PDA

View Full Version : ScoPo caught leaning

CallMeNuts
05-13-2005, 11:42 PM
ScoPo has brought a lot to the Sox O so far. But is there something that he is doing to tip off when he is about to steal? IIRC: Monday vs. TB, Nomo catches him leaning, but ScoPo is fast enough to beat Huffs throw to 2nd. Last night, ScoPo is picked off twice, with the 1st baseman throwing him out at 2nd. Tonight, he is picked off again, but manages to get into a rundown and is safe at 1st when the pitcher drops the throw. Help him Rock. He's giving something away.

voodoochile
05-13-2005, 11:46 PM
You ask what he is doing to tip it off?

Reaching first base.

I think teams just expect him to steal almost every time...

chisox2005
05-14-2005, 12:04 AM
You ask what he is doing to tip it off?

Reaching first base.

I think teams just expect him to steal almost every time...

I'm with you :cool:

Nellie_Fox
05-14-2005, 12:15 AM
Pitchers are going to be throwing over a lot. He often breaks for second on the very first twitch a pitcher makes after coming set, which might be the move to first.

Sometimes you'll get caught doing that, but Scott is actually fast enough that there's no guarantee that the first baseman will get him at second anyway. And if the pitcher goes home when Scott has done the "break on first movement" they have no prayer of getting him.

And don't call him ScoPo. I'm serious.

voodoochile
05-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Pitchers are going to be throwing over a lot. He often breaks for second on the very first twitch a pitcher makes after coming set, which might be the move to first.

Sometimes you'll get caught doing that, but Scott is actually fast enough that there's no guarantee that the first baseman will get him at second anyway. And if the pitcher goes home when Scott has done the "break on first movement" they have no prayer of getting him.

And don't call him ScoPo. I'm serious.

yeah, pods is a good enough nickname...

I actually thought Chen balked last night on the pickoff. His foot clearly went more toward the plate than toward first base. It looked like he changed his mind mid-delivery when Pods broke for second early. He got away with it, so it doesn't matter...