PDA

View Full Version : Fan Behavior Question

miker
05-13-2005, 09:16 PM
For all the heat we Sox fans take for the supposed attendance "problem", I do have to say the park looks great filled up, like it does for tonight's game.

However, what's the deal with people in the Scout seats behind home plate. A disinterested teenager working for minimum at a fast food restaurant shows more enthusiasm then these stiffs.

And don't get me started on those people in the first few rows with a cell phone calling their third cousins saying "Look...I'm on TV...."

Go Sox! :gulp:

Craig Grebeck
05-13-2005, 09:56 PM
Yeah, but i'd much rather have a collection of stiffs than the steakheads that sit there for the duration of the game on their phone, and waving at the camera like 2nd graders...

dcb33
05-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Aren't a lot of those scout seats being sold for coroporate events? If so, a lot of the people there aren't going to be very passionate, and of those who would normally be passionate and into the game if they go with family/friends/by themselves definitely would tone it down in front of their boss and/or clients...

mccombe_35
05-13-2005, 10:54 PM
I'd love for the people in the scout seats to have the enthusiasm (sp?) of the Sox fans sitting in the bleachers or down the lines.

Tomorrow I'm going to my 1st game of the year, in section 130 - I'll make sure the fans around home plate are fired up!:cool:

chisox2005
05-13-2005, 10:58 PM
I was suprised there were actually people in the scout seats. First few games I've been to, its been pretty empty. Tonight was the first night where I looked over there and it looked at least 90% full.

ChiSoxGirl
05-13-2005, 11:05 PM
I'd love for the people in the scout seats to have the enthusiasm (sp?) of the Sox fans sitting in the bleachers or down the lines.

Tomorrow I'm going to my 1st game of the year, in section 130 - I'll make sure the fans around home plate are fired up!:cool:

I'll be there tomorrow, too- Diamond Suite, baby! I'll be perusing the 100 level before the game. Do you get there early? If so, maybe we could meet up! I'd love to meet a fellow WSIer!

DaveIsHere
05-13-2005, 11:56 PM
I'll be there tomorrow, too- Diamond Suite, baby! I'll be perusing the 100 level before the game. Do you get there early? If so, maybe we could meet up! I'd love to meet a fellow WSIer!

I was in a Suite Tonight, and they are...well...sweet. I will be in 152 tomorrow hopefully bringing home another WS winner

ChiSoxGirl
05-14-2005, 12:06 AM
I was in a Suite Tonight, and they are...well...sweet. I will be in 152 tomorrow hopefully bringing home another WS winner

I've been in a Suite once before, so I know just how "sweet" they are! :wink: I'll be on the look out for you in 152 when perusing the lower bowl tomorrow. Yay for another White Sox Winner! :bandance:

kevingrt
05-14-2005, 09:51 AM
For all the heat we Sox fans take for the supposed attendance "problem", I do have to say the park looks great filled up, like it does for tonight's game.

However, what's the deal with people in the Scout seats behind home plate. A disinterested teenager working for minimum at a fast food restaurant shows more enthusiasm then these stiffs.

And don't get me started on those people in the first few rows with a cell phone calling their third cousins saying "Look...I'm on TV...."

Go Sox! :gulp:

I agree it's unfortunate we have too many non-fans sitting right behind homeplate because that's what a lot of visiting teams see most of the game. Oh well not everything is perfect. And if we play exciting games those people behind homeplate will have to get somewhat excited.

FedEx227
05-14-2005, 09:58 AM

My buds and I will be in section 105 out in Right probably from the start of the game, I'll be wearing my "Cork" shirt, feel free to visit.

SOX ADDICT '73
05-14-2005, 11:12 AM
I agree it's unfortunate we have too many non-fans sitting right behind homeplate because that's what a lot of visiting teams see most of the game. Oh well not everything is perfect. And if we play exciting games those people behind homeplate will have to get somewhat excited.
It's too bad those seats aren't available to average fans, on a game-by-game basis. Maybe a guy who only goes to a couple of games a year, but who would like awesome seats, would be willing to spend a bit more to sit behind home plate. I for one would save my pennies for such a great view of the game.

Instead, the scout seats are only sold in season ticket packages that few real Sox fans can afford. My guess is, they're mostly being bought by companies, who then give the tickets out to their clients. I'm not saying that all of these folks aren't Sox fans; I'm just saying it's more likely that they got some freebie tickets for signing a big contract or placing an extra-large order of paper products.

Are there any WSIers that have had the opportunity to sit in the scout seats? I'd love to hear a description of your experience. At least I'd be able to live vicariously.

steff
05-14-2005, 01:00 PM
It's too bad those seats aren't available to average fans, on a game-by-game basis. Maybe a guy who only goes to a couple of games a year, but who would like awesome seats, would be willing to spend a bit more to sit behind home plate. I for one would save my pennies for such a great view of the game.

Instead, the scout seats are only sold in season ticket packages that few real Sox fans can afford. My guess is, they're mostly being bought by companies, who then give the tickets out to their clients. I'm not saying that all of these folks aren't Sox fans; I'm just saying it's more likely that they got some freebie tickets for signing a big contract or placing an extra-large order of paper products.

Are there any WSIers that have had the opportunity to sit in the scout seats? I'd love to hear a description of your experience. At least I'd be able to live vicariously.

They are avaliable on a game by game basis and not only for season tickets.

GregoryEtc
05-14-2005, 01:05 PM
What we need back there is that lady from the '86 World Series who rolled her arms for every single pitch at Shea Stadium. Yes, it was annoying, but the Mets won, didn't they?

SOX ADDICT '73
05-14-2005, 06:35 PM
They are avaliable on a game by game basis and not only for season tickets.
Since when, steff? When they first went on sale, I'm pretty sure it was only through ST packages. Are you talking about eBay auctions? I've never seen any scout seats listed, but I haven't checked in a while.

Also, the Sox website disagrees (sorry for the grainy image):
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2834&stc=1
Believe me, I wish it weren't so. If you know something the rest of us don't about getting scout seat tix, I'd love to find out.

bayzbol44
05-15-2005, 10:09 AM
I also had heard they were available for anyone, game by game. Hmmm, I must of heard the incorrect information also.

steff
05-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Since when, steff? When they first went on sale, I'm pretty sure it was only through ST packages. Are you talking about eBay auctions? I've never seen any scout seats listed, but I haven't checked in a while.

Also, the Sox website disagrees (sorry for the grainy image):
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2834&stc=1
Believe me, I wish it weren't so. If you know something the rest of us don't about getting scout seat tix, I'd love to find out.

Since people called and asked to buy them for single games.

steff
05-15-2005, 11:40 AM
I also had heard they were available for anyone, game by game. Hmmm, I must of heard the incorrect information also.

You heard right. Give them a call.

Sox Blue 69-70
05-15-2005, 12:00 PM
What we need back there is that lady from the '86 World Series who rolled her arms for every single pitch at Shea Stadium. Yes, it was annoying, but the Mets won, didn't they?

LOL. That's my most enduring memory of the '86 world series. I was cracking up with just about every Boston pitch.

Red Barchetta
05-15-2005, 12:32 PM
One of the best parts of the Cell's design is the outfield concourse IMO. Whenever I had bad seats in the upperdeck, I would simply hang out on the concourse.

I haven't had any bad seasts in awhile, however I understand that they now restrict upper deck ticket holders from the main level and outfield concourse. If that's true, I suggest the SOX re-price the seats in the upper deck corners to $5.00. I hate that the park never seems full because those seats go unused.

skobabe8
05-16-2005, 12:10 PM
One of the best parts of the Cell's design is the outfield concourse IMO. Whenever I had bad seats in the upperdeck, I would simply hang out on the concourse.

I haven't had any bad seasts in awhile, however I understand that they now restrict upper deck ticket holders from the main level and outfield concourse. If that's true, I suggest the SOX re-price the seats in the upper deck corners to $5.00. I hate that the park never seems full because those seats go unused.

WELCOME!

What you say is indeed true. An upper deck ticket will only gain you access to the upper deck. As far as the $5 UD corner seats idea, I completely agree with you. Alot of other parks do this, and people eat those tickets up. Bank One Ballpark has a small section in the Upper deck that goes for $1 every day of the year. The Rockies have a $4 section. Theres no reason we cant have a $5 section.

steff
05-16-2005, 12:12 PM
WELCOME!

What you say is indeed true. An upper deck ticket will only gain you access to the upper deck.

Unless you buy a ST package.

skottyj242
05-16-2005, 12:37 PM
I got an e-mail about a week before the season started from my season tix rep. with an order form to order any game for the first two months in the scout seats. I sat in them a coule of weeks ago, it was really cool, a little cold but I was really hung over and could enjoy all that it had to offer. It was cool having a waitress bring you a bloody mary to your seat though.

ChicagoHoosier
05-16-2005, 02:52 PM
You heard right. Give them a call.

When I had emailed one of the ticket reps, she indicated to me they'd be individually for sale later in the year. Maybe they expedited that plan. How much do they go for individually? $175 or something?

seanpmurphy
05-16-2005, 03:09 PM
WELCOME!

What you say is indeed true. An upper deck ticket will only gain you access to the upper deck. As far as the $5 UD corner seats idea, I completely agree with you. Alot of other parks do this, and people eat those tickets up. Bank One Ballpark has a small section in the Upper deck that goes for $1 every day of the year. The Rockies have a $4 section. Theres no reason we cant have a $5 section.

I could be wrong but someone informed me the BLEACHERS at Busch Stadium are around $10...And we're paying $14 for the nosebleed sections?:dunno:

maurice
05-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Bleachers at Busch are $16 . . . and they really, really suck. They're nothing like the bleachers at the Cell. They cram you in like sardines and sell you overpriced Budweiser.

seanpmurphy
05-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Bleachers at Busch are $16 . . . and they really, really suck. They're nothing like the bleachers at the Cell. They cram you in like sardines and sell you overpriced Budweiser.

Thanks. :(: I'm going to a game there in September. Looking forward to it now!

LVSoxFan
05-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Comerica also has a UD section which is dirt cheap, something like $8/ticket. For all games.