PDA

View Full Version : Time for FLUBS vs. THE ALMIGHTY SOX Predictions

crazyozzie02
05-13-2005, 03:53 PM
I think seeming that the "cross-town series" is next week, we need some predictions from SOX NATION. My prediction for next weekend is:

Friday= Sox 3, Cubs 2
Saturday= Sox 4, Cubs 3 (Ten Innings)
Sunday= Sox 1, Cubs 5

Sorry but I dont think that we are gonna walk away with a sweep. Now let the debating begin......

MIgrenade
05-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I think seeming that the "cross-town series" is next week, we need some predictions from SOX NATION. My prediction for next weekend is:

Friday= Sox 3, Cubs 2
Saturday= Sox 4, Cubs 3 (Ten Innings)
Sunday= Sox 1, Cubs 5

Sorry but I dont think that we are gonna walk away with a sweep. Now let the debating begin......

I can see the Sox losing a game, but not by 4.

Fri: Sox 3, Cubs 2
Sat: Sox 4, Cubs 2
Sun: Sox 3, Cubs 4

Low scoring, good pitching.

MeanFish
05-13-2005, 04:03 PM
I can see the Sox losing a game, but not by 4.

Fri: Sox 3, Cubs 2
Sat: Sox 4, Cubs 2
Sun: Sox 3, Cubs 4

Low scoring, good pitching.

I'm going to predict a sweep of the Cubs in all six games this season. Reason being, their offense other than Derrek Lee isn't all that frightening and while our rotation is slightly better on the top (and much deeper on the bottom), our bullpen destroys theirs. We're going to win a lot of games in late innings against em.

MIgrenade
05-13-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm going to predict a sweep of the Cubs in all six games this season. Reason being, their offense other than Derrek Lee isn't all that frightening and while our rotation is slightly better on the top (and much deeper on the bottom), our bullpen destroys theirs. We're going to win a lot of games in late innings against em.

No complaint from me, there's no reason why we can't sweep. I just don't like getting overly optimistic which is getting hard this season.

Rocky Soprano
05-13-2005, 04:08 PM
If the Sox keep up their streak of leading games, we will be in good shape.

Get to their starters early, get their bullpen in and we should sweep them.

All I want is the same I want from every series, just win the series.

SoxSpeed22
05-13-2005, 04:08 PM
It depends on who gets their way. If our pitching and speed beats their starters and home run hitting, then we can get 5 or 4 from them. Anything can happen in these two series.

DumpJerry
05-13-2005, 04:15 PM
The Flubs? Who are they? They have spent one, ONE! day at two games over .500. They're gonna beat us? I know, I know, Tampa Bay has a worse record. Tampa has better hitting. Tampa's pitching is suspect and, other than Zambrano, who do the Flubs have that we should be worried about? Prior? *****, he tires out in the 5th (tired elbow???) and then the 'Pen takes over. My four year old nephew can do a better job than their 'Pen.

Sweep the season series with these bums!

LVSoxFan
05-13-2005, 04:18 PM
I hesitate to bet on these games because they're so charged; anything can happen. It's like a mini World Series.

On paper yes: their weak offense should get crushed by our pitchers. Then again, our offense ain't exactly cruisin' right now.

A total sweep would be completely sweet. Man would that shut a lot of people up and drive them even more deeply into despair.

Flames24Rulz
05-13-2005, 04:18 PM
their pen has to be considered one of the worst in baseball...Their offense is also real inconsistant. Sox should be able to take 2 of 3 rather easily.

Cubsuck_a_lot
05-13-2005, 04:25 PM
cubs got no power other than Lee. our pitching staff is better, starting and relieving. we have more "scrappers" while they have depleted sluggers. PAtterson is the only threat on the bases, he cant hit and his fielding is sub-par. i say we win all but one game of the 6 this season, with a sweep at The Cell. the games wont be blow-outs by any means, as our offense is lagging, but as long as the pitching keeps up, the Flubb-a-rinos wont be able to make much contact with the ball.

i dont feel like doing the work, as i am slightly busy at work, but who would be pitching for each team in the upcoming series at the Gum Ball Machine (wrigley)?

HomeFish
05-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Who's going to be pitching for the Cubs against us?

I don't see us beating both Prior and Zambrano if we have to face both of them. We might get lucky against one (Timo, you know what to do), but I doubt we can pull off both.

cheeses_h_rice
05-13-2005, 04:36 PM
Sweeps in Sox/Flubs series are really rare, so I would probably go with Sox winning 2 of 3, but until I see the pitching matchups, I wouldn't put any $ on it.

DumpJerry
05-13-2005, 04:41 PM

I don't see us beating both Prior and Zambrano if we have to face both of them. We might get lucky against one (Timo, you know what to do), but I doubt we can pull off both.
There was a story, I think in the Cubune, that said Rusty Dusty was "resting" Zambrano one extra day after his 130+ pitch outing the other day. That would put both him and Prior on track to face us next week. I don't care, the whole team is a bunch of punks.......

LVSoxFan
05-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Yes it's Zambrano against us first, I believe. That ought to be a hell of a game.

MeanFish
05-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Yes it's Zambrano against us first, I believe. That ought to be a hell of a game.

Since we're playing at Wrigley, do you think AJ can get Z ejected for punching him between pitches? AJ is good at getting into hitters heads, and Z is already a moody headcase. That would be classic.

HomeFish
05-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Since we're playing at Wrigley, do you think AJ can get Z ejected for punching him between pitches? AJ is good at getting into hitters heads, and Z is already a moody headcase. That would be classic.

Even if you don't get him ejected, getting into Zambrano's head is crucial to beating him.

I hope Timo teaches a seminar on it sometime this week.

LVSoxFan
05-13-2005, 05:04 PM
No, what you do is have Timo on first taking a huge lead so the Z inexplicably throws like 8 pickoff attempts.

Then the Sox batter at the plate when he finally throws cranks it onto Waveland, LMAO...

Sound familiar?

South Side
05-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Podsednik on first w/ Zambrano pitching... :D: Can't wait.

DumpJerry
05-13-2005, 05:54 PM
AJ is the master of head games behind the plate. If a called strike comes in, AJ can say "wow...that was close, maybe tad outside?" or "did that ump on opening day take your advice about getting new glasses?"
he he

NorthlakeTom
05-13-2005, 06:39 PM
2 out of 3 at Wrigley. Sweep at home.

O/T, but I see Loaiza is pitching tonight against the Cubs. I wish him the best, and hope he wins tonight and has a decent season with Washington.

miker
05-14-2005, 08:44 AM
I predict the usual fawning over the Scrubs by the local media, followed by loving tributes when the Scrubs lose.

When the series moves to 35th Street, there will be considerable fear among the Scrubbie faithful having been conditioned to be afraid of being anywhere south of Lake Street.

Any White Sox victories will get little airtime and column space.

You know, the same as every other year.

gobears1987
05-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Even if you don't get him ejected, getting into Zambrano's head is crucial to beating him.

I hope Timo teaches a seminar on it sometime this week.
Pods getting on base will make the ass go psycho.

I predict a sweep. WHy? Our pitchers are amazing and the Flub staff if overrated. Lets not even mention the bullpen. I mean the Flubs can't close a game if their lives depended on it and we have 5 quality arms in the pen. Our offense isn't the greatest, but small ball ought to work well in a NL park. I mean the Marlins killed the Flubs in the post-season win pitching and smallball. We'll do the same.

SouthSideHitman
05-14-2005, 10:38 AM
This'll be the year that we really stick it to 'em, I hoping. Bold prediction - 6-0!

ChicagoHoosier
05-14-2005, 11:00 AM
So we've got Burly, Freddy, and Contreras going against them, right? Freddy in a day game. I like the 2/3 prediction, with Sunday dependent on how well Contreras throws.

EDIT: I missed a start in there, so that's not the matchup. So, we'll see how everyone does.

Lip Man 1
05-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Let's concern ourselves with the final two Baltimore games and the Texas series right now.

Lip

ChiSox14305635
05-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Let's concern ourselves with the final two Baltimore games and the Texas series right now.

Lip

I don't believe I'm saying this but.......

I agree with Lip. I think part of the reason the Sox lost 2 in Tampa was because they were looking ahead to the series with the O's. Ozzie is keeping the same rotation intact, so the Cubs are getting Garcia, Contreras & El Duque. Dusty, on the other hand is moving guys up so the Sox get the Cubs 3 big guns. Let's keep up the momentum, and let next week's series take care of itself. If the Sox keep doing well, that momentum should help them at Wrigley.

chisoxfanatic
05-14-2005, 01:03 PM
This is actually the first year I have absolutely NO butterflies in my stomach concerning the Crosstown games. I think we are in position to have MAJOR bragging rights. I could easily see our Sox winning all six of them...it IS possible. Recall that our Sox haven't lost many series, so at least I don't see them doing that.

The only game the Cubs could POSSIBLY win next weekend would be on Saturday, when Contreras pitches...I see Garcia and El Duque both shutting down the piss-poor Cub offense with ease.

soxjim
05-14-2005, 01:06 PM
My prediction is 2 out of 3 each series.

OEO Magglio
05-14-2005, 01:09 PM

Lip
Agreed.

Bisco Stu
05-14-2005, 01:12 PM
With our pitching defense and ability to generate runs in every game, a sweep is certainly possible. The Flubs are an average team at best. 2003 is a loooong time ago. 2 outta 3 minimum.

chisoxmike
05-14-2005, 01:13 PM
There are still a few days before the Cubs series, the Rangers are no pushovers either.... its not going to get any easier now.

May 16-18 vs Rangers
May 20-22 vs Cubs
May 23-26 vs. Angles
May 27- 29 vs. Rangers
May 30-June 1 vs Angles

GO SOX!

fquaye149
05-14-2005, 01:36 PM

I don't see us beating both Prior and Zambrano if we have to face both of them.

Of course you don't.

Poor guy - no one needs this season more than him...and he's just crying himself all the way to the postseason.

chisoxfanatic
05-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Ya know, if Podsednik gets in Zambrano's head early, Z could do something out of anger and get tossed early, handing the game to their feeble bullpen! I'd LOVE for that to happen!

soxwon
05-14-2005, 01:40 PM
This'll be the year that we really stick it to 'em, I hoping. Bold prediction - 6-0!

though i love a sweep.
and im MR Optomistic overall, ill say 4 to 2 sox.
there is just something bout the flubs that makes me nervous.

Unregistered
05-14-2005, 01:41 PM
I'll go with 2/3 in both series with the Cubs - Sox winning the season series 4-2. :gulp: