as lonely as Mankato guy, but this is really a Northern Suburban location and some people admit to being Brewer Fans.
I have always had a "Hell Yea" attitude and I am swaggering a bit. I do not switch my Sox cap to my Notre Dame cap until the math is done, maybe this year the only math will be counting to four in October.

soxwon
05-14-2005, 11:41 AM
But i think we will run away with this division, like we did in 83.
The twins are not that great.

People- ITs A MAGIC YEAR!!!

Every 5-10 years or so the Sox have a team, that going in didnt look great, but in the end was very good, such as 83,93, 2000.
This season, will prove much superior to all those years.

In my 40 years attending games, i have never witnessed a Team, this MAGICAL, this PROUD, this INSPIRING, and even this LUCKY(at times).

Sox fans have waited a long long time for this.
Fans in other cities have waited for a TEAM like OURS.

WE will not blow this, no chance.
We are Superior, and like someone wrote, we still havent had the talents, of the greatest hitter in sox history, available yet.

You can laugh at me and think, im nuts.
but i know we will be THE FORCE in baseball this season.

This might well be the Best sox team ever !!!!

You guys might not see it now.
But i do, and i know, ive waited my whole life for this year.
A lot of fans, in the back of there heads are dying to admit this is the year, but are still hesitant, that is fine.
there are others that KNOW NOW.
some will doubt it till we get there.
BUt im ALLREADY there.

MeanFish
05-14-2005, 11:44 AM

Every 5-10 years or so the Sox have a team, that going in didnt look great, but in the end was very good, such as 83,93, 2000.

In my 40 years attending games, i have never witnessed a Team, this MAGICAL, this PROUD, this INSPIRING, and even this LUCKY(at times).

We are Superior, and like someone wrote, we still havent had the talents, of the greatest hitter in sox history, available yet.

A lot of fans, in the back of there heads are dying to admit this is the year, but are still hesitant, that is fine.
BUt im ALLREADY there.

Random shouting? Liberal use of the enter key? You've been hanging out with Hangar, haven't you!?

Man, I feel ya though. This team seems just short of invincible.

Procol Harum
05-14-2005, 12:02 PM

As another old gaffer Sox fan, I concur. I'm enjoying the ride, but I'm still reluctant to let go of my well-travelled Sox "wait-and-see" attitude. Seen too many other teams over the years--especially Sox teams--tank when all was said and done. Baseball is a strange game. Whatever the case, tonight my little banana, dance! Dance! :bandance:

fox2
05-14-2005, 12:04 PM

That's what's got me thinking sometimes, "Something's wrong, this can't be the Sox." In 52 years, I don't think I've ever seen a Sox team that was lucky. They always seemed to be the ones getting the bad hops on defense, hitting the line drives right at someone or 2 inches foul, etc. etc.. Maybe the sentence for throwing a series is 85 years and we've served our time!!!

elrod
05-14-2005, 12:06 PM
I agree with the overall sentiment. It's hard to think of anything else - including work... Unfortunately, it means I get downright angry when they lose.

kevingrt
05-14-2005, 12:07 PM

BUt im ALLREADY there.

I love it when optimism reigns on the SOUTHSIDE!

soxwon
05-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Random shouting? Liberal use of the enter key? You've been hanging out with Hangar, haven't you!?

Man, I feel ya though. This team seems just short of invincible.

im not trying to shout, just putting more emphasis on the statement.
sorry if it offends.

kojak
05-14-2005, 12:50 PM
I have the same feeling about this baseball season as I did about this past college BB season: Magical!

What a blessing to have both in the same year!

I am just thankful that North Carolina doesn't have a major league team!

Now if I can only figure out how to score some Sox tickets when I am in Chicago October 7-12....Anyone? Bueller?

MeanFish
05-14-2005, 12:58 PM
im not trying to shout, just putting more emphasis on the statement.
sorry if it offends.

Offends? LOL, hardly. I just thought it was funny that during a moment of extreme happiness and inspiration, your post came out looking like a Hangar post. That's all. "Shouting" is netspeak for "Caps" and sometimes I forget that it can be taken literally.

:D::bandance::supernana:

DrCrawdad
05-14-2005, 03:17 PM
...I'm enjoying the hell out of this, but I've been through too many disappointments in my lifetime as a Sox fan to get giddy about it.

That's exactly the approach I'm trying to take. I'm not going to act as though the Sox are a lock when they are anything but guaranteed a post in the post-season at this point.

If and when the Sox win the AL Central, I'll be very happy.
If and when the Sox win the pennant, I'll be very happy and gloat a bit.
If and when the Sox win the World Series, I'll be very happy and gloat alot.

FarWestChicago
05-14-2005, 04:43 PM
That's exactly the approach I'm trying to take. I'm not going to act as though the Sox are a lock when they are anything but guaranteed a post in the post-season at this point.

If and when the Sox win the AL Central, I'll be very happy.
If and when the Sox win the pennant, I'll be very happy and gloat a bit.
If and when the Sox win the World Series, I'll be very happy and gloat alot.Anybody who is trash talking at this point isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I'm definitely doing the "winning with dignity" thing. If we win the WS, then it's time to moon walk and bust out any other end zone dance you want. :cool:

batmanZoSo
05-14-2005, 06:58 PM

LOL. That's part of the White Sox fan's m.o. no matter where he lives.