PDA

View Full Version : I'm a masochist.

Hartman
05-13-2005, 09:08 PM
I'm becoming a little alarmed with Buehrle. He isn't even on Garlands level anymore.

Meixner007
05-13-2005, 09:14 PM
I'm becoming a little alarmed with Buehrle. He isn't even on Garlands level anymore.

He's been our most consistent pitcher. He'll be fine.

NonetheLoaiza
05-13-2005, 09:16 PM

teal? i hope it was supposed to be...

Hartman
05-13-2005, 09:17 PM
He's been our most consistent pitcher. He'll be fine.

I can't say i agree with that.

NonetheLoaiza
05-13-2005, 09:20 PM
I can't say i agree with that.

please explain...

White Sox Josh
05-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Hate to do it but...
:threadsucks

Konerkoholic
05-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Oh boy. There's a thread like this every year. What does the man have to do to prove himself?

White Sox Josh
05-13-2005, 09:30 PM
I guess winning 19 games in 02 is just not enough.:rolleyes:

Fredsox
05-13-2005, 09:32 PM

The man is 5-1 with an ERA under 4. He has pitched 6 innings or more 35 straight games (36 after tonight). What do you want from the man?

oeo
05-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Apparantly good pitchers cannot give up 3 runs in a game? The Sox offense needs to step up, Buerhle is keeping them in the game, that's his job. And it isn't like this is a terrible team, this is a hot offense he's against, you need to calm down.

lowesox
05-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Seriously... this is a sucky, sucky thread.

He's not on Garland's level anymore! What a thing to say. You say it like this is a bad thing. Let me ask you - who is on Garland's level right now?

MeanFish
05-13-2005, 09:58 PM
Apparantly good pitchers cannot give up 3 runs in a game? The Sox offense needs to step up, Buerhle is keeping them in the game, that's his job. And it isn't like this is a terrible team, this is a hot offense he's against, you need to calm down.

Oh my God, another lame-o quality start!? Dammit Mark, I told you to throw a no-hitter! A NO-HITTER! Get out of my face, you suck a lot!

Seriously, chill. The man just threw a quality start. Want someone to get mad at? How about Aaron for not getting that hit earlier? Or maybe Dye for sucking? Or perhaps Uribe for grounding out for the third out last inning. Or better yet, don't blame anyone. We're 26-9. That should be good enough.

soxfan26
05-13-2005, 10:19 PM
:whoflungpoo

Hartman
05-13-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm just saying that he'll pitch great for a couple innings, then he'll give up 3-4 runs like nothing it seems like. Not that he's pitching bad, but its like a sporatic thing that seems to happen. The sox will not always be able to come back and win these games, especially against Baltimore. I'm not saying he's a bad pitcher.

Hartman
05-13-2005, 10:25 PM
PS I started this thread after the top of the 4th because i was pissed, if that has any bearing on the credibilty of this thread. :D:

Young Gun
05-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Buehrle will be fine. He is winning games, that is all I care about.

lowesox
05-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Poor guy... one of his 1st posts at WSI and he's already lost his 'This thread sucks' virginity.

chaerulez
05-13-2005, 10:30 PM
PS I started this thread after the top of the 4th because i was pissed, if that has any bearing on the credibilty of this thread. :D:

Yeah, there is really no reason to think Buehrle has dropped his caliber of play.

batmanZoSo
05-13-2005, 10:31 PM
Buehrle just isn't a dominating pitcher, but he is a very smart pitcher. He'll give up 3 runs but that seems to be it. When he gets into trouble, he'll make a pitch he needs to make and keep us in the game. Always a quality start, no matter how bad he looks in one particular inning. And with our great ability to scratch out runs late in the game, it's just a winning formula.

I was a little worried in the Toronto game, but even that was only 2 earned runs. He had the bad inning tonight giving up a 2 run double to Chris Gomez, whom I thought died a long time ago, but then he retired what was it 13 in a row? Then we came back. And if Dusty can nail this one down right now, he's 6-1.

No worries, mon. :cool:

FarWestChicago
05-13-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm becoming a little alarmed with Buehrle. He isn't even on Garlands level anymore.:therapy:

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Oh really?

:supernana:

mcfish
05-13-2005, 10:38 PM
I guess winning 19 games in 02 is just not enough.:rolleyes:I disagree with the original poster, but this I disagree with also. Win totals from 3 years ago will not convince me that someone's worth anything right now. Next year, are you going to look at Loaiza's win total from '03?

MRKARNO
05-13-2005, 10:39 PM

That's what our game threads are for.

Buehrle is our most consistant pitcher and might give up 4 in the first and settle down for 8 innings with 4 ER. I'll take 8 IP and 3 ER any day of the week.

:threadsucks

LongLiveFisk
05-13-2005, 10:41 PM
Poor guy... one of his 1st posts at WSI and he's already lost his 'This thread sucks' virginity.

LOL...is that a record? :tongue:

mike squires
05-13-2005, 10:45 PM
:hawk

"Your what hurts?"

PaleHoseGeorge
05-13-2005, 10:48 PM

We're going to do you a favor and stick this incredibly stupid thread with all the other incredibly stupid threads. You'll blend in better there.

You're welcome.
:cool:

Ol' No. 2
05-14-2005, 12:12 AM
PS I started this thread after the top of the 4th because i was pissed, if that has any bearing on the credibilty of this thread. :D:Did the fact that he shut down the best hitting team in the AL in order the next four innings make you feel better? Jeez, what does he have to do, throw a no-hitter every time out?

HebrewHammer
05-14-2005, 02:49 AM
I'm just saying that he'll pitch great for a couple innings, then he'll give up 3-4 runs like nothing it seems like. Not that he's pitching bad, but its like a sporatic thing that seems to happen. The sox will not always be able to come back and win these games, especially against Baltimore. I'm not saying he's a bad pitcher.

:prozac

3 runs over 8 tonight, string him up.

samram
05-14-2005, 03:24 AM

Sure, it means that you post threads based on knee-jerk reactions to a very good pitcher having a bad inning. Therefore, to echo the previous post- have a double dose of:

:prozac